Clinton Tries To Re-Write History-Again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/005226.php

Link to article at site:

2. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    And that is why he will always be just a lawyer and not a leader.

3. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    Riiiiiiiiiight slick. Did you get that line from hitlery? :scratch:

4. sagegirl

sagegirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I tried to like Clinton, but in many ways he leaned more republican than I could tolerate...
    I wonder what happened to that "FBI special agent and the important Al queda source that met with CIA and FBI officiers". Where were they with all their inside information before 9/11????? So much "intelligence" has proven to be wrong coming from these two sources.
    We had pretty factual evidence regarding Osama Bin Laden and his terrorist camps before we got hit, so why did we switch the blame to Hussien and Iraq, pretty clear answers in the Downing Street memo. I think this is why the support for this war with Iraq is dwindling, because the motives were different than what we were told and although we heard nothing but optimistic outcomes (especially from VP Cheney) the war has not gone well.

5. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Who is 'we' and what did we do?

Clearly you aren't suggesting our President used Al-Qaeda and OBL as a reason to attack Iraq. Actually, you ARE suggesting that, and it's plane wrong. Never happened.

And - one more thing...what makes you think the war against terror has not gone well? how do you define 'well' or 'good'?

6. sagegirl

sagegirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    We, all of us, we get the same the same info and come to differnet conclusions.....its those who have gone along with the rhetoric and believe that we are fighting to free the Iraqi's and make the world a safer place.....its those who take that information and sort it out as to source, reliabilty and intent,....its those who look in the rear view mirror and compare whats been said to what we know now....
    Like I say it is all there, some choose to hold our leaders and those responsible to be accountable, others say well who could have known (Condi, Rumsfelt and Cheney are great ones for that) and prefer to keep with a failing course of action.
    The war....no war goes well as far as Im concerned....I used the word because it is in popular use and has a common assertion here. "Well" would be that the different factions mostly religious, I guess, would agree that life is now better for them without Hussien and that to cooperate with the US and its agenda for their well being, is the thing to do. Obviously, there is strong opposition to the US intervention in their affairs and even while they are trying to set up an "independent" government, there is so much civil unrest that violence is a big part of everyday existence. We were told we would be the great liberators, but we are not. Now the war is becoming a political liability and some withdrawls may be affected without satisfying our stated goal, to establish stability, (among others)....so yeah I am not suggesting that our government lied to us about its intentions regarding our reasons for invading Iraq, I think it has undermined a greater threat, global terrorism and nuclear proliferation.

7. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    was mr cliton unclear who was shooting at his boys in mogadishu?