Closing Gitmo the Golden Pill

What the Obamabots do not understand is that the Islamic extremists do not need Gitmo in order to hate us. They honestly believe that their religion teaches the to hate us. They teach their children that they will go to heaven if they become a homicide bomber. Gitmo or Ill. It doesn't matter, it will not change anything in their eyes.

It is nothing more than a political ploy by Obama.

By the way He still has 2 weeks before his time is up to get Gitmo closed. I don't think he'll make it.

What the Obamabots do not understand is that the Islamic extremists do not need Gitmo in order to hate us. They honestly believe that their religion teaches the to hate us. They teach their children that they will go to heaven if they become a homicide bomber. Gitmo or Ill. It doesn't matter, it will not change anything in their eyes.

By the way He still has 2 weeks before his time is up to get Gitmo closed. I don't think he'll make it.

Well lets see political payoff to Illinois, waste of money, puts citizens into even more threatened position, sucks up to the world over US interests, ego bonanza, etc.
Who does this guy work for?

It is nothing more than a political ploy by Obama

Absolutely correct. I'd love to hear from the terrorist huggers how moving them anyplace else is going to make the terrorists stop. Gitmo is the perfect place for them and that's where they should remain. Period.

Exactly.

GITMO was not a topic of news or table conversation before the 1993 WTC bombing
It was not a topic of news or table talk before the Cole bombing
It was not a topic before 9-11-01

Only the gullible and wannabe believers fell for that rhetoric not realizing it was nothing more than democratic politicians and left wing zealots making it something that it wasn't.

Not to mention, of course....if they hear that a US jail is where the combatants go, they will picture in their minds jails in A-Stan and Iran......you thiunk they will see that as a country club and change their views on us?

Pathetic how people fell for that rhetoric....and defend it with no substance.

While I disagree that GITMO needs to be shut down. I don't see moving them to IL being a big deal. If we can hold the likes of Charles Manson in prison for decades, keeping convicted terrorists in the states won't be an issue either.

-TSO

While I disagree that GITMO needs to be shut down. I don't see moving them to IL being a big deal. If we can hold the likes of Charles Manson in prison for decades, keeping convicted terrorists in the states won't be an issue either.

-TSO

Keeping them there is not the concern at all.
Once they are there, they are no longer enemy commbatants....they become accused criminals.
Accused criminals have certain rights that, when applied to enemy combatants, become those "technicalities".
For example.....when was the last time a POW was read miranda rights?
That being said, anything those combatants have said in the past while being interrogated will not be allowed in a court of law...making for a more difficult prosecution.

So no...it is not an issue of keeping them there. It is an issue of them becoming accused criminlas...and no longer enemy combatants.

It was simply a cause celebre of many who opposed Chimpola, they created a myth around it that it was a massive Gulag and when it was finally gone the world would look fondly on a kindly USA for getting rid of it.

The truth was it was a well run holding facility for extremly dangerous people and there is no good replacement for it.

That is why Barry stands there with his thumb up his ass trying to figure out what to do with the inmates of it.

So true. Gitmo is the perfect place for all these dirtbags terrorists. Everything I've read about it says it is well run. These dirtbags never had it so good.

BO made that campaign promise. You know, about closing Gitmo. Funny he doesn't appear likely to honor any of his other campaign promises, only this one??? Or at least he will try. Should be interesting to see if Congress goes along with purchasing that prison in Ill?? I do have my doubts. If they don't go along looks like Gitmo will be around for quite a while despite Barry's best efforts.

Last edited:
So no...it is not an issue of keeping them there. It is an issue of them becoming accused criminlas...and no longer enemy combatants.

I'm not sure that is an issue. If you look back at WWII, we had over 500 camps set up on the US mainland to hold POWs (over 400k POWs here in the states). They were held as POWs on US soil, without their status changing. All I believe that would need to be done, is their current status not be changed once they were on US soil.

-TSO

I'm not sure that is an issue. If you look back at WWII, we had over 500 camps set up on the US mainland to hold POWs (over 400k POWs here in the states). They were held as POWs on US soil, without their status changing. All I believe that would need to be done, is their current status not be changed once they were on US soil.

-TSO

Interesting point...but in this case, Holder made it quite clear that they are all being deemed as accused criminlas to be tried in US courts...and no longer deemed as enemy comnbatants.

Recall the news of last month....5 will be tried in NYC....under US court protocols.

Recall the news of last month....5 will be tried in NYC....under US court protocols.

I wonder how quick it will be before the defense uses the lack of miranda to have the cases thrown out?

-TSO
It has already been addressed. Holder responded with....paraphrased.....'all it will do will throw out anything the accused said after captured...but we believe we have enough evidence to convict them anyway.

The word NOT paraphrased, yet ignored by the media (not sure why) was "believe"

OMG... I'm gonna bust a rib laughing before 2012. :lol::lol::lol:
It seems the the terrorists might want to STAY at Gitmo. So much for it's value as a "recruitment tool" for Al qaeda. :eusa_whistle:

Excerpt:
What’s worse — living in a secure facility in the tropics where some reasonable social interaction exists, or living in a Supermax facility in icy weather under almost-constant constant lockdown? Mark Hemingway notices a key tidbit in a report on Gitmo from Newsweek’s Michael Isikoff that suggests the Gitmo detainees may sue to stay right where they’re at:

"But the final irony is that many of the detainees may not even want to be transferred to Thomson and could conceivably even raise their own legal roadblocks to allow them to stay at Gitmo.

Falkoff notes that many of his clients, while they clearly want to go home, are at least being held under Geneva Convention conditions in Guantánamo. At Thomson, he notes, the plans call for them to be thrown into the equivalent of a “supermax” security prison under near-lockdown conditions.

“As far as our clients are concerned, it’s probably preferable for them to remain at Guantánamo,” he says."

(more....)
Hot Air » Blog Archive » Gitmo prisoners may resist transfer to Illinois

OMG... I'm gonna bust a rib laughing before 2012. :lol::lol::lol:
It seems the the terrorists might want to STAY at Gitmo. So much for it's value as a "recruitment tool" for Al qaeda. :eusa_whistle:

Excerpt:
What’s worse — living in a secure facility in the tropics where some reasonable social interaction exists, or living in a Supermax facility in icy weather under almost-constant constant lockdown? Mark Hemingway notices a key tidbit in a report on Gitmo from Newsweek’s Michael Isikoff that suggests the Gitmo detainees may sue to stay right where they’re at:

"But the final irony is that many of the detainees may not even want to be transferred to Thomson and could conceivably even raise their own legal roadblocks to allow them to stay at Gitmo.

Falkoff notes that many of his clients, while they clearly want to go home, are at least being held under Geneva Convention conditions in Guantánamo. At Thomson, he notes, the plans call for them to be thrown into the equivalent of a “supermax” security prison under near-lockdown conditions.

“As far as our clients are concerned, it’s probably preferable for them to remain at Guantánamo,” he says."

(more....)
Hot Air » Blog Archive » Gitmo prisoners may resist transfer to Illinois

Next.. they'll be asking for virgins as a religious right..

Hey maybe that's the Obama plan, treat them so nice that terrorist from around the world surrender, so the American people can take care of them in resorts from Gitmo to Palua.
It's a brilliant liberal bleeding heart solution...

Forum List

Back