CMA Awards

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Best song of the night - Martina McBride "Anyway" - OMG did anyone else see her sing this song?

At the end of the song my oldest son said "look at dad, he's tearing up a bit" ...:)

I told him her voice does that to me - and this song is masterfully sung by the voice of an angel (martina)....

On another note, I was watching when they announced the "Female Vocalist of the Year" award... It was a bit humorous to me because they had a split screen up of all the nominees; including Faith Hill and when they announced the winner of Carrie Underwood you could see Faith saying (no audio) "WHAT?!?!?" they quickly dropped her screen... LOL

UPDATE: I guess it wasn't just me who thought Faith looked pissed:

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2006/11/was_faith_hill_.html

faith_hill_cma.jpg

Even more from USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/awards/2006-11-07-faith-hill-reaction_x.htm

The moment of the night, at least backstage and on a lot of TiVos, belonged to Faith Hill.
Even though she didn't win.

Hill, a nominee for female vocalist, was on camera along with fellow contenders Sara Evans, Martina McBride, Gretchen Wilson and Carrie Underwood. When Underwood was announced as the winner, the camera caught Hill with arms raised, as if poised to accept, then a split second later mouthing a surprised, "What?"

Sandra Westerman of Borman Entertainment, Hill's management company, says Hill was just joking and didn't know she was on camera: "She would never disrespect one of the other artists."

Okay.. okay.. . I can take a hint - I'm the only sucker on USMB for good Country music..............................................................

Okay.. okay.. . I can take a hint - I'm the only sucker on USMB for good Country music..............................................................
Carrie Underwood doesn't fall under the category of "good" country music. Perhaps you meant:
-Cp said:
I'm the only sucker on USMB for pop music with cowboy hats
In which case, that very well may be true! :poke:

uhh.... do you at all pay attention to things?

DEE DEE DEE....
What about the CMA's constitutes "good" country music to you? Based on what you've mentioned so far in this thread, I disagree any of it qualifies.

Did you watch the CMA's?
Answering questions with questions is poor form. If you'd like a question answered, try responding to what's been asked of you first. Otherwise you just look like you're dodging. Thanks.

Forum List

Back