clunkers for cash...

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
Tucked into a military spending bill that just passed Congress and is now heading to President Barack Obama for signature is a piece of legislation meant to help get gas guzzlers off U.S. roads and replace them with new, more efficient vehicles. Called the Consumer Assistance Recycle and Save Act of 2009, or more commonly, “Cash for Clunkers,” the $1 billion program will provide a voucher of up to $4,500 (effectively just knocking that much off the price tag — dealers will get electronic payments from the feds) to help offset the cost of new car purchases or leases over the next five months.

The version that passed Congress today represents a marginal win for makers and backers of more fuel-efficient cars. It beat out a competing cash-for-clunkers proposal that wouldn’t have taken fuel efficiency into account at all in the criteria for trade-in vouchers, but the version that passed today still has only modest MPG requirements. The government will in theory offer up to $3,500, for example, to a driver who trades in (at a participating dealer) a 16 MPG Hummer for a brand new SUV that gets a dismal 18 MPG.

full article giving you the rates for suv's, trucks etc.

Cash for Clunkers: What You Need to Know | Reuters

this is the solution to what? why am i penalized for having enough sense to have a car that gets 25 to 30 miles per gallon. I would like a new car....of course....you dumb sob i cant afford one...due to what....either unemployment or underemployment. I am sorry how anyone in the friggin world thinks this is a good plan is beyond me.

Tucked into a military spending bill that just passed Congress and is now heading to President Barack Obama for signature is a piece of legislation meant to help get gas guzzlers off U.S. roads and replace them with new, more efficient vehicles. Called the Consumer Assistance Recycle and Save Act of 2009, or more commonly, “Cash for Clunkers,” the $1 billion program will provide a voucher of up to $4,500 (effectively just knocking that much off the price tag — dealers will get electronic payments from the feds) to help offset the cost of new car purchases or leases over the next five months.

The version that passed Congress today represents a marginal win for makers and backers of more fuel-efficient cars. It beat out a competing cash-for-clunkers proposal that wouldn’t have taken fuel efficiency into account at all in the criteria for trade-in vouchers, but the version that passed today still has only modest MPG requirements. The government will in theory offer up to $3,500, for example, to a driver who trades in (at a participating dealer) a 16 MPG Hummer for a brand new SUV that gets a dismal 18 MPG.

full article giving you the rates for suv's, trucks etc.

Cash for Clunkers: What You Need to Know | Reuters

this is the solution to what? why am i penalized for having enough sense to have a car that gets 25 to 30 miles per gallon. I would like a new car....of course....you dumb sob i cant afford one...due to what....either unemployment or underemployment. I am sorry how anyone in the friggin world thinks this is a good plan is beyond me.

look at it as just bad luck (or develop a fuel leak that nets ya abotu 10 MPG) :lol:

o this is so not funny.....you can get a credit for trading for a mere 2 miles more per gallon...hell just turn off your a/c and get that

As I understand it the Gas mileae it currently gets isn't used rather the rating at time of purchase which makes a bill that pretty lame to begin with even lamer.

One provision of this bill -- junkyards are on their way out. It will be illegal to sell parts for cars older than a certain year model. They want to get the older vehicles off the streets. Providing incentive to get you to upgrade is a precursor to banning older vehicles, literally coming over and taking them from you.

How will they know who to visit to get the older cars? Why, the census of course! Same way they knew where to go to round up Japanese-Americans for the interment camps after Pearl Harbor!

Of course, it's supposed to be illegal to use census information this way, in fact it is illegal, but that little detail didn't get in their way then, and it won't now.

dont fill out the census.....give someone a job...what do you mean they want my old clunker....i am bonded with that car....

It's really laughable, Barney Frank and Pelosi struck an amendment on the war spending bill that would have banned the release of terrorist "torture" photos -- they said it was because "procedure" was violated -- but here they are, perfectly okay with THIS violation of procedure -- this amendment is tacked onto another military spending bill and has nothing to do with the military budget.

o fucking jail me..then....i am not filling out shit...if they want to come to the house they can....its none of their business what kinda car i drive or guns i own....they can look it up on state records

dont fill out the census.....
Eric Holder has already said, anyone not filling out the census and not cooperating with the department will be looking at jail time.
That's retarded. The census doesn't ask what you drive and it's always been illegal to refuse to answer the census.
THIS census does. It will have a whole "carbon footprint" section.

And by the way, that law has never been enforced. In fact, never dreamed of being enforced.

Eric Holder has already said, anyone not filling out the census and not cooperating with the department will be looking at jail time.
That's retarded. The census doesn't ask what you drive and it's always been illegal to refuse to answer the census.

And by the way, that law has never been enforced. In fact, never dreamed of being enforced.
:eusa_liar:
http://2010.census.gov/2010census/pdf/2010_Questionnaire_Info_Copy.pdf

You're not pretending that's the entire form are you?

Admittedly, my information is anecdotal -- coming from an area census worker.

my husband worked for the census....gps ing houses....he has made no mention of anything changing on the forms...but of course they havent gone out yet either

You're not pretending that's the entire form are you?

Admittedly, my information is anecdotal -- coming from an area census worker.

that is the entire form. there's no more long form. they have an ongoing "survey" so that they can get the info they need to tell us how to live.

2010 Census: 2010 Census is Different

American Community Survey (ACS)

o fucking jail me..then....i am not filling out shit...if they want to come to the house they can....its none of their business what kinda car i drive or guns i own....they can look it up on state records
They WILL come.

I have avoided the census each and every time it's come up, since my adult life began in 1980. And they DO come and visit the houses where they got no mail-back of the form. I have always told them I sent mine in, but I don't live here I am just prepping the place for new tenants for the landlord. Works every time.

Will it work this time? We shall see.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back