Clotheslines don’t keep people employed, honey!

I have a clothesline. I like to use it. It's nice to stand out in the sun for a while.

I just hate it when you carry the clothes in and there is a wasp or two in them.
Bird poop is not cool either.

Plus I am not sure how many of those bounce sheets to hang per yard of line.

LOL, you're suppose to shake out each item before you fold them and put them in the basket and you use liquid fabric softener in the wash rather than bounce on the line. Although, bouncing on the line can be fun when you're a kid, until your mother yells at your to stop.

LOL, been there done that, but we had no fabric softener.
I have even used an actual washboard. And helped make lye soap.

I just hate it when you carry the clothes in and there is a wasp or two in them.
Bird poop is not cool either.

Plus I am not sure how many of those bounce sheets to hang per yard of line.

LOL, you're suppose to shake out each item before you fold them and put them in the basket and you use liquid fabric softener in the wash rather than bounce on the line. Although, bouncing on the line can be fun when you're a kid, until your mother yells at your to stop.

LOL, been there done that, but we had no fabric softener.
I have even used an actual washboard. And helped make lye soap.

I make my own laundry detergent now, 5 gallons for less than $2.00. I have a washboard but when our washing machine is down I don't use it much. I have a bad back. I just fill up the tub and use the "grape crush method". Yep, I put on my shorts and just walked all over the clothes for awhile, I only scrub on the stains. Then I empty the tub and do it again without the detergent and with a little fabric softener. Jeans and sheets are fine without the softener but I hate towels that are so stiff they work like sandpaper.

I don't mind doing without the dryer but I really hate doing without the washer. Of course if there is one thing in modern times I refuse to do without, it's the indoor toilet. Outhouses are the worst and I still have no idea why anyone would build a two seater.

You did not mention that people had gotten too lazy to use clotheslines?

Of course much of our economy depends on laziness and waste.

Finally someone calling liberals and democrats what they are, thank you.

I make no political distinctions in this.

I know but my response fit.

The economy is based on laziness and waste, not at all, not today, not historically. Kind of lazy and a waste on your part to make a comment that is so vague and void of content.

Let's see. The red states get more federal money than the taxes they send in. The blue states pay more taxes than they get back. In other words, we liberals are supporting the lazy asses of people like mdn.

Red States: Beneficiaries of Tax Revenue? || kuro5hin.org

The state basis I analyzed is 48, not 50, since 2 (Oregon and Florida) of the 50 total had roughly $1.00 federal benefits returned for every $1.00 federal taxes paid. I used the 2003 numbers for taxes/benefits, which are the latest I could find. I defined a "large" win as 20% or more margin over all opponents, and a "small" win as less than 10%.

Of the 31 states that GAIN wealth from the federal government, 25 (81%) voted for Bush. Of the remaining 17 states that LOSE wealth to the federal government, 12 (71%) voted for Kerry.

Of the 31 "gain" states, 25 (a different 81%) are "big gain" states, using the definition of obtaining $1.10 or more back in benefits for each $1.00 paid in taxes. Of those 25, Bush won 21 (84%), and Kerry 4 (16%).

Of the 17 "loss" states, 10 (59%) are "big loss" states, using the definition of obtaining $0.90 or less back in benefits for each $1.00 paid in taxes. Of those 10, Kerry won 9 (90%), and Bush 1 (10%).

Yep, mdn, another article instead of blind yap-yap talking points with zero basis.

Old Crock, your articles have all been proven false and now you post more bullshit, anyone can write numbers down and have an idiot find them with google.

Take your Dementia medicine Old Crock.

LOL. Can't show that this is not the case, can you, mdn?

So why don't you lazy Conservatives get off your dead asses and do some work?

LOL. Can't show that this is not the case, can you, mdn?

So why don't you lazy Conservatives get off your dead asses and do some work?

You mean like all the Liberals that work at the post office? Or do you mean like the buearacrats at the immigration department, or are talking about all the buearacrats in the school system.

Oh I know, you mean like the cut/paste job Old Crock does on the fraud called global warming.

Forum List

Back