Clooney holds $40K per plate fundraiser for Hussein

I don’t get this fundraiser stuff anymore. I mean did not Citizens United resolve this type on PETTY sham-o-tick actives as a requirement now? Unlimited direct deposit by a person on behalf of the unknowing peoples is the in thing now? I mean whatever it takes to diminish the voting public faith is fine, But can we do this with less class and more jack the people? :confused: Call it MUDD? Mass Unrestricted Direct Deposit? IDK!

Last edited:
I thought there were so-called limits on what people could donate. 40K sure as hell doesn't sound like a limit. It sounds like a loop hole since I thought the limit was like around 5k or so.

We're all delusional, if we think the present system of campaign finance is going to get us anything but more-of-the-same.

and now, because of citizen's united, we can't fix that system.

isn't it cute how they shriek about the president actually doing what he has to do in order to get re-elected.

do you see them whining about the money that romney has raised? or that karl rove has waiting?

didn't think so.... which is why they're hypocrites.

don't ewe just hate it when lawyers make rules like Citizens United? I love it when ewe hate it.. makes my day.

We've been over how public campaign finance will not fix anything. Several times. I guess you just don't want to face it. It's fine, but it is also humorous.

Smug satisfaction doesn't get you much in my book. Your analysis assumes that the system would somehow be subverted in who gets the money, when the truth is that voting results would be known. Amounts of money given out would also be known. Where's the room for cheating? Combine that with the fact politicians wouldn't have to make expensive promises to donors and we're halfway to solving the budget crisis. At best, you're an enabler of the very thing you decry.

If you've laid out a "plan" that's better, a cite to the post should be in order for anyone that didn't read the earlier thread. My prediction: It'd be full of platitudes about freedom and the corruption in government with no real logic behind the croticism and no real alternate solution. Sorry, I can't remember exactly what you said off the top of my head, but the "broken record" comment is merely a piece of rhetorical hypocrisy, because you realize you don't really have a viable alternative and ridicule is your only option.

Well that was a painful read. I already told you the solution to the problem. You didn't believe it. I'm not interested in running in your hampster wheel. Good luck getting that campaign finance reform law passed.

But mental masturbation over corporatism is just fine? You may not want to run in my hamster wheel, but there are others who haven't read your analysis that would at least like a cite. Failure to do so would seem to indicate lack of confidence in your post. Funny how you pop up every time, though! Need to use some grease. I hear the wheel turning. :lol:

That's great news. Our President will get a few more mil in his coffers, to send out his message.

I bet Obama also sings better than Mittens.

It's good. Clooney is a big draw and a committed Democrat. If I could afford it, I would pay just to have brunch with that guy. I would pay that much for brunch with the president as well.

Well, if that doesn't sum up the essence of liberalism... style over substance every time. Clooney's a dunderhead and Obama's not far behind...

That's great news. Our President will get a few more mil in his coffers, to send out his message.

Yeah, whatever... Obama.. the darling of left wing Hollywierdos and other assoted moonbats.

How's that evidence of the mythical war on women coming?

:lol:

I'm sure a few years from now Dems will be crying for campaign finance reform when they're back on the wrong side of the ledger. Enjoy your hypocrisy. I'm sure you will. That's all libs do.

Forum List

Back