Clock ticks down on a deadly chemical stockpile

Chemicals are NOT weapons of mass destruction.

Nuclear weapons are, and perhaps biological weapons might be, but chemicals?

No way.

Now I know well that my opinion here is not the mainstream opinion, but seriously...

Chemical weapons are hardly WMDS.

No more so then any large conventional bomb is a WMD.

Chemicals in drinking water sources....mass destruction
Chemicals piped into office building air ducts....mass destruction
Chemicals injected into public food sources.....mass destruction.

Chemicals are NOT weapons of mass destruction.

Nuclear weapons are, and perhaps biological weapons might be, but chemicals?

No way.

Now I know well that my opinion here is not the mainstream opinion, but seriously...

Chemical weapons are hardly WMDS.

No more so then any large conventional bomb is a WMD.

I beg to differ with you. Chemical weapons are very much a weapon of mass destruction. If you had any military training at all in NBC warfare, you would know this.

They certainly were not the nukes we were baited with. You know it. I know it. Good fucking grief, you people would call a slick floor a WMD if you thought it would alleviate the laughter you've been taking ever since those mobile chem labs turned out to be nothing and we STILL never found those "Saddam must Disarm" nukes we were promised.

Baited with Nukes? THERE WAS NEVER A DISCUSSION OF NUKES IN IRAQ.

Why would you make that up? We know exactly who has nukes, who is trying to develop nukes and who is almost ready to build a nuke...Iraq was NEVER on that list.

If you had stayed on top of the situation, you would have known our number one concern was the development of biological and chemical weapons....some of which he tested on his own people.

Nukes? You really thought they had nukes? Where the hell did you EVER hear that nukes was what they were looking for?

How is that MSM doing for ya? Makes you look pretty naive if you ask me.

Nukes.....jeez....sad.

I beg to differ with you. Chemical weapons are very much a weapon of mass destruction. If you had any military training at all in NBC warfare, you would know this.

They certainly were not the nukes we were baited with. You know it. I know it. Good fucking grief, you people would call a slick floor a WMD if you thought it would alleviate the laughter you've been taking ever since those mobile chem labs turned out to be nothing and we STILL never found those "Saddam must Disarm" nukes we were promised.

Why would you make that up? We know exactly who has nukes, who is trying to develop nukes and who is almost ready to build a nuke...Iraq was NEVER on that list.

If you had stayed on top of the situation, you would have known our number one concern was the development of biological and chemical weapons....some of which he tested on his own people.

Nukes? You really thought they had nukes? Where the hell did you EVER hear that nukes was what they were looking for?

Nukes.....jeez....sad.

Lie and deny till you die is the philosophy of CON$ervatism.
CNN.com - Bush: Don't wait for mushroom cloud - Oct. 6, 2002
President Bush outlined his case against the regime of Saddam Hussein and called on the Iraqi leader to disarm in a speech to the American people Monday night. Here is a transcript of his speech:

We agree that the Iraqi dictator must not be permitted to threaten America and the world with horrible poisons, and diseases, and gases, and atomic weapons.

The inspectors discovered that Iraq had an advanced nuclear weapons development program, had a design for a workable nuclear weapon, and was pursuing several different methods of enriching uranium for a bomb.
Before being barred from Iraq in 1998, the International Atomic Energy Agency dismantled extensive nuclear weapons-related facilities, including three uranium-enrichment sites.
That same year, information from a high-ranking Iraqi nuclear engineer who had defected, revealed that despite his public promises, Saddam Hussein had ordered his nuclear program to continue. The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program.
Saddam Hussein has held numerous meetings with Iraqi nuclear scientists, a group he calls his "nuclear mujahedeen" -- his nuclear holy warriors.
Satellite photographs reveal that Iraq is rebuilding facilities at sites that have been part of its nuclear program in the past.
Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons.
If the Iraqi regime is able to produce, buy, or steal an amount of highly-enriched uranium a little larger than a single softball, it could have a nuclear weapon in less than a year.
And if we allow that to happen, a terrible line would be crossed. Saddam Hussein would be in a position to blackmail anyone who opposes his aggression. He would be in a position to dominate the Middle East. He would be in a position to threaten America. And Saddam Hussein would be in a position to pass nuclear technology to terrorists.
Some citizens wonder: After 11 years of living with this problem, why do we need to confront it now?
There is a reason. We have experienced the horror of September 11. We have seen that those who hate America are willing to crash airplanes into buildings full of innocent people. Our enemies would be no less willing -- in fact they would be eager -- to use a biological, or chemical, or a nuclear weapon.
Knowing these realities, America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof -- the smoking gun -- that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud.

Originally Posted by Oldandtired Baited with Nukes? THERE WAS NEVER A DISCUSSION OF NUKES IN IRAQ.

Yes.. it was known he had the yellowcake (Which was found), the knowledge, etc... but it was NEVER stated that he had a nuke weapon ready to use... nice try

Nor was that Straw Man stated in the post I replied to or my reply.... Feeble try

Nukes.....jeez....sad.

President Bush outlined his case against the regime of Saddam Hussein and called on the Iraqi leader to disarm in a speech to the American people Monday night. Here is a transcript of his speech:

We agree that the Iraqi dictator must not be permitted to threaten America and the world with horrible poisons, and diseases, and gases, and atomic weapons.

The inspectors discovered that Iraq had an advanced nuclear weapons development program, had a design for a workable nuclear weapon, and was pursuing several different methods of enriching uranium for a bomb.
Before being barred from Iraq in 1998, the International Atomic Energy Agency dismantled extensive nuclear weapons-related facilities, including three uranium-enrichment sites.
That same year, information from a high-ranking Iraqi nuclear engineer who had defected, revealed that despite his public promises, Saddam Hussein had ordered his nuclear program to continue. The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program.
Saddam Hussein has held numerous meetings with Iraqi nuclear scientists, a group he calls his "nuclear mujahedeen" -- his nuclear holy warriors.
Satellite photographs reveal that Iraq is rebuilding facilities at sites that have been part of its nuclear program in the past.
Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons.
If the Iraqi regime is able to produce, buy, or steal an amount of highly-enriched uranium a little larger than a single softball, it could have a nuclear weapon in less than a year.
And if we allow that to happen, a terrible line would be crossed. Saddam Hussein would be in a position to blackmail anyone who opposes his aggression. He would be in a position to dominate the Middle East. He would be in a position to threaten America. And Saddam Hussein would be in a position to pass nuclear technology to terrorists.
Some citizens wonder: After 11 years of living with this problem, why do we need to confront it now?
There is a reason. We have experienced the horror of September 11. We have seen that those who hate America are willing to crash airplanes into buildings full of innocent people. Our enemies would be no less willing -- in fact they would be eager -- to use a biological, or chemical, or a nuclear weapon.
Knowing these realities, America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof -- the smoking gun -- that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud.

Talk about feeble.

Extract one minor area of an entire initiative.

They were looking for chemical and biological.

You are a disgrace.

I am done with you.

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

[SIZE=+1]No regrets, many mistakes[/SIZE]
by Gene Lyons
Link
Excerpt:
Bush told Charlie Gibson, "Saddam Hussein was unwilling to let the inspectors go in to determine whether or not the U.N. resolutions were being upheld." Bush has been peddling this brazen falsehood for years. It's even possible he's come to believe it. In reality, Iraq produced a 12,000-page document on Dec. 7, 2002, explaining the destruction of its chemical and biological weapons. Despite some foot-dragging, Saddam then allowed U.N. inspectors to travel at will inside Iraq searching for forbidden weapons. The inspectors remained until March 2003 when Bush ordered them out ahead of his "shock and awe" bombing campaign. The U.N. inspectors' activities were broadcast on TV daily for weeks. The same kinds of easily manipulated patriots doubtless infuriated by this column were then focusing their ire on chief arms inspector Hans Blix. All conveniently forgotten by Bush, his followers and our intrepid press corps, no longer so much covering for a failed president as for themselves.

justify-job1.jpg

I know right, the dems and republicans in congress sold us that bogus bill of goods that bush pushed for. Too bad the Dems didn't stand up against the repubs on that one instead of voting with them or else Iraq could have never happened...but alas the hypocrites voted for the war and war is what we got.

I expected the reps to vote for the war and expected the dems to stick to their "values" and vote against it.....just another in the long line of dissapointments from the dem party for me.

too bad indeed. I'm all for throwing those dems under the bus. You can cry about dems all day long, yo, but it was still your side that was selling phantom wmds just to get bush reelected.

Nukes.....jeez....sad.

as if micheal moore didn't do us all the favor of compiling video evidence.. you people crack me up. for real, buddy.. you probably shouldn't call ANYONE naive this side of 2003.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMStCHtUNeY&feature=related]YouTube - George: Saddam Hussein Has Weapons of Mass Destruction[/ame]

:lol:

Originally Posted by Oldandtired Baited with Nukes? THERE WAS NEVER A DISCUSSION OF NUKES IN IRAQ.

Yes.. it was known he had the yellowcake (Which was found), the knowledge, etc... but it was NEVER stated that he had a nuke weapon ready to use... nice try

Nor was that Straw Man stated in the post I replied to or my reply.... Feeble try

this is how you avoid ACTUAL evidence, eh?

TYPICAL

:rofl:

Posting facts to Jillian too huh ? :lol:

i used a liberal friendly source, she will most likely take it serious since its right there in his own words....or she is playing games....one or the other.

No.No games... and I know he said it. But you know, that wasn't what this thread was about. And, frankly, Bush had almost 8 years to find him. Obama's had what, seven months? For all we know, he died of kidney failure ages ago. What I will tell you is that he's probably lived like a king b/c he's a hero in that part of the world.

I hope Bin Laden isn't his priority given the mess Bush left him to clean up. But, honest? One, I do hope they find him. Two, I'm not sure its in our best interests now TO find him. Three, I think it's time to get out of Afghanistan and Iraq... in a measured manner,and one that doesn't leave a bigger mess than there is now,.... but it's time to stop the bleeding... of money... of human life.

Last edited:

Nukes.....jeez....sad.

Talk about feeble.

Extract one minor area of an entire initiative.

They were looking for chemical and biological.

You are a disgrace.

I am done with you.

run back under the porch, lil doggie. I mean, it's not as if Bush's pronunciation of NUCLEAR wasn't a running fucking punchline! :lol:

You people are laughable.

"some of the most lethal weapons ever devised"

"Saddam must DISARM"

:thup:

"I strongly believe he was trying to reconstitute his nuclear weapons program."
Source: President Bush, Prime Minister Blair Discuss War on Terrorism, White House (7/17/2003).

"We recently found two mobile biological weapons facilities which were capable of producing biological agents."
Source: President Talks to Troops in Qatar, White House (6/5/2003).

"Here's what -- we've discovered a weapons system, biological labs, that Iraq denied she had, and labs that were prohibited under the U.N. resolutions."

President George Bush - Inaccurate and Misleading Statements about Iraq

:cuckoo:

we know he was lying when he said that his lips were moving.

"We recently found two mobile biological weapons facilities which were capable of producing biological agents."
Source: President Talks to Troops in Qatar, White House (6/5/2003).

"Here's what -- we've discovered a weapons system, biological labs, that Iraq denied she had, and labs that were prohibited under the U.N. resolutions."

President George Bush - Inaccurate and Misleading Statements about Iraq

:cuckoo:[/QUOTE]

*yawn*

you bored, hon? or just in a trolling kind of mood?

I don't think bin laden's hiding behind our own chemical stockpiles.

cute---just gonna ignore the fact that Obama claimed to be after bin laden ?
sucks to be wrong doesn't it ? :lol:

You have to get real. Bush and the Republicans gave Bin Laden a 6 year head start. Now you want Obama to get Bin Laden? Now? And he isn't "fast enough"? I bet you weren't complaining to Bush about Bin Laden? Right?

Hey, how come Bush and the Republicans could let go scott free, the greatest mass murderer in American history, but years later, it's the "fault" of the new president?

Man, you guys hate Obama. I think it's because he isn't the "white" color.

Not only did Iraq have NOTHING to do with 9-11 but they were armed back in the 80's by the U.S.

saddam-rumsfeld.jpg

TYPICAL

I don't know what ACTUAL evidence you mean :cuckoo:, but that is how I rebut the moronic "logic" that as long as Bush didn't say Saddam had a nuke "ready to use" then Bush NEVER discussed "nukes in Iraq" and Iraq was never on the list of those "trying to develop nukes."

TYPICAL

I don't know what ACTUAL evidence you mean :cuckoo:, but that is how I rebut the moronic "logic" that as long as Bush didn't say Saddam had a nuke "ready to use" then Bush NEVER discussed "nukes in Iraq" and Iraq was never on the list of those "trying to develop nukes."

You read deeper into what I said that you should have...but I will take the blame. and reword.

Bush did not believe Hussein had nukes developed. He knew he had aspitrations; hje knew he had financial supporters; he knew he had some ingredients. He ALSO knew Hussein was years away from being nuclear capable.

He did not go in there with the nuclear weapons on his mind. He went in there witht he chemiocal and biological weapons in mind.

Good move? Certainly not good timing seeing as we had other issues on hand.....but to claim it was "nuclear weapons" he was looking for in 2003 is wrong. Bush knew he did not have nuclear weapons .

TYPICAL

You read deeper into what I said that you should have...but I will take the blame. and reword.

Bush did not believe Hussein had nukes developed. He knew he had aspitrations; hje knew he had financial supporters; he knew he had some ingredients. He ALSO knew Hussein was years away from being nuclear capable.

He did not go in there with the nuclear weapons on his mind. He went in there witht he chemiocal and biological weapons in mind.

Good move? Certainly not good timing seeing as we had other issues on hand.....but to claim it was "nuclear weapons" he was looking for in 2003 is wrong. Bush knew he did not have nuclear weapons .

so in other words Saddam posed no threat whatsoever to the U.S.

Forum List

Back