close to death

Today. One day closer than I was yesterday. I'll be one day closer tomorrow if I dont die today...

according to that, DK's PDOD (Personal Date of Death) is
Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Now I know that's incorrect, because I plan on offing him later today :death:

MyName said:

Today is a good day to die. :funnyface

MyName said:

Problem is alot of clocks tend to be wrong.. ;)
April 3, 2021 for me..Damn, not much time left.

The closest I came to death was on the operating table when they screwed up the anesthesia. The second closest would probably be either the anyeurism thing or the ovarian cancer in my twenties.

The positive point of all of this refers to the anyeurism. Since I had it, I dont remember much of the other stuff, so its all good ;)

What is this crap... Wednesday, October 16, 2030 , that thing says I'm going to die when I'm 47!!!!!!!! :mad:

I'm not sure how one would measure "closeness". I have never been injured or sick to an extent one could claim my life was in danger, but I have been in a couple of "situations" where I "could have" been killed or if things had fallen into place one way or another, who knows...

I once flew a lot more than I do now. Back in about `97, I was on a Garuda Indonesia Airways flight from Jakarta to Singapore that continued to Osaka, Japan. I got off in Singapore and took the flight the following day because I had a meeting in Singapore that would only take a day. The flight took off from Jakarta no problem. I got off in Singapore and the flight continued to Osaka where it crashed while landing. Not a lot of people were killed (if my memory serves me right, 9 people) but still, if I hadn't had the meeting in Singapore, I would have continued that day to Osaka and from there.... who knows?

Another time was that flight a couple of years ago that crashed in Taipai, Taiwan. It was a Singapore Airlines flight. I had been schedule to take the same flight, but I got delayed one day (truth be known, I had a HORRIBLE hang-over) and so I was supposed to take the flight the next day but I ended up waiting about 5 more days before flying because SQ was all screwed up for a few days.

The most likely time was the first Gulf War. During an early morning raid on Jalibah Airbase in Iraq, the Bradley off our left flank (about 150 meter at the time) was hit by a friendly fire round that killed a couple of the guys inside. The TC was at fault because he crossed into the kill zone. I guess just by "proximity" and "circumstances" I would consider that the closest ever... I would say from about the 48th to the 124th hour of the 100 hour war!

Just did my 84 year old dad, smoker:

Thursday, January 28, 2016

:laugh:

Forum List

Back