Clinton says we all win when others prosper.

Pardon me but isn't that trickle down economics?

Here we go again with Bill Clinton double speak. Clinton LOWERED capital gains tax rates during his term as President--and it was Hillary that brought up the point to Barry--that when he did it--it actually brought in more tax revenue than leaving the tax rates high.

I really don't understand Bill Clinton even walking up there to give a speech??? Bill Clinton HATES Barack Obama. He once stated that Obama would have been carrying his bags--he accused the Obama campaign of deliberately playing the RACE CARD on him--and both he and Hillary have called Obama an amateur.

And then Bill Clinton stated this about Romney recently

President Bill Clinton veered sharply off message Thursday, telling CNN that Mitt Romney's business record at Bain Capital was "sterling."

"I don't think that we ought to get into the position where we say 'This is bad work. This is good work,'" Clinton said. "The man who has been governor and had a sterling business career crosses the qualification threshold."

Clinton also went on to say that Romney's time at Bain Capital represented a "good business career."
Bill Clinton: Mitt Romney's business record 'sterling' - POLITICO.com

No. Can't be. When that rich guy wins, we are obviously not helped at all. Democrats say so. It must be true.

No, because he sees it like it really is. When the middle class and lower income workers prosper and do better, then the wealthy do better. Trickle down never trickles down; it just makes the wealthy wealthier at the expense of the middle class and lower income workers.

Just out of curiosity, how many more tax cuts do you think the wealthy will need before they decide to start creating a few more jobs for the rest of Americans?

No, since trickle down has shown to make just the top tier prosper. We all prosper when we help the middle class. The CEO from Costco, who spoke earlier and confirmed that it's the middle class that generates a strong economy.

I guess you must of missed his speech and are checking the right wing blogs to see what you should think.

Last edited:
Granny says, "Dat's a good idea - make dem rich folks pay dey's fair share o' taxes an' stop `em from outsourcin' American jobs so's Uncle Ferd can get his job wringin' farts outta shirt-tails back atta dry cleanery...
:clap2:
Romney Says He'll Make Top 5% Pay 60% of Income Taxes—More Than Under Reagan, Bush I, Clinton or Carter
October 17, 2012 - In Tuesday night’s presidential debate at Hofstra University, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney said he was going to make sure the top 5 percent of earners in the United States pay 60 percent of all federal income taxes.
That is a higher share of total federal income tax revenues than they paid at any time under Ronald Reagan--or George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, or during the last year of Jimmy Carter's presidency. As of 2009, the top 5 percent of earners included anyone who earned an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $154,643 or higher. “Now, how about deductions?” Romney said. “Because I'm going to bring rates down across the board for everybody, but I'm going to limit deductions and exemptions and credits, particularly for people at the high end, because I am not going to have people at the high end pay less than they're paying now. “The top 5 percent of taxpayers will continue to pay 60 percent of the income tax the nation collects,” said Romney. “So that'll stay the same. Middle-income people are going to get a tax break.”

Later Romney said, “You heard what I said about my tax plan. The top 5 percent will continue to pay 60 percent, as they do today. I'm not looking to cut taxes for wealthy people. I am looking to cut taxes for middle-income people.” According to a report published by the non-partisan Tax Foundation, that is a higher share of federal income taxes than the top 5 percent of earners paid at any time from 1980 through 2005. The Tax Foundation study, published in Oct 2011, looked at federal income tax data from 1980 through 2009. In 2009, the last year in the study, the top 5 percent of earners were those who had an adjusted gross income of $154,643 or higher. In 1980, when Jimmy Carter was president, the top 5 percent had an AGI of $43,792 or higher, and 36.84 percent of all federal income taxes.

During the Reagan presidency, the share of federal taxes paid by the top 5 percent hit a peak of 45.62 percent in 1988. That year, a person needed to have an AGI of $72,735 or higher to be in the top 5 percent. During the George H.W. Bush presidency, the share of federal taxes paid by the top 5 percent peaked at 45.88 percent in 1992. That year, a person needed to have an AGI of $85,103 or higher to be in the top 5 percent. During the Bill Clinton presidency, the share of federal taxes paid by the top 5 percent peaked at 56.47% in 2000. That year, a person needed to have an AGI of $128,336 to be in the top 5 percent.

During the presidency of George W. Bush, the share of federal income taxes paid by the top 5 percent first exceeded 60 percent during the period studied by the Tax Foundation. In 2006, the top 5 percent paid 60.14 percent; and, in 2007, they paid 60.61 percent. In 2006, a person needed and AGI of $153,542 to be in the top 5 percent. In 2007, person needed an AGI of $160,041. In 2008 and 2009, the percentage of income taxes paid by the top 5 percent declined, dropping to 58.72 percent and then 58.66 percent.

MORE

Granny says, "Dat's right, let `em expire so's dey gets to know what it's like fer the rest of us...
:clap2:
Poll: Let tax rates for wealthy expire
WASHINGTON, Oct. 25,`12 (UPI) -- A majority of small-business owners say raising taxes on the top 2 percent of taxpayers is the right thing to do, a Small Business Majority poll indicated.
The poll, released Thursday, also indicated nearly six in 10 thought government can play an effective role in helping small businesses thrive. A key argument for keeping a series of tax rate cuts enacted during George W. Bush's presidency is the claim that most small businesses file as individuals and would be impacted by increases in the individual tax rate -- a claim the organization says its polling shows is misguided.

While most respondents, 54 percent, report their business income is passed through to their personal taxes, only 5 percent reported having total income above $250,000, Small Business Majority said. A majority said the most important task for Congress and the president next year was developing a plan to create more jobs, the poll indicated.

Nine in 10 small business owners said they favor eliminating tax breaks given for moving production aboard and support incentives to return manufacturing to the United States. Seventy-two percent off small-business owners said they favor eliminating loopholes that favor large corporations. A majority said it would like to see tax breaks for gas and oil companies removed and support building on tax incentives that encourage clean-energy investment.

Finally, 48 percent of business owners said they were doing alright, 27 said they were doing well or very well, and 24 percent said their business is not doing well. Small Business Majority said 47 percent of the small-business owners identified themselves as Republicans and 35 percent said they were Democrats. Results are based on a telephone poll of 500 small-business owners conducted Sept. 27-Oct.12. The margin of error is 4.4 percentage points.

Read more: Poll: Small businesses favor letting tax rates for wealthy expire - UPI.com

Forum List

Back