Clinton wanted cops in schools after Columbine

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
In 2000 Bill Clinton Wanted Cops in Schools Because of Columbine | Opinion - Conservative

this is such a contradiction for democrats for many reasons. Where should I start.
Media attack LaPierre mercilessly
Obama didn't try and mimic the guy he tries to mimic

fbi says it can be done
so are you lefties going to criticize clinton.

here is a FBI report talking about how its cheaper to keep a cop in a school than keep sending a cop for small issues and taking them off the street for hours at a time.
http://www.thefreelibrary.com

Last edited:
There was an armed guard at Columbine.

Many armed guards at Ft Hood.

There was at least one armed civilian at the Tucson shooting who hid in the Walgreen's store while unarmed people took the gun away from Loughner.

So?

There was at least one armed civilian at the Tucson shooting who hid in the Walgreen's store while unarmed people took the gun away from Loughner.

So?
h
So you're going to dismiss what Clinton said as opposed to calling Lapierre crazy.
Isn't there a Bible term for that.

In 2000 Bill Clinton Wanted Cops in Schools Because of Columbine | Opinion - Conservative

this is such a contradiction for democrats for many reasons. Where should I start.
Media attack LaPierre mercilessly
Obama didn't try and mimic the guy he tries to mimic

fbi says it can be done
so are you lefties going to criticize clinton.

here is a FBI report talking about how its cheaper to keep a cop in a school than keep sending a cop for small issues and taking them off the street for hours at a time.
Free News, Magazines, Newspapers, Journals, Reference Articles and Classic Books - Free Online Library

Right wingers weren't destroying teachers unions, cutting their funding and calling them leeches. It was a different time. Education was for everyone, not just for "snobs".

Funny how the right LOVES Clinton after they tried to destroy him.

So?
h
So you're going to dismiss what Clinton said as opposed to calling Lapierre crazy.
Isn't there a Bible term for that.

I didn't know 'fucking moron' was a biblical term.

Right wingers weren't destroying teachers unions, cutting their funding and calling them leeches. It was a different time. Education was for everyone, not just for "snobs".
It wasn't a "different time", it was only 20 years ago.

The Depression Era and WWII were "different times".

Funny how the right LOVES Clinton after they tried to destroy him.
There's no love for Clinton, just pointing out the Lefts' hypocrisy.

Also, through his actions, Clinton tried to destroy himself.

It was a stupid idea then, and it is a stupid idea now. And at the time Republicans accused Clinton of ignoring media violence, which is just as absurd as blaming guns. But I'm sure you were accusing Republicans at the time of not wanting to protect our children, right?

It was a stupid idea then, and it is a stupid idea now. And at the time Republicans accused Clinton of ignoring media violence, which is just as absurd as blaming guns. But I'm sure you were accusing Republicans at the time of not wanting to protect our children, right?

really, you have a link for that?

The armed guard in columbine, what was his purpose again? Who did he deter?

HeJustPulleditOutofHisAss.com

My guess....

Clinton Pledges Funds to Add Police to Schools - Los Angeles Times

The link was at the beginning of the OP's link, but I wouldn't expect you to research anything before spouting bullshit.

Republican critics?

Republican critics said the federal government is a clumsy middleman in trying to cope with problems that should be addressed locally. They cast doubt on whether the teen conference would accomplish anything, accused Clinton of ignoring media violence and said he should support stiff jail sentences for anyone carrying a firearm in a violent or drug-related crime.

So?

The guard was not at the school but dispached to guard the smokers pit, he had to drive from that to the school and arrived about the same time police did. Do you know how big Fort Hood is, I'll answer for you, 340 square miles. I've never seen an armed guard at a Military base unless it was at the gate where your ID is checked upon entering.

Here is the article from 2000 from the LA Times about Clinton's remarks:

Clinton Pledges Funds to Add Police to Schools

Clinton also unveiled the $60-million fifth round of funding for "COPS in School," a Justice Department program that helps pay the costs of placing police officers in schools to help make them safer for students and teachers. The money will be used to provide 452 officers in schools in more than 220 communities.

"Already, it has placed 2,200 officers in more than 1,000 communities across our nation, where they are heightening school safety as well as coaching sports and acting as mentors and mediators for kids in need," Clinton said.

Forum List

Back