Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Tells Girlfriend: Don’t Bring Black People

Not endorsing what the man said, but I can't endorse how someone got him to say it. I also can't ignore this logic:

10154057_790117804354810_5102379650825037876_n.jpg

The two are not comparable. One is a social/political activist whose business typically involves matters of either real or perceived injustice, which can be controversial depending on who is judging him.

As the owner of a major sports franchise, Sterling employs people of all races and is the face of a business that has a diverse fan base.

A fan base that pays the salaries of his team and puts millions of dollars in his pockets.

A racist is a racist.

CaféAuLait;9033966 said:
The two are not comparable. One is a social/political activist whose business typically involves matters of either real or perceived injustice, which can be controversial depending on who is judging him.

As the owner of a major sports franchise, Sterling employs people of all races and is the face of a business that has a diverse fan base.

A fan base that pays the salaries of his team and puts millions of dollars in his pockets.

I disagree here, Jackson and Sharpton are racists, their comments over the years towards Jews are outrageous and ridiculous, and they are embraced by many who condemn racism.

On another note, I just read that Sterling has cancer.

Its either karma or a PR stunt.

Maybe, its strange the timing of the 'leak'.

CaféAuLait;9034028 said:
CaféAuLait;9033966 said:
I disagree here, Jackson and Sharpton are racists, their comments over the years towards Jews are outrageous and ridiculous, and they are embraced by many who condemn racism.

Its either karma or a PR stunt.

Maybe, its strange the timing of the 'leak'.

I felt bad for him for a second there but then I remembered all the peoples lives he affected with his racist business dealings.

I saw this on CNN. As I was passing the channel Don Lemon was saying 'And breaking a story that is is shocking the nation and the world!'. Yes you can't make this shit up. People need to get a life.
That is a prime example of the race-obsessed mentality. In spite of the level of success he's achieved he is still preoccupied with racial matters and an issue as inconsequential as this is "Breaking news!" and shocking to the world.

So Donald Sterling is being financially inconvenienced. He remains a multi-millionaire, so what has been accomplished by all this exaggerated whining and hell-raising? Has this outcome done anything at all to improve race relations in America? As far as I and presumably most other ordinary American Caucasians are concerned it has been much ado over relatively nothing.

This whole issue has been a feeding frenzy for race pimps, publicity hounds, and Donald Sterling's enemies For me it's been an annoying pain-in-the-ass which I hope will go away soon.

I saw the interview with V. Stiviano a bit ago, she states she "loves Sterling" and they were never lovers (I call bull, they were lovers, whatever) but he 'was a father figure to me". She says she was his 'personal assistant'. I recall her saying to him on those tapes "But... you love me".

She also say his racist ways "hurt him" "I think he’s highly more traumatized and hurt by the things that he said himself"

She did just about everything to defend him- but says he should apologize. She said he is not racist, just old.

V. Stiviano Interviewed by Barbara Walters in ABC News Exclusive - ABC News

Not endorsing what the man said, but I can't endorse how someone got him to say it. I also can't ignore this logic:

So it's not about right and wrong? It's about who pays you?

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

CaféAuLait;9033966 said:

I did not state whether Jackson and Sharpton are racist one way or another.

i will agree that there have been insensitive remarks made about Jews attributed to them.

What I stated was that Sterling being an owner of a major sports franchise with a diverse employee base as well as diverse fan base that generates millions of dollars has a greater responsibility, to his employees, the fans of his team and to the NBA brand.

Jackson and Sharpton do not manage or employ anyone at the level that Sterling does.

That aside, I'm sorry that he has cancer, I would not wish that on anyone.

Lastly

So it's not about right and wrong? It's about who pays you?

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

I'm not defending Jackson or Sharpton, what I stated is that they are not comparable to Sterling, as they have no responsibility of the same magnitude, nor do they employee or generate income by being addoiated with a large number of diverse people

What corporation does either Jackson or Sharpton have a significant vested interest in that they can be banned from?

Sterling has a responsibility to the public image of the NBA, which is a multi billion dollar business, so yes, it is my opinion that some of the fallout from this controversy is about dollars and cents. In those circles it is never all about what is right or wrong.

Think about this......it took this incident to bring to light issues about Sterling that have been known about for years. This time he could not fly under the radar, and when it became apparent that there could be negative exposure to the NBA brand, especially with the playoffs in progress they had to take swift action to make a statement.

I didn't watch this --but the recaps sound beyond belief--Barbara Walters' interview with V. Stiviano.

--she is not his mistress--but his personal assistant

--she loves him like a father figure

--doesn't think he is racist--?internalized beliefs of his generation

--and I don't know what else

Why release the tapes? Why?

The whole thing just seems so wrong. Why have such a discussion--why tape it?

Then why wear a visor after you have done all this and have a pointless interview with Barbara Walters? It doesn't matter much to me what she says---maybe her statements will matter in legal proceedings??? Just leave the public at large out of this.

I didn't watch this --but the recaps sound beyond belief--Barbara Walters' interview with V. Stiviano.

Then why wear a visor after you have done all this and have a pointless interview with Barbara Walters? It doesn't matter much to me what she says---maybe her statements will matter in legal proceedings??? Just leave the public at large out of this.
Has it been established as fact that iwas V. Stiviano that released the tapes to the public?

Has it been established as fact that iwas V. Stiviano that released the tapes to the public?

:lol: Do you believe a third party was listening to the conversation and recording it?

Do you believe Sterling was recording it and leaked it to TMZ? THAT would be crazy and if it was him it might be evidense that he is too crazy to own a team by clearly breaking the bylaws of the owners association by going public with his private rascist views.

The only other possibility is that the "personal assistant" that shares "love" with Sterling leaked/sold the recorded conversation for personal gain.

I would like to see where Sterling authorized the recording of his private telephone calls. I would guess that no matter what device or access was used it is still illegal to record another persons voice without express authorization.

eh--she says she didn't. She gave it to a friend for safekeeping and that person released it???

Why make the tapes--and so on. Sick of the whole thing.

I assume she has an attorney--or several. I assume the attorneys provide guidance in responding to questions.

:lol: Do you believe a third party was listening to the conversation and recording it?

Do you believe Sterling was recording it and leaked it to TMZ? THAT would be crazy and if it was him it might be evidense that he is too crazy to own a team by clearly breaking the bylaws of the owners association by going public with his private rascist views.

The only other possibility is that the "personal assistant" that shares "love" with Sterling leaked/sold the recorded conversation for personal gain.

I would like to see where Sterling authorized the recording of his private telephone calls. I would guess that no matter what device or access was used it is still illegal to record another persons voice without express authorization.
Sir, until proven otherwise, I believe what CREDIBLE news sources report.

To my knowledge, the last CREDIBLE report stated that there was a third party present at the time of the recording. Common sense dictates that if it wasn't her, nor him, that released the recording, then it must be the third party.

Again, this is what CREDIBLE news sources have reported.

I appreciate your insinuations though.

Good stuff.
:thup:

eh--she says she didn't. She gave it to a friend for safekeeping and that person released it???

Why make the tapes--and so on. Sick of the whole thing.

I assume she has an attorney--or several. I assume the attorneys provide guidance in responding to questions.
From your response, you don't seem to have all the known facts at hand.

Sterling KNEW and had previously ASKED for the recording to be made. So that's one.

Seems your attorney/s statement insinuates some dishonesty on V. Stiviano's part. Interesting.

Thirdly, like I stated to HUGGY in my previous post above, there WAS a third-party present during the time of the recording. This is according to CREDIBLE news sources.

If you're sick of this whole thing, then don't participate in the discussion, it just makes it linger on. Just some unsolicited advice.

I can't begin to imagine all the possible angles.

Why have such a conversation--why?

I don't have much regard for Donald Trump--but this will never happen to him.

Forum List

Back