CNBC predicts market to skyrocket next week

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
UPDATE: Stocks Could Skyrocket After March 12th - Tomorrows Playbook - CNBC.com

Investors such as Jon Najarian are hopeful that stocks could soar next week. They say we could see an explosion to the upside after a meeting scheduled for March 12th.

On that date, a House financial services subcommittee plans a hearing on mark-to-market accounting rules, which have been blamed for forcing banks to report billions of dollars in write-downs.

Karen Finerman has long been an advocate of putting these rules on hiatus for a while and “letting the banks breathe.”

CNBC Gives Financial Advice

"If I had only followed CNBC's advice, I'd have a million dollars today; provided I started with a hundred million dollars."

6:36 - 7:04 (Owned)

Last edited:
I bought a bunch of stocks, couldn't resist the cheap prices. I'm gonna get rich(er) over this deal, and be able to shelter the profit until the Marxists are out of power.

Last edited:
I bought a bunch of stocks, couldn't resist the cheap prices. I'm gonna get rich(er) over this deal, and be able to shelter the profit until the Marxists are out of power.

What did you buy at what price?
It wouldn't be ethical to publish that information. But it was well-known stocks of very well known companies at historic lows which can't really get significantly lower without the companies ceasing to exist. Therefore my risk is low. You can pretty much make the same choices using this model, they stick out like a sore thumb.

And by the way, CNBC might be right, but it will have nothing to do with anything the government did, as they say. It will have everything to do with folks like me buying alot of cheap stock of distressed companies.

Why not? Many of us talk about what stocks, etc. we buy at what price. It's not like we know what broker you used to buy stocks and can look up your financial records.
I just never share those specifics, because if someone emulates me then takes a bath, loses all of grandma's savings and shit, it could fuck up my little ball of karma.

Why not? Many of us talk about what stocks, etc. we buy at what price. It's not like we know what broker you used to buy stocks and can look up your financial records.
I just never share those specifics, because if someone emulates me then takes a bath, loses all of grandma's savings and shit, it could fuck up my little ball of karma.

But if they could have made a lot of money by following your advice, and you don't tell them, then you fuck up your ball of karma even more.

I hope the market starts to recover.

I wouldn't put a dime into it right now, though.

Remember folks, the 1929 stock market lost 90% of its value.

Now you can bet we won't go lower, but I find that hard to believe while people continue to lose their jobs at a rate of over 10,000 a day.

How low can the bottom be for a stock?

Zero.

its not going to loose 90% edit. cnbc is hoping mark to market gets suspended or relaxed. we will see thursday. if it does many people the people including the guy in that article believe the financials will skyrocket.

But if they could have made a lot of money by following your advice, and you don't tell them, then you fuck up your ball of karma even more.
Not at all. Karma is based on a sort of Hippocratic oath, to "do no harm" it's not built by doing good.

I hope the market starts to recover.

I wouldn't put a dime into it right now, though.

Remember folks, the 1929 stock market lost 90% of its value.

Now you can bet we won't go lower, but I find that hard to believe while people continue to lose their jobs at a rate of over 10,000 a day.

How low can the bottom be for a stock?

Zero.
But, it's pick and choose time. Some of these stocks will never be lower and on those, the risk is little.

its not going to loose 90% edit. cnbc is hoping mark to market gets suspended or relaxed. we will see thursday. if it does many people the people including the guy in that article believe the financials will skyrocket.

Happy to hear it, Wimp,

I wish you great fortune.

i think we are in a very deep recession but not in a depression. but like a said i think at this point its subjective.

It wouldn't be ethical to publish that information. But it was well-known stocks of very well known companies at historic lows which can't really get significantly lower without the companies ceasing to exist. Therefore my risk is low. You can pretty much make the same choices using this model, they stick out like a sore thumb.

why do you think that? -- unless it's insider trading, in which case it would be illegal for you to either act on the information or convey the information to someone else. nothing unethical about talking to people about what your feelings are about stocks as far as I know.

why is it you think we are heading into a depression?

Because we are in a depression.
Not quite yet.

You may be correct - and I hope you are. We are going to have two quarters of -6% contraction, and next quarter is also likely to be negative, as well as the quarter after that. However, the rate of decline will probably decelerate, which is a good start.

A massive problem, though, are the European banks, which lent heavily to Eastern Europe, whose currencies have collapsed. This could start the spiral all over again.

New Topics

Forum List

Back