clunkers for cash...

You're not pretending that's the entire form are you?

Admittedly, my information is anecdotal -- coming from an area census worker.

that is the entire form. there's no more long form. they have an ongoing "survey" so that they can get the info they need to tell us how to live.

2010 Census: 2010 Census is Different

American Community Survey (ACS)
THAT must be what he's talking about.

Interestingly, ACORN recently changed its name to "Community Organizers International."

Tucked into a military spending bill that just passed Congress and is now heading to President Barack Obama for signature is a piece of legislation meant to help get gas guzzlers off U.S. roads and replace them with new, more efficient vehicles. Called the Consumer Assistance Recycle and Save Act of 2009, or more commonly, “Cash for Clunkers,” the $1 billion program will provide a voucher of up to $4,500 (effectively just knocking that much off the price tag — dealers will get electronic payments from the feds) to help offset the cost of new car purchases or leases over the next five months.

The version that passed Congress today represents a marginal win for makers and backers of more fuel-efficient cars. It beat out a competing cash-for-clunkers proposal that wouldn’t have taken fuel efficiency into account at all in the criteria for trade-in vouchers, but the version that passed today still has only modest MPG requirements. The government will in theory offer up to $3,500, for example, to a driver who trades in (at a participating dealer) a 16 MPG Hummer for a brand new SUV that gets a dismal 18 MPG.

full article giving you the rates for suv's, trucks etc.

Cash for Clunkers: What You Need to Know | Reuters

this is the solution to what? why am i penalized for having enough sense to have a car that gets 25 to 30 miles per gallon. I would like a new car....of course....you dumb sob i cant afford one...due to what....either unemployment or underemployment. I am sorry how anyone in the friggin world thinks this is a good plan is beyond me.

I haven't read the rest of the thread so sorry if I duplicate. This plan isn't about gas mileage and global warming. It's all about selling new cars. The Obama administration wants to be certain that the car companies they purchased for the UAW are successful. That's all there is to this.

I enjoy working on my own vehicles...can't do that with the new ones.

A lot of shade tree mechanics will be up in arms if they can't get used parts.

Tucked into a military spending bill that just passed Congress and is now heading to President Barack Obama for signature is a piece of legislation meant to help get gas guzzlers off U.S. roads and replace them with new, more efficient vehicles. Called the Consumer Assistance Recycle and Save Act of 2009, or more commonly, “Cash for Clunkers,” the $1 billion program will provide a voucher of up to $4,500 (effectively just knocking that much off the price tag — dealers will get electronic payments from the feds) to help offset the cost of new car purchases or leases over the next five months.

The version that passed Congress today represents a marginal win for makers and backers of more fuel-efficient cars. It beat out a competing cash-for-clunkers proposal that wouldn’t have taken fuel efficiency into account at all in the criteria for trade-in vouchers, but the version that passed today still has only modest MPG requirements. The government will in theory offer up to $3,500, for example, to a driver who trades in (at a participating dealer) a 16 MPG Hummer for a brand new SUV that gets a dismal 18 MPG.

this is the solution to what? why am i penalized for having enough sense to have a car that gets 25 to 30 miles per gallon. I would like a new car....of course....you dumb sob i cant afford one...due to what....either unemployment or underemployment. I am sorry how anyone in the friggin world thinks this is a good plan is beyond me.

I haven't read the rest of the thread so sorry if I duplicate. This plan isn't about gas mileage and global warming. It's all about selling new cars. The Obama administration wants to be certain that the car companies they purchased for the UAW are successful. That's all there is to this.
It's actually about control. Because when the incentive disappears, outright banning of "clunkers" will be next.

You're not pretending that's the entire form are you?

Admittedly, my information is anecdotal -- coming from an area census worker.

that is the entire form. there's no more long form. they have an ongoing "survey" so that they can get the info they need to tell us how to live.

2010 Census: 2010 Census is Different

American Community Survey (ACS)

For the record, you can still get fined up to 5grand for not filling out the American Community Survey

https://ask.census.gov/cgi-bin/askc...nMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1

I think that's about right. My son's car, which would be better off in the bottom of a canal, was ONE mile off qualifying. If not, we would have taken the deal and bought something twice as expensive with the credit.

I don't like the bit about destroying the old cars though...

My 1989 Silverado is now worth $4500.
Anybody want to buy it for $2500?

Forum List

Back