Clinton suspends her campaign.

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008
"Although we weren't able to shatter that highest, hardest glass ceiling this time, thanks to you, it has about 18 million cracks in it and the light is shining through like never before,"

Clinton suspends her historic presidential bid - Boston.com

Although my support of Hillary had very little to do with wanting a woman in the White House and everything to do with wanting the strongest and best qualified candidate to win the nomination, I am moved by her words. :clap2:

Last edited:
"Although we weren't able to shatter that highest, hardest glass ceiling this time, thanks to you, it has about 18 million cracks in it and the light is shining through like never before,"

Clinton suspends her historic presidential bid - Boston.com

Although my support of Hillary had very little to do with wanting a woman in the White House and everything to do with wanting the strongest and best qualified candidate to win the nomination, I am moved by her words. :clap2:

best qualified.....interesting

all three are senators.....mccain has the most experience there

none have done very much of anything else....
obama some legal work in the poor sections of town with a convicted felon
hillary was married to a president...worked in a law office
mccain served in the military and was a pow

how do you get willary is the best out of this....

And history shows that Senators do a terrible job as president. Too used to running things through a committee, not used to making the decisions alone.

And history shows that Senators do a terrible job as president. Too used to running things through a committee, not used to making the decisions alone.

really.....name all the senators that have been president....and prove your claim....

really.....name all the senators that have been president....and prove your claim....

Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon leap to mind, although Tricky Dick was a congressman it's all the same. If you read the books about decision making, they were always asking other for consenus before acting. Compare that to Reagan, Carter and Clinton who were all governors. They made decisions on their own (usually). Not always good ones but decisions.

Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon leap to mind, although Tricky Dick was a congressman it's all the same. If you read the books about decision making, they were always asking other for consenus before acting. Compare that to Reagan, Carter and Clinton who were all governors. They made decisions on their own (usually). Not always good ones but decisions.

2 sitting harding and kennedy....i belive 15 others.....some did quite a lot of good things.....

U.S. Senate: Art & History Home > People > Senators > Senators Who Became President

some did quite a few good things.....nixon.....stopped vietnam and normalized relations with china....

the issue with senators is they have a track record......

Forum List

Back