Cloverfield (no spoilers)

Cloverfield is a very well-made film. Definitely one of the best horror/monster/action films I've ever seen.
Great cast, great story, INCREDIBLE effects.

yall must be children.....that movie was nothing.....sorry but if you want good horror that was not it...nor was it even near the great classics.

strollingbones is correct, this movie stunk.

It was the best Godzilla, 1950s B-Rated SciFi Monster of the Week film I've ever seen though.

I lked it. The characters were believeable and well acted without anyone going over the top. The CGI effects were spot on. I rented it on DVD and I'm an SF fan and I'd watch it again. I thought the direction was excellent, the storyline itself was entirely believable (you have to watch for the McGuffin which is in the video which one of the main characters shot) and well played out.

You do have a point there Diuretic. I suppose I am just spoiled on big sweeping epical themes. The macguffin of the creature though (instead of the love story) was what motivated my 1950s comparison.

I thought the 1950s comparison was apt G, Cloverfield is a descendant, just brought up to pace for 2008.

I used to love those 1950s SF films, the big spider, the big sheila, the big blob, so for me Cloverfield was like, the big bugger you only got a glimpse of. I think it took be back to kidhood a bit.

The proper names for those films:

Tarantula
The Attack of the 50 Ft Woman
The Blob
(1958 version)

Am I the only one on here that got nausteated from watching that movie? My fiancee, myself and his son had to leave the theater we got so sick from the camera work. The only one who didn't was my 13 yo daughter. Of course, she's also the only one that rode all the scary rides at Kings Island, so that may mean something too.......

(we are wimps?)

Forum List

Back