Cloning...A serious discussion

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
How long would we live if we could replace body parts with exact matches?

How about replacing our whole bodies and exchanging brains with that of a clone?

Someday the micro surgery techiques will be available. Would you participate?

I would if it was sure fire. They are patenting human genes right now. Perhaps one has an inalienable right to patent ones own body and its specific type. Do we own our own uniqueness?

Your thoughts?

How about replacing our whole bodies and exchanging brains with that of a clone?

Do you think the problems that a 98 year old experiences is entirely attibuted to the body? Do you think any of that is attributed to the brain?

I think if you transplanted an old brain into a young body, you would end up with teenagers with Alzheimers.

Do you think the problems that a 98 year old experiences is entirely attibuted to the body? Do you think any of that is attributed to the brain?

I think if you transplanted an old brain into a young body, you would end up with teenagers with Alzheimers.

I don't know. It is my non medical understanding that stem cells more abundant in a younger body might affect that disease or just stem cells derived from an exact match genetically might be introduced into the brain.

I'm more asking that if these medical questions and concerns were addressed successfully would you want in?

interesting book...last child in the woods...talk about how this generation has accepted the merging of man/machine/animals....that there are about 2000 patented life forms...i am not real sure what that means but i am sure xox can explain it...

i find the idea of "cloning" sillie...the so called "clone" is a human from your cells...not a spare parts factory for you. are there not still questions concerning the aging of cells in the "clone" animal or person...that dollie's lambs (remember the sheep that was cloned) age faster due to her age at the beginning....

so you would have to clone your infant...now tell me....you have spare infant identical to the one you gave birth too and your not gonna love it....now that would be a brave new world.

I don't know. It is my non medical understanding that stem cells more abundant in a younger body might affect that disease or just stem cells derived from an exact match genetically might be introduced into the brain.

Pluripotent stem cells (those which can become any cell in the body) only exist in embryos. Adult stem cells can only become certain specific cells.

Additionally, cells cannot move from the body to the brain and become brain cells.

Pluripotent stem cells (those which can become any cell in the body) only exist in embryos. Adult stem cells can only become certain specific cells.

Additionally, cells cannot move from the body to the brain and become brain cells.

The discussion is not about what is this very moment or has been. Science is making breakthoughs every day with what cells can do or may do in the future.

Lets assume that the ONLY question is...would you?

interesting book...last child in the woods...talk about how this generation has accepted the merging of man/machine/animals....that there are about 2000 patented life forms...i am not real sure what that means but i am sure xox can explain it...

i find the idea of "cloning" sillie...the so called "clone" is a human from your cells...not a spare parts factory for you. are there not still questions concerning the aging of cells in the "clone" animal or person...that dollie's lambs (remember the sheep that was cloned) age faster due to her age at the beginning....

so you would have to clone your infant...now tell me....you have spare infant identical to the one you gave birth too and your not gonna love it....now that would be a brave new world.

Common Bones... You wouldn't want to have that nineteen year old body back if you could?

Would I be able to order clones of Elisha Cuthbert and Jessica Alba that I could keep as sex slaves?

If so, count me in.

Go ahead and slap a property tax on them too, I'm good for it.

How long would we live if we could replace body parts with exact matches?

Someday the micro surgery techiques will be available. Would you participate?

I would if it was sure fire. They are patenting human genes right now. Perhaps one has an inalienable right to patent ones own body and its specific type. Do we own our own uniqueness?

Your thoughts?

Depends! If the parts are manufactured from live, living, thinking and moving people (aka the Island), I think the ethical concerns could and would be too great. BUT, if the clone could be a headless clone (meaning only the organs are alive and its not a whole person), then I would say YES!

I think we should start with cloning food products, such as fish, pigs (No I don't mean Shogun), chickens, cows (even whales) etc. Cloning animals we use for food would be HUGE, especially fish since we are over-fishing just about everything we eat.

Once we take care of the food sources, then we can start with fixing humans!

I think if you transplant a brain then you have an entirely different person! Not so with say a liver, lung, kidney, arm, foot or heart!

Personally I think the brain should be off limits!

I have saved all the stem cells for each of my children, so yea at least they have spares! :clap2:

I guess I am fucked, but who wants to live forever! I sure as hell don't! :razz:

The discussion is not about what is this very moment or has been. Science is making breakthoughs every day with what cells can do or may do in the future.

No. I don't really see the need to live for ever.

What about living a "normal" live span? Say you are 40 and you get shot in the heart by a stray bullet! Fixing your heart is not an option, but replacing it with a cloned heart an option. Refusing the cloned heart and you die! Accepting the cloned heart and you are back to "normal!" That is not living forever, but rather cheating death by the use of science!

thats assuming that the transplanted brain had Alzheimer's. I've known some sharp 90 year olds.

ok, Connor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYOE_b4aYD0&feature=fvw]YouTube - HIGHLANDER-WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER[/ame]

I look forward to dying ... living longer than 70 years ... pointless.

yea.. you say that NOW... I've often wondered if Roger ever regretted singing a few lyriucs at his golden age..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xZOrWK6d4g&feature=related]YouTube - My Generation[/ame]

Pete_Townshend_&_Roger_Daltrey_1.JPG

Forum List

Back