Clinton says it's time to start withdrawing troops

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/au-y6LZVLBg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/au-y6LZVLBg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Clinton will not be withdrawing any troops. Neither will Obama.

Neither will McCain, and neither will any other establishment candidate.

I thought her approach professional and honest. It was the cheerleaders that got to me. Graham was a bit much.

I thought it was a good speech as well. How many years have we been hearing just six more months and we'll have this thing wrapped up?

I thought it was a good speech as well. How many years have we been hearing just six more months and we'll have this thing wrapped up?

Who said that?

A lib posing as a conservative? Or a lib "paraphrasing" a conservative?

I wonder what lies Hillary knowingly propogated in THIS speech. Did she trot out any poor diseased women?

No, I'd look for you but I'm sure you can find it on conservapedia. It's one of the common Republican claims.

If by "claims" you mean the "truth", I guess so.

Remember, she's apologizing all over the place for making up stories about landing under fire and fabricating poor woman needs healthcare stories.

I mean, honestly, if it's such a universal problem, you'd think she'd be able to find a REAL story to use, instead of a made up one.

So you're saddled with a woman who either chooses to lie because it's easier, or a woman who's lying about the prevalence of the problem....

But hey, you want to think she's a great, honest and thoughtful leader,you go right ahead.

Remember, she's apologizing all over the place for making up stories about landing under fire and fabricating poor woman needs healthcare stories.

I mean, honestly, if it's such a universal problem, you'd think she'd be able to find a REAL story to use, instead of a made up one.

So you're saddled with a woman who either chooses to lie because it's easier, or a woman who's lying about the prevalence of the problem....

But hey, you want to think she's a great, honest and thoughtful leader,you go right ahead.

You mean like how Reagan cited a Cadillac driving welfare recipient as proof that welfare is a broken system?

Well, the difference being that Reagan was being factual, and Hillary completely made up her "example".

I've actually seen welfare recipients driving Cadillacs. Have you ever met a woman who is dying or broken because she won't accept free medical care?

I work in social services and I never have.

She didn't make up a story about the poor woman and health care. But don't let that stop you.

Er, yes, she did. She stupidly used a real name, and the woman put the lie to her.

You are intentionally obtuse, and stupid as well.

Before you debate politics, you should read the news, maybe? And..the Huffington Post, in case you aren't aware, is a LIBERAL rag...and the New York Times, which wrote the story, is a LIB paper.

They're turning on their darling because they want Obama.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/05/clinton-under-fire-over-f_n_95218.html

"....Over the last five weeks, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York has featured in her campaign stump speeches the story of a health care horror: an uninsured pregnant woman who lost her baby and died herself after being denied care by an Ohio hospital because she could not come up with a $100 fee.

The woman, Trina Bachtel, did die last August, two weeks after her baby boy was stillborn at O'Bleness Memorial Hospital in Athens, Ohio. But hospital administrators said Friday that Ms. Bachtel was under the care of an obstetrics practice affiliated with the hospital, that she was never refused treatment and that she was, in fact, insured.[...]"

A Clinton spokesman, Mo Elleithee, said candidates would frequently retell stories relayed to them, vetting them when possible. "In this case, we did try but were not able to fully vet it," Mr. Elleithee said. "If the hospital claims it did not happen that way, we respect that."

Well, the difference being that Reagan was being factual,

No he wasn't. The people around him stated that. It was his example that he came up with a lot toward the end of his term when asked a question. There was no specific person. When he brought up this example, they took it as a yes to their question.

I have more right wing kool aid I can sell you for a reasonable price, Ali.

Funny, but at least I'm not dumb enough to defend Hillary on this one but you still believe the Reagan crap.

No he wasn't. The people around him stated that. It was his example that he came up with a lot toward the end of his term when asked a question. There was no specific person. When he brought up this example, they took it as a yes to their question.

Funny, but at least I'm not dumb enough to defend Hillary on this one but you still believe the Reagan crap.

At your age, you better watch that back. Moving all those crates leftwing Kool Aid to get to a carton of rightwing Kool-Aid hardly seems worth the effort.

Of course Hillary wants the troops out now. That way, if by some miracle she gets elected, we'll be out of Iraq and she can blame Bush for the entire fiasco, including the loss. Otherwise, she'll have to deal with Iraq (once again, if she gets elected) and her base will fry her when she doesn't take any troops out.

You are intentionally obtuse, and stupid as well.

Before you debate politics, you should read the news, maybe? And..the Huffington Post, in case you aren't aware, is a LIBERAL rag...and the New York Times, which wrote the story, is a LIB paper.

They're turning on their darling because they want Obama.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/05/clinton-under-fire-over-f_n_95218.html

"....Over the last five weeks, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York has featured in her campaign stump speeches the story of a health care horror: an uninsured pregnant woman who lost her baby and died herself after being denied care by an Ohio hospital because she could not come up with a $100 fee.

The woman, Trina Bachtel, did die last August, two weeks after her baby boy was stillborn at O'Bleness Memorial Hospital in Athens, Ohio. But hospital administrators said Friday that Ms. Bachtel was under the care of an obstetrics practice affiliated with the hospital, that she was never refused treatment and that she was, in fact, insured.[...]"

A Clinton spokesman, Mo Elleithee, said candidates would frequently retell stories relayed to them, vetting them when possible. "In this case, we did try but were not able to fully vet it," Mr. Elleithee said. "If the hospital claims it did not happen that way, we respect that."

I see, you find something that fits your world view and never make the attempt to find out the truth of the matter. No big surprise there.

Because it is true.

My sister has an X husband that lives on welfare, he was exempt from paying child support because of it. Of course his Mother is rich, he lived for free in one of her houses, he drove one of her cars, he received money every month from her for cloths and food and what ever he wanted.

The response from Welfare when my sister pointed this all out to them with proof? None of those things were in his name and he was old enough that his Mother could not be held accountable, so he "deserved" welfare because he did not work and otherwise met the criteria.

EDIT... Ohh ya I forgot to mention he had her hire a lawyer to try and get custody of his child as well. As well as an investigator to try and dig up dirt on my sister. For about 2 years while on welfare these people his mother hired harrassed and drug my sister into court 3 times. They lost all 3 times but they kept trying.

Well, the difference being that Reagan was being factual, and Hillary completely made up her "example".

I've actually seen welfare recipients driving Cadillacs. Have you ever met a woman who is dying or broken because she won't accept free medical care?

I work in social services and I never have.

Of course you have. You've seen and experienced everything.

sarcasm off.

You have NOT seen a woman on welfare driving a caddy. Reagan made up this lie a long time ago, and you just reused it as a "personal experience" because you are the resident expert on everything. I guess you didn't expect us to remember that reagan used the exact same lie.

:redface:

Forum List

Back