CNBC predicts market to skyrocket next week

I hope the market starts to recover.

I wouldn't put a dime into it right now, though.

Remember folks, the 1929 stock market lost 90% of its value.

Now you can bet we won't go lower, but I find that hard to believe while people continue to lose their jobs at a rate of over 10,000 a day.

How low can the bottom be for a stock?

Zero.
But, it's pick and choose time. Some of these stocks will never be lower and on those, the risk is little.

Its a great time to invest. Stocks, I think, will do great over the next 10 years. Maybe not the next 10 days or 10 weeks or 10 months, but certainly 10 years. These are the best values in 35 years.

6a00d83451986b69e2011168c1e219970c-800wi

I am nearly fully invested.

I have heard Steve Forbes make a very compelling case to end Mark to Market. The way he explains it, a lot of this is paper loss mandated by Mark to Market that has screwed the system up, that and short sales regulations that were put in place. I don't know but it sounds reasonable enough.

I have heard Steve Forbes make a very compelling case to end Mark to Market. The way he explains it, a lot of this is paper loss mandated by Mark to Market that has screwed the system up, that and short sales regulations that were put in place. I don't know but it sounds reasonable enough.

they are having a hearing on that this thursday.

I bought a bunch of stocks, couldn't resist the cheap prices. I'm gonna get rich(er) over this deal, and be able to shelter the profit until the Marxists are out of power.

What did you buy at what price?
It wouldn't be ethical to publish that information. But it was well-known stocks of very well known companies at historic lows which can't really get significantly lower without the companies ceasing to exist. Therefore my risk is low. You can pretty much make the same choices using this model, they stick out like a sore thumb.

I hope you didn't waste your money on Sirius.

A lot of people are making that case, but with respect to the debt backed securities at the heart of this issue, the banks were using them as legal reserves, but legal reserves are supposed to be highly liquid. That means the "liquid" price for them is the current market price, not a price based on long term value or cash flow. So if the banks are allowed to raise the valuations of these securities and thereby free some cash or other liquid securities from their reserves, won't that in effect lower their actual liquid reserves? Wouldn't we be in danger of the banks not having enough cash on hand to meet their obligations?

Well if CNBC is correct, doesn't look like the soaring will start this morning, dow futures have been falling rapidly for the past hour and half. Dow down 146 at 4:30 CST.

Japan's market closed at lowest level since early 1980's.

Forum List

Back