Clinton wins Pennsylvania primary

I'm glad jillian supports Clinton. I'm disappointed she'd settle for Obama. America deserves better. Unfortunately, I think McCain's better. At least he believes in our ideals.

If you think Obama is the man to fix those problems, you're wrong. He doesn't even UNDERSTAND most of those problems, much less know how to fix them.
I have heard interviews with several Obama supporters who are experts in economic, foreign and domestic policy. They became his supporters because of his keen intellect, and his ability to understand extremely complex issues.

A campaign of soundbites and 30 second ads cannot convey adequately the depth of his knowledge. But I have listened to him speak at length, and I have no doubt that he understands the problems we face, and has solid, well-considered solutions for them.

UnAmerican? You're supporting a guy who won't even wear our flag. Don't preach to me about what's American.

I think flag pins are stupid... and a maget on the back of your car doesn't mean you support the troops. In fact, I hate ALL false patriotism...you know, like yours... worrying about flag pins (which is a SYMBOL of the things this country offers) and then telling someone they shouldn't vote b/c they disagree with you.

You don't know what American IS....

By the by, who says I'm supporting Obama. I just think you're a jerk.

I have heard interviews with several Obama supporters who are experts in economic, foreign and domestic policy. They became his supporters because of his keen intellect, and his ability to understand extremely complex issues.

A campaign of soundbites and 30 second ads cannot convey adequately the depth of his knowledge. But I have listened to him speak at length, and I have no doubt that he understands the problems we face, and has solid, well-considered solutions for them.

Did you listen to his speech the next day? I'm sure it said the exact opposite of his speech from the day before. He plays to whatever crowd he's performing for.

I think flag pins are stupid... and a maget on the back of your car doesn't mean you support the troops. In fact, I hate ALL false patriotism...you know, like yours... worrying about flag pins (which is a SYMBOL of the things this country offers) and then telling someone they shouldn't vote b/c they disagree with you.

You don't know what American IS....

By the by, who says I'm supporting Obama. I just think you're a jerk.

I'm not WORRIED about flag pins. I just find it insulting he outright refuses to wear one "at times." Or that he refuses to salute our flag. It's a sign of protest. If I came to your church and refused to bow my head during prayer, you'd see it as a sign of disrespect to your religion. It's the same principle.

Who says you're supporting Obama? You do. Very frequently.

You're right, I am a jerk. But at least I can admit I'm a jerk. When do you think Obama will be man enough to admit he's a racist?

I'm not WORRIED about flag pins. I just find it insulting he outright refuses to wear one "at times." Or that he refuses to salute our flag. It's a sign of protest. If I came to your church and refused to bow my head during prayer, you'd see it as a sign of disrespect to your religion. It's the same principle.

Who says you're supporting Obama? You do. Very frequently.

You're right, I am a jerk. But at least I can admit I'm a jerk. When do you think Obama will be man enough to admit he's a racist?

I think if someone stands politely, it doesn't really make a difference. And if you want to know the truth, I leave out the part of the pledge where they say "under G-d"... not because I don't believe, but because I resent the fact that it was inserted during the McCarthy Era as a means of sussing out commies.

Nope... I don't say I'm supporting Obama. I just don't like seeing people treated unfairly. I've also objected to people not giving McCain respect that he earned based on his military service. (which doesn't translate to me thinking he should be president). Also, just because I prefer Hillary, doesn't make either Obama or McCain evil, or stupid or insane. I disagree with McCain. He turned my stomach when he was on Hardball the other night. I don't think this country can take four more years of people who talk about "strict constructionism". That said, McCain beats the piss out of Baby Bush in terms of personal ability.... but I still wouldn't vote for him.

Seems we have a lot in common. We respect people for their accomplishment (McCain, for example).

However, because of affiliations in Obama's past, present, and future, I cannot support him. I do not trust him. Watching Reverend Wright's videos turns my stomach, and knowing that Obama considers him a spiritual guide disgusts me. And yet, people still vote for this man. I just don't get it.

Yeah, Obama didn't lie about Rezko... he acknowledged an error about the amount of money, but do you think that's the same as flipping on every possible issue.

Me? I figure it's more important to know if one is pro-choice or anti-choice and not flip when he's sucking up to the radical religious right.

Err...did you not click the link? There's several other videos on the first page that are instances of his flip-flopping on other issues, like Iraq, immigration, etc. I didn't even look at the second page, I'm sure it's more of the same, something Obama tries to not be. :lol:

Seems we have a lot in common. We respect people for their accomplishment (McCain, for example).

However, because of affiliations in Obama's past, present, and future, I cannot support him. I do not trust him. Watching Reverend Wright's videos turns my stomach, and knowing that Obama considers him a spiritual guide disgusts me. And yet, people still vote for this man. I just don't get it.

There ya go.... see, agreement even in disagreement. I think people should always be recognized for their accomplishments. Again, doesn't mean we vote for them.

I don't like some of Obama's associations. But as I've said repeatedly, McCain has Hagee and the other nutter... I wouldn't care about that except McCain has said he'll pay them back for their endorsement/support with a VP who is anti-choice. I've said that when I see Obama bringing Rev Wright's beliefs into the realm of legislation which is going to be imposed on me, I'll object to that as well. Ultimately, we choose the people we can live with. I like Hillary. I know what we get with her. I think she'll make a very good president. She's one of the toughest women I've ever seen in my life. I would like her to win. I don't know if the superdelegates are going to allow it. That leaves me with two choices, Obama (who at least sees the Constitution the way I do and who I think is briliant) and McCain (who will appoint more judges who are perverting our supreme court and destroying it for generations, doesn't know anything about economic policy and can't tell the difference between sunni and shi'a). To me, that's really not a very difficult choice.

Talk to me again before election day, though. You never know what happens.

Obama never heard the offensive Wright statements.

You are looking at 30 seconds in a clip; if they had anything else, I'm sure it would be on youtube. And that does not represent almost 30 years that Wright has served in the church, after he left the Marines.

You don't understand why a politician would attend the largest church in his town?

Err...did you not click the link? There's several other videos on the first page that are instances of his flip-flopping on other issues, like Iraq, immigration, etc. I didn't even look at the second page, I'm sure it's more of the same, something Obama tries to not be. :lol:

We all have our issues... has Obama flip-flopped on reproductive choice?

Iraq? How did he flip flop? By saying that had he been told the same things as Congress was told he *might* have felt differently?

Puleeze...

Anyway, I'm off to sleep. Have a good night. ;)

Yeah, Obama didn't lie about Rezko... he acknowledged an error about the amount of money, but do you think that's the same as flipping on every possible issue.

Me? I figure it's more important to know if one is pro-choice or anti-choice and not flip when he's sucking up to the radical religious right.

Umm...look at the Obama and Rezko thread...he clearly was not honest.

Umm...look at the Obama and Rezko thread...he clearly was not honest.

Look at my thread about McCain and his developer crony. McCain helped him buy government land worth millions for $25,000,000. That's just part of the story.

He's up to his old Keating Five tricks again.

Obama never heard the offensive Wright statements.

You are looking at 30 seconds in a clip; if they had anything else, I'm sure it would be on youtube. And that does not represent almost 30 years that Wright has served in the church, after he left the Marines.

You don't understand why a politician would attend the largest church in his town?

Obama just made statements like this...:eusa_wall:

“I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites,” he wrote.

“There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs,” he wrote. “It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.”

“To admit our doubt and confusion to whites, to open up our psyches to general examination by those who had caused so much of the damage in the first place, seemed ludicrous, itself an expression of self-hatred,” he wrote.

The emotion between the races could never be pure,” he laments in “Dreams.” “Even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart.”

After graduating from college, Obama eventually went to Chicago to interview for a job as a community organizer. His racial attitudes came into play as he sized up the man who would become his boss.

“There was something about him that made me wary,” Obama wrote. “A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.”

Such liberals would have little basis for suspicion after reading some of Obama’s conclusions about the white race, which he once described as “that ghostly figure that haunted black dreams.”

“That hate hadn't gone away,” he wrote, blaming “white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives.”

http://www.examiner.com/a-536474~_Trapped_between_two_worlds_.html

Nope doesn't sound anything like Wright....:rofl:

Look at my thread about McCain and his developer crony. McCain helped him buy government land worth millions for $25,000,000. That's just part of the story.

He's up to his old Keating Five tricks again.

Oh the Keating five....lol

Bennett, who was the special investigator during the Keating Five scandal that The Times revisited in the article, said that he fully investigated McCain back then and suggested to the Senate Ethics Committee to not pursue charges against McCain because of "no evidence against him." Bennett was coincidentally on Hannity and Colmes the night the story broke to talk about his autobiography. On the show, he said that he felt the Committee pursued charges against McCain because, without him, the case would have been entirely against Democrats. [6]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five

Forum List

Back