close to death

A year as a combat soldier in Vietnam, point man and tunnel rat. Do the math. Over 20 air assaults on hot LZ's. And who knows how many I may have had that I wasn't even aware of. And that was before I was old enough to drink or vote.

A guy in a stolen car ran a redlight and smashed into my car at 70mph. Hit the drivers door. I walked away with a bruise on my leg where the door hit me. He ran off, but left a lot of blood on his steering wheel.

Had a heart attack just over two years ago and quaduple by-pass.

I know there were others but can't think of them right now.

In any case I don't need a death clock, I'll live till I die.

Johnney said:
the closest ive come to death... i was married once... does that count?

No. You should have had MY ex! (Ok, that would have been a bit weird, but you know what I mean!) :D

Kathianne said:
No. You should have had MY ex! (Ok, that would have been a bit weird, but you know what I mean!) :D

Apparently, he's a slow learner, since he's gonna do it again in 2.5ish months. :D

Shattered said:
Apparently, he's a slow learner, since he's gonna do it again in 2.5ish months. :D

Yeah, but he'll get it right this time, right Johnney? :thup:

BTW, I'll bet one of the closest brushes with a heart attack would have to be some of the thread posts between tpahl and I in the summer/fall of last year! :smoke:

Kathianne said:
oh no, mine as vicious! i got out with the clothes on my back...barely!!

Deathclock says I will die Wednesday June 3, 2037. I would be 66 years old.

The closest I have ever come to death:

When I was bullriding I was dropped in the well and stepped on several times by a bull. Amazingly nothing was broken, except my sense of pride. I had a bruise on my inner thigh unnervingly close to my "boys". The Kevlar Vest saved my ass that day.

My date of death: Feb 13, 2063. I would be 91!

Strange thing... when I went to do this, the date already on the clock was 16 August, 2001 for a male non-smoker, BMI<25. This is my baby! He's not due to die until 8-15-2094, however. Whew!

Closest I ever came to dying was giving birth the first time. Hemorrhaging, skyrocketing bp, blood clots in my heart and lungs. You think that would have scared us off of having kids. Guess we like to walk on the wild side! :cow:

Forum List

Back