Clinton White House Chief of Staff and Obama Appointee Praises Paul Ryan

Decus

Platinum Member
May 13, 2012
Banana Republic
Erskine Bowles seems to be a credible Democrat. Why does he hold Paul Ryan in such high regard?

Watch this short video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbzpuqWo6yU&feature=player_embedded]Erskine Bowles: Ryan budget is "sensible...honest, serious" - YouTube[/ame]

In 2011 Clip, Former Clinton White House Chief of Staff Erskine Bowles Praises Paul Ryan Budget, Criticized President Obama

“Have any of you all met Paul Ryan?” Bowles asked. “We should get him to come to the university. I’m telling you this guy is amazing.

“I always thought that I was okay with arithmetic, but this guy can run circles around me.
“And he is honest, he is straightforward, he is sincere. And the budget that he came forward with is just like Paul Ryan. It is a sensible, straightforward, serious budget and it cut the budget deficit just like we did, by $4 trillion…

“The President came out with his own plan and the President as you remember, came out with a budget and I don’t think anybody took that budget very seriously. The Senate voted against it 97 to nothing.

“He, therefore, after a lot of pressure from folks like me, he came out with a new budget framework and, in that new budget framework, he cut the budget deficit by $4 trillion over 12 years. And, to be candid, this $4 trillion cut was very heavily back-end loaded. So, if you looked at it on a 10 year basis and compared apples-to-apples, it really was about a two and a half trillion dollar cut.”
In 2011 Clip, Former Clinton White House Chief of Staff Erskine Bowles Praises Paul Ryan Budget, Criticized President Obama - ABC News

High praise from a Clinton Democrat! An honest man!

According to his bio, he was co-chair President Barack Obama's National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform.

Wow Erksine is gonna be taken into a room and beaten to death by the Chicago thuggery....I would run this as a campaign add

I appreciate the comments offered but it seems strange that the more vocal members on the left have yet to voice an opinion.

What is interesting is that he was chosen by Obama to review options and propose ways to reel-in our troublesome debt and deficit spending. His conclusion seems to be that Obama is kicking the can down the road, and that Ryan is trying to do the right thing...and doing it very well.

I appreciate the comments offered but it seems strange that the more vocal members on the left have yet to voice an opinion.

Speaking truth to liberals is like turning on the light in a room full of roaches. They scatter and head for cover.

Clinton was conned? Obama was conned? Seems they are both a little smarter than that. But you are entitled to your opinion of those men.

I have to say that the bold statements I've read on this board from the left, led me to believe you were a more courageous bunch. Your lack of response is somewhat disappointing.

Forum List

Back