Closure of Border Patrol stations across four states triggers alarm

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The Obama administration is moving to shut down nine Border Patrol stations across four states, triggering a backlash from local law enforcement, members of Congress and Border Patrol agents themselves.

Critics of the move warn the closures will undercut efforts to intercept drug and human traffickers in well-traveled corridors north of the U.S.-Mexico border. Though the affected stations are scattered throughout northern and central Texas, and three other states, the coverage areas still see plenty of illegal immigrant activity -- one soon-to-be-shuttered station in Amarillo, Texas, is right in the middle of the I-40 corridor; another in Riverside, Calif., is outside Los Angeles.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection says it's closing the stations in order to reassign agents to high-priority areas closer to the border.

Read more: Closure of Border Patrol stations across four states triggers alarm | Fox News

The Obama administration is moving to shut down nine Border Patrol stations across four states, triggering a backlash from local law enforcement, members of Congress and Border Patrol agents themselves.

Critics of the move warn the closures will undercut efforts to intercept drug and human traffickers in well-traveled corridors north of the U.S.-Mexico border. Though the affected stations are scattered throughout northern and central Texas, and three other states, the coverage areas still see plenty of illegal immigrant activity -- one soon-to-be-shuttered station in Amarillo, Texas, is right in the middle of the I-40 corridor; another in Riverside, Calif., is outside Los Angeles.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection says it's closing the stations in order to reassign agents to high-priority areas closer to the border.

Read more: Closure of Border Patrol stations across four states triggers alarm | Fox News

If thats true, then there is no concern.

If thats true, then there is no concern.

when has anything obama ever said turned out to be true?

The Obama administration closed them? Where does it give reasoning for that?

Every time a member of the government take a piss, is Obama holding his dick?

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection have closed it... and they're moving them to high-priority areas closer to the border. WHERE'S THE FUCKING PROBLEM? That's what they see fit to do, that's what they're doing.

Last edited:

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection have closed it... and they're moving them to high-priority areas closer to the border. WHERE'S THE FUCKING PROBLEM? That's what they see fit to do, that's what they're doing.

first paragraph retard.

The Obama administration is moving to shut down nine Border Patrol stations across four states, triggering a backlash from local law enforcement, members of Congress and Border Patrol agents themselves

first paragraph retard.

The Obama administration is moving to shut down nine Border Patrol stations across four states, triggering a backlash from local law enforcement, members of Congress and Border Patrol agents themselves

I read the article, retard.

I'm asking where it's the "Obama Administration" making the decisions, and not the border patrol itself. People are always saying, "Obama Administration this, Obama Administration that", but in reality it's not the Obama Administration making the fucking little decisions like that, or even the large ones necessarily.

Idiot.

Every time some changes occur in the government, federal or state, it doesn't mean that the presidential administration was behind it. Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
I love it, He wants us to Compromise on Immigration Reform, but not only will be not talk about securing the Border, it appears he is actively making it less secure.

His agenda could not be more Transparent. More Illegals is what he wants.

I love it, He wants us to Compromise on Immigration Reform, but not only will be not talk about securing the Border, it appears he is actively making it less secure.

The actions of the border agency are precisely to make it more secure. They are focusing their attentions where it's actually needed... the border. Not hundreds of miles away from it.

first paragraph retard.

I'm asking where it's the "Obama Administration" making the decisions, and not the border patrol itself. People are always saying, "Obama Administration this, Obama Administration that", but in reality it's not the Obama Administration making the fucking little decisions like that, or even the large ones necessarily.

Idiot.

Every time some changes occur in the government, federal or state, it doesn't mean that the presidential administration was behind it. Jesus Christ.

first paragraph retard.

first paragraph retard.

Idiot.
That's a Complete Cop out dude. The Border Patrol is part of the Executive Branch of the US government. Obama and his Admin are the Boss.

When ever a republican is in Office, anything the Agencies under them do is always blamed on the admin, yet now you want to excuse Obama for things happening in the agencies he over sees.

first paragraph retard.

Idiot.
That's a Complete Cop out dude. The Border Patrol is part of the Executive Branch of the US government. Obama and his Admin are the Boss.

When ever a republican is in Office, anything the Agencies under them do is always blamed on the admin, yet now you want to excuse Obama for things happening in the agencies he over sees.

BULL SHIT. I see you assholes nearly every day refusing to give credit to the Obama administration for things like you would otherwise try to blame it for if it were something you didn't like.

Besides, even if it were a direct decision of the Obama Administration, it's not a bad thing. They're making better usage of their resources and putting their agents where they can do the most good... at the border.

The actions of the border agency are precisely to make it more secure. They are focusing their attentions where it's actually needed... the border. Not hundreds of miles away from it.

You are Ignorant sir. Many areas of our Southern Border are very Inhospitable landscapes. In many Cases it makes sense to Patrol many Miles in from the Border, Rather than Right on the Border. Often along the first major Highway anyone coming North Would Come too.

You clearly have never been to the American South West.

This is no doubt a response to Arizona and other states who want border security. It's a big "screw you" and they have let it be known that they will not help to protect the borders and will continue to coddle anyone illegally entering our country. He needs the votes and does far more to serve the illegals than the citizens of this country.

Thank you Mr President.

But, don'e expect IGNORANT rw's to GET IT.

Typing reeel slow for the likes of willow ... I lived 20 miles south west of Tucson for more than 25 years. It is stupid to pay for such things as checking driver's licenses (1070 which was passed so that stupid rrw's would vote R but otherwise accomplishes less than nothing because that very same law is already in effect) or putting Border Control agents where there are NO illegals.

Even the rw's on this board should be able to understand that fux is anti-Obama and the FACT that they lie. READ the article. No, I mean, READ it.

Now, ask yourself, why put agents where there are no illegals?

If you open your mind, use your brain and turn off the Hate Obama Button, its not hard.

Idiot.

BULL SHIT. I see you assholes nearly every day refusing to give credit to the Obama administration for things like you would otherwise try to blame it for if it were something you didn't like.

No, You don't see me doing it. You are simply lumping me in with a Group, like all Partisan Hacks do. I have credited Obama several Times in here when I thought he Made a Good Call, I am also not afraid to Criticize Republicans. I have even specifically said when Bush was President, that he was Responsible For decisions made at Federal Agencies. When Other people were using the Same BS cop out Excuse you just did to defend him.

The President is the Boss of the Executive Branch and all that it entails. Yes Decisions are made with out him, But in the End the Buck stops with him. Only A Partisan Hack, from Either Side, would defend a President by Saying he is not responsible for the Actions of the Agencies he over sees, and he Chose the Leadership for.

Fail!

Last edited:

Calimexico, land of the free and bankrupt. President Transparency

Last edited:

You are Ignorant sir. Many areas of our Southern Border are very Inhospitable landscapes. In many Cases it makes sense to Patrol many Miles in from the Border, Rather than Right on the Border. Often along the first major Highway anyone coming North Would Come too.

You clearly have never been to the American South West.

I would think the border patrol knows what they are doing. Why don't you bitch at them, instead of throwing your incessant whines to the head of the fucking country about low level shit. Come back to me about high level strategic shit and then we'll talk.

You might want to talk to Darryl Issa about that one....he started a few years ago....

Border Patrol Checkpoint on I-15

Local residents want checkpoints closed

Border Patrol Will Scale Back Operations at 2 Checkpoints - Los Angeles Times

So they are moving border agents from hundreds of miles away from the border to on the border and you have a problem with this? Is there really a problem with the border between texas and Oklahoma? I understand oklahoma's concerns about allowing the human scum that lives in texas able to freely cross the border into their state, but this should make you guys happy.

Oh wait, it was done by a black person, now i see the problem.

Forum List

Back