Clinton Reanimated: Democratic Hope and Change

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
He's more popular than Barak Hussein:

A Wall Street Journal/NBC survey late last month found that of 14 well-known politicians and institutions in the country, Mr. Clinton ranked as the most popular. Of those polled, 55% had a positive view of Mr. Clinton, while 23% had a negative view. By comparison, 47% had a positive view of Mr. Obama while 41% had a negative view.

Democrats Warm Again to Clinton - WSJ.com

I wonder when the shit will hit the fan for ol' Bill I-Never-Had-Sex-With-That-Woman Clinton?

Just the TIP OF THE ICEBERG:

The first major Clinton scandal involved the White House travel office and came to be popularly known as "Travelgate." In May 1993, seven long-time employees in the office were abruptly fired and replaced with friends of the Clintons from Arkansas. The FBI then investigated the fired employees, leading to allegations the investigation was being conducted under pressure from the White House solely to justify the firings.

Next, in July, a personal tragedy for the Clintons occurred as Vince Foster, Deputy White House Counsel, and life-long friend of the President, was found shot dead in a park just outside Washington from an apparent suicide.

Huge controversy erupted five months later when it was revealed that federal investigators had been denied access to Foster's White House office, but that Clinton aides had entered the office within hours of Foster's death. Speculation arose in the media that documents related to the Whitewater Development Corporation might have been removed. A month before his death, Foster had filed three years of delinquent Whitewater corporate tax returns.

The Whitewater controversy would eventually spark a federal investigation of President Clinton and the First Lady, that through a strange and remarkable series of political maneuverings and personal failings, would ultimately lead to the first-ever impeachment of an elected President.

The History Place - Impeachment: Bill Clinton

You guys tried that shit when he was President. It didn't work then.

It's not going to work now. Clinton hasn't had a "resurgence" of popularity, he's always been popular.

He left office with a 66% approval rating.

It's not going to work now. Clinton hasn't had a "resurgence" of popularity, he's always been popular.

They didn't call him slick willy for Nothing.

The man is a master of Politics.

Paula Jones Disagrees

The White House responded aggressively to Jones's charges and attempted to undermine her credibility through repeated denials on behalf of the President along with off-handed remarks from Clinton loyalists deriding her as "trailer park trash," all of which served to infuriate Ms. Jones. ..... Thus, for the first time in U.S. history, a sitting President was subjected to a civil lawsuit for actions that occurred before he became President.

Paula Jones Disagrees

The White House responded aggressively to Jones's charges and attempted to undermine her credibility through repeated denials on behalf of the President along with off-handed remarks from Clinton loyalists deriding her as "trailer park trash," all of which served to infuriate Ms. Jones. ..... Thus, for the first time in U.S. history, a sitting President was subjected to a civil lawsuit for actions that occurred before he became President.

Good for her. She was pissed because she thought Clinton would be her meal ticket, but it didn't work out.

Well, Of course, then there's his Big Lie:

Saturday, January 17, President Clinton, in compliance with the U.S. Supreme Court ruling, arrived at his lawyer's office two blocks from the White House to give a pretrial deposition in the Jones case, with the procedure also videotaped. Sitting across the table from Paula Jones, the President was questioned for six hours by her lawyers and was quite surprised when they asked whether he ever had "sexual relations" with Monica Lewinsky along with other detailed questions. Clinton, somber and hesitant, denied under oath having sexual relations with Lewinsky, according to the definition provided by Jones's lawyers. Clinton also said he could not recall ever being alone with her in the White House. The President's denials would later be used as the basis of an article of impeachment.

Saturday, January 17, President Clinton, in compliance with the U.S. Supreme Court ruling, arrived at his lawyer's office two blocks from the White House to give a pretrial deposition in the Jones case, with the procedure also videotaped. Sitting across the table from Paula Jones, the President was questioned for six hours by her lawyers and was quite surprised when they asked whether he ever had "sexual relations" with Monica Lewinsky along with other detailed questions. Clinton, somber and hesitant, denied under oath having sexual relations with Lewinsky, according to the definition provided by Jones's lawyers. Clinton also said he could not recall ever being alone with her in the White House. The President's denials would later be used as the basis of an article of impeachment.

I repeat... it didn't work then, it's not going to work now.

Clinton's approval ratings went UP while he was being impeached.

Slick Willy can't run for re-election.....Hillary is NEVER going to be President, much less Vice President.

The Clintion's had there shot....and did more to further the PNAC agenda than most people realize.....which is why you had the game changer of Obama in 2008.

Neocons/teabaggers/birthers and all the affiliated bitter losers will just have to deal with the FACTS that people are not too keen on supporting a political party that advocates shipping their jobs overseas or taking their money to cover their Wall St. shennanigans.

Yep, Even I, who was already starting to not like him, after Voting for him, Thought he should never have been asked the question in the first place.

IMO if our president wants to screw an intern with a cigar, let him. It is none of our business.

Slick Willy can't run for re-election.....Hillary is NEVER going to be President, much less Vice President.

The Clintion's had there shot....and did more to further the PNAC agenda than most people realize.....which is why you had the game changer of Obama in 2008.

Neocons/teabaggers/birthers and all the affiliated bitter losers will just have to deal with the FACTS that people are not too keen on supporting a political party that advocates shipping their jobs overseas or taking their money to cover their Wall St. shennanigans.

ROFLMAO the Democrats have done a lot of bailing out of Wall street lately. I guess you just ignored that.

Perhaps Obama should stain an intern's dress, then lie during a pretrial deposition, then deny the facts to a grand jury...THEN

the President appeared on national TV to address the American public and now admitted: "Indeed, I did have a relationship with Ms. Lewinsky that was not appropriate. In fact, it was wrong. It constituted a critical lapse in judgment and a personal failure on my part for which I am solely and completely responsible." The President also acknowledged he had been deceptive: "I know that my public comments and my silence about this matter gave a false impression. I misled people, including even my wife. I deeply regret that."

:lol::lol::lol:

Then try to be the best hope the Dems have in November!!:clap2:

Nothing like bombing Saddam Hussein to boost falling approval ratings:

The House of Representatives had been scheduled to convene on Thursday, December 17, to begin considering the four articles of impeachment. However, on Wednesday, President Clinton ordered a series of military air strikes against Iraq, following the failure of Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein to comply with U.N. weapons inspectors.

New Topics

Forum List

Back