Clinton vs Obama

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
With President Bill Clinton coming out and in effect, declaring the Obama White House to have lied about the Sestak pay for play scandal, it would appear the Clintons are making a bold and aggressive move against the Obama White House.

Here is how Sestak described the incident months earlier:

“Last summer, I received a phone call from President Clinton. During the course of the conversation, he expressed concern over my prospects if I were to enter the Democratic primary for U.S. Senate and the value of having me stay in the House of Representatives because of my military background. He said that White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel had spoken with him about my being on a Presidential Board while remaining in the House of Representatives.

And here was the official White House response regarding the Sestak scandal>

“White House staff did not discuss these options with Congressman Sestak. The White House Chief of Staff enlisted the support of former President Clinton who agreed to raise with Congressman Sestak options of service on a Presidential or other Senior Executive Branch Advisory Board. Congressman Sestak Declined the suggested alternatives, remaining committed to his Senate candidacy.“

And here are Bill Clinton's most recent words on his alleged involvement in attempting to persuade Sestak to get out of the Senate race so the White House candidate (Spectre) would have a clear run at the nomination:

So who then is lying?

Bill Clinton?

The Obama White House?

Democrat Joe Sestak?

All of the above?

Job-Gate Lives! Clinton Denies Asking Sestak To Drop Out (Update: New Video) - Big Government

And here were Clinton's comments:

Captured on camera, Clinton responds, "I wasn't. I didn't try to get him out of the race."

"For Arlen Specter?" the reporter asks.

"I didn't try to get him out of the race," Clinton reiterates.

"You did not?" the reporter asks.

"I did not. In fact, I wasn't even accused of that," Clinton says on the video.

Clinton: I didn't try to get Sestak out of Senate race - Morning Call

And here is the actual video footage from a couple of days ago of Clinton's denial of the Obama White House version:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TguL6b_-_VI]YouTube - Clinton Continues To Deny Trying To Get Sestak Out Of PA Senate Race[/ame]

And from the Hot Air site:

Many questioned whether the initial accusation would amount to a prosecutable offense, but as with so many other peccadilloes, it’s the cover-up that will get people in trouble. If Sestak lied about Clinton’s involvement, then he may find himself in big trouble with the Ethics Committee for knowingly giving false testimony to Oversight, whether under oath or not. If the White House and its counsel lied about Clinton’s involvement, that makes an even bigger problem and perhaps even a small-to-moderate constitutional crisis that could mean a termination for Bauer and some uncomfortable hearings for the White House if Republicans take control after the midterms.

Hot Air Clinton backing away from Sestak story? Update: Video added; Update: New video with Clinton

So in addition to the Democrats Rangel and Waters facing House Ethics violations - we now have President Clinton openly contrasting the Obama White House version of the Sestak pay to play scandal.

Ouch - tough week for the Obama White House and the Democrats...

ABC has picked up the story - and the finger pointing is getting downright complicated!
___

Issa says that Clinton's comments in Scranton constitute a denial and hence a "third" story.
"Admiral Sestak has repeatedly said he was offered a ‘job’ in an effort to obtain his withdrawal from the Senate primary,” Issa said yesterday. “The White House has said ‘efforts were made in June and July’ in said job as well as the admission that they ‘enlisted’ former President Clinton to make the overture. President Clinton says he ‘never tried to get Sestak out of the race.’ Who’s telling the truth?”

A source close to Clinton denies that there is any inconsistency, suggesting that the president’s remarks were a reflection of what he actually did.

The former president didn’t try to get Sestak out of the race, the source says. Rather, he was something of an emissary, delivering a message from the White House exploring whether or not Sestak would be willing to stay in the House -- not that Clinton himself was seeking Sestak to not run.

Clinton Source: No Inconsistency in Comments Denying Trying to Get Sestak out of Senate Race - Political Punch

And the Fox News discussion on said subject...
___

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elr8znL6QSY]YouTube - Clinton Denies Luring Sestak Out of Race[/ame]

New Topics

Forum List

Back