Clinton Probably Finished Off Trump Last Night

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
By Nate Silver

I’m not sure I need to tell you this, but Hillary Clinton is probably going to be the next president. It’s just a question of what “probably” means.

Clinton went into the final presidential debate on Wednesday with a lead ofabout 7 percentage points over Donald Trump. And according to the onlytwo scientific polls we’ve seen, voters thought that Clinton won the debate. Occasionally, the initial reaction to a debate can differ from the way it’s perceived days later. But in this case, the morning headlines, which focused overwhelmingly on Trump’s refusal to say whether he’ll accept the election results, are potentially worse for Trump than the debate itself. In YouGov’spoll of debate watchers, 68 percent of voters said they think the candidates should pledge to accept the results of the election.

There are less than three weeks left in the campaign, and there are no more guaranteed opportunities for Trump or Clinton to command a huge public audience, as they do at the conventions and the debates (although, they’ll get plenty of attention, of course). Millions of people have already voted. Trump has had a significant advertising deficit, and an even more significant deficit in terms of his turnout operation. He’ll probably spend a significant chunk of the remaining news cycles quarreling over his contention that the election is rigged, and with the numerous women who have accused him of sexual assault. He doesn’t have an obvious — or even a not-so-obvious — path to the presidency.

So we’re left to argue about the probability of an unforeseen event, or a significant polling error. It’s perhaps significant that almost no matter what news has occurred, and there’s been a lot of it — terrorist attacks, mass shootings, foreign crises, her email scandal, the Wikileaks dump, her Sept. 11 health scare — Clinton has almost always led Trump in the polls, although there have certainly been times when the election was close. What if her State Department emails are sitting on one of Julian Assange’s servers? That would be interesting, I suppose. But there are also October (or November) surprises that could work against Trump: more accusations from women, more damaging videotapes, further leaking of his tax records.

The other possibility is a massive polling failure. There aren’t really any direct precedents for a candidate coming back from this far down to win an American presidential election, although you can make a few loose analogies. Harry Truman’s comeback over Thomas Dewey in 1948 almostworks as a comparison, but Truman wasn’t coming from as far behind as Trump is, and there was much less polling in 1948. Ronald Reagan had a significant late surge against Jimmy Carter in 1980, but he was ahead beforehand — and the surge came in large part because of a debate that occurred just one week before the election, whose impact was too late to be fully reflected in the polls. If Trump was going to have a Reaganesque surge, in other words, it probably would have started with a commanding performance in last night’s debate — and not another loss.

Rest of article here:
--------------------

Trump has absolutely no chance guys. It's over. Clinton is going to be our next president. Get your meds in order.

• Banned
jhy0xc.png

Yeah, he needed a lot more than he got from the debate last night. Up to 30 minutes in I thought he'd pull off a win and bring this race back to a 2-3 point margin. Then he pulled his rigged election crap. Now the rest of the debate is irrelevant because all that we're talking about is Trump's inability to understand how the traditions of US democracy work.

Let me be clear. Trump absolutely deserves to lose. But Hillary was a pretty crappy candidate. A generic republican should have just ran right over her in the election. She has so many issues you can attack her on. Trump has been an absolute gift to her.

The only chance Trump has to win at this point is for Clinton catastrophically fall apart. And even then I think he only wins if Kelly Ann Conway takes away his phone and tranquilizes him. Trump is determined to be his own worst enemy.

He had to know she was going to bait him, just the way she did in the previous two debates, saying things about him that belittle him, usually with some truth behind them to add sting. She said Trump “choked” when he had the chance to challenge the president of Mexico. “Didn’t even raise it. He choked,” Clinton said. “Then got into a Twitter war because the Mexican president said, ‘We’re not paying for that wall.’”

Trump resisted that dig. But Clinton kept calling him “Donald” instead of his preferred “Mr. Trump.” And she continued to characterize his positions in ways that Trump didn’t like. Eventually, his rude interjections from the earlier debates reasserted themselves.

As Clinton kept reminding people that Donald supported the Iraq War he repeatedly grunted the word “Wrong,” as he had done in the earlier two debates.

He finally lost it when Clinton “My SS payroll contribution will go up, as will Donald’s assuming he can’t figure out how to get out of it.” The tax-dodge blow fell like a depth charge, with the reaction a little slow in coming. Trump’s head tilted, and he started to shake it back and forth. He blinked and then squinted as the angry comeback boiled up from inside while Clinton went on about the trust fund.

“Such a nasty woman,” Trump said, raising a finger with more head-shaking, a smirk and a mouth that opened and closed as he stopped himself from saying more.

But that was probably enough. “Nasty Woman” became an anti-Trump meme to rally around almost instantly. From "Nobody respects women more than me” to “you are a nasty woman." She got him. Like Tom Cruise got Jack Nicholson in a Few Good Men. Trump lost it. LOL

Yeah, he needed a lot more than he got from the debate last night. Up to 30 minutes in I thought he'd pull off a win and bring this race back to a 2-3 point margin. Then he pulled his rigged election crap. Now the rest of the debate is irrelevant because all that we're talking about is Trump's inability to understand how the traditions of US democracy work.

Let me be clear. Trump absolutely deserves to lose. But Hillary was a pretty crappy candidate. A generic republican should have just ran right over her in the election. She has so many issues you can attack her on. Trump has been an absolute gift to her.

The only chance Trump has to win at this point is for Clinton catastrophically fall apart. And even then I think he only wins if Kelly Ann Conway takes away his phone and tranquilizes him. Trump is determined to be his own worst enemy.
Dumb post. Trump did great, won the debate by far but no one is shifting positions because of it. How would that work in your world? Someone was going to vote for Hillary but heard him talk about tightening the borders for the first time?

• Banned
He had to know she was going to bait him, just the way she did in the previous two debates, saying things about him that belittle him, usually with some truth behind them to add sting. She said Trump “choked” when he had the chance to challenge the president of Mexico. “Didn’t even raise it. He choked,” Clinton said. “Then got into a Twitter war because the Mexican president said, ‘We’re not paying for that wall.’”

Trump resisted that dig. But Clinton kept calling him “Donald” instead of his preferred “Mr. Trump.” And she continued to characterize his positions in ways that Trump didn’t like. Eventually, his rude interjections from the earlier debates reasserted themselves.

As Clinton kept reminding people that Donald supported the Iraq War he repeatedly grunted the word “Wrong,” as he had done in the earlier two debates.

He finally lost it when Clinton “My SS payroll contribution will go up, as will Donald’s assuming he can’t figure out how to get out of it.” The tax-dodge blow fell like a depth charge, with the reaction a little slow in coming. Trump’s head tilted, and he started to shake it back and forth. He blinked and then squinted as the angry comeback boiled up from inside while Clinton went on about the trust fund.

“Such a nasty woman,” Trump said, raising a finger with more head-shaking, a smirk and a mouth that opened and closed as he stopped himself from saying more.

But that was probably enough. “Nasty Woman” became an anti-Trump meme to rally around almost instantly. From "Nobody respects women more than me” to “you are a nasty woman." She got him. Like Tom Cruise got Jack Nicholson in a Few Good Men. Trump lost it. LOL

Good post. I totally didn't notice that she was calling him "Donald," lol. That's genius. People can say what they want about her, but she is a highly skilled communicator, and basically toyed with Donald throughout all 3 debates. Like a professional athlete, she makes it look easy.

Hillary is a nasty woman. Nobody needs your dimwitted analysis. She doesn't even understand what Heller v. DC was all about.

• Banned

Dumb post. Trump did great, won the debate by far but no one is shifting positions because of it. How would that work in your world? Someone was going to vote for Hillary but heard him talk about tightening the borders for the first time?

No, he did not win the debate.

debatepolls.png

"Finish off" has a sexual connotation, and I find that too disgusting to contemplate (-:

She decided not to play it safe and just run out the clock, but she went for the kill shot, and I suspect she got it.

Why Clinton went for the kill

Trump had some moments, and despite his lack of lucidity, he did make the points that we should have established no fly zones before Russia got there, the ISIS strategy is about as predictable as cutting toe nails, and Putin played Obama (and W) like cheap fiddles.

But, Trump already has those votes. He needed to try and get educated women. I saw something about "education" not really working with suburban moms, and I'm not sure about that, but maybe so. But even so, safer gun regulations, trying to cut down on mass shootings, respect for all groups, paying for middle class entitlements, and of course replaying her hits on Trump over his references and perhaps treatment of women .... and then he gave her the two gifts of "I don't play be the rules" and "such a nasty woman." seppuku anyone? LOL

Hillary's going all out for 50% and at least 350evs. Even if she can't get the House, if she can get the Senate, we'll be treated to two years of 30 house members preventing any debt deal and immigration reform. She'll get her two or even three Justices, and demographics continue to run against the gop.

See that righties? Not only did Hillary win all 3 debates, she's been the most dominant debater to date.

Read that again.

Who even cares what Hillary says at this point. She is a proven liar.

Hillary is a nasty woman. Nobody needs your dimwitted analysis. She doesn't even understand what Heller v. DC was all about.
We don't let you control the conversation. You don't get to throw out Heller v DC and get us to ask you what that is. No one gives a fuck. If it isn't a decision that helps us beat the GOP in November fuck it. LOL

An FYI to conservatives:

Did you know that you can get your medications at Costco? It's SO cheap there. Seriously, stock up on your anti-psychosis meds there, you'll save a ton!

By Nate Silver

I’m not sure I need to tell you this, but Hillary Clinton is probably going to be the next president. It’s just a question of what “probably” means.

Clinton went into the final presidential debate on Wednesday with a lead ofabout 7 percentage points over Donald Trump. And according to the onlytwo scientific polls we’ve seen, voters thought that Clinton won the debate. Occasionally, the initial reaction to a debate can differ from the way it’s perceived days later. But in this case, the morning headlines, which focused overwhelmingly on Trump’s refusal to say whether he’ll accept the election results, are potentially worse for Trump than the debate itself. In YouGov’spoll of debate watchers, 68 percent of voters said they think the candidates should pledge to accept the results of the election.

There are less than three weeks left in the campaign, and there are no more guaranteed opportunities for Trump or Clinton to command a huge public audience, as they do at the conventions and the debates (although, they’ll get plenty of attention, of course). Millions of people have already voted. Trump has had a significant advertising deficit, and an even more significant deficit in terms of his turnout operation. He’ll probably spend a significant chunk of the remaining news cycles quarreling over his contention that the election is rigged, and with the numerous women who have accused him of sexual assault. He doesn’t have an obvious — or even a not-so-obvious — path to the presidency.

So we’re left to argue about the probability of an unforeseen event, or a significant polling error. It’s perhaps significant that almost no matter what news has occurred, and there’s been a lot of it — terrorist attacks, mass shootings, foreign crises, her email scandal, the Wikileaks dump, her Sept. 11 health scare — Clinton has almost always led Trump in the polls, although there have certainly been times when the election was close. What if her State Department emails are sitting on one of Julian Assange’s servers? That would be interesting, I suppose. But there are also October (or November) surprises that could work against Trump: more accusations from women, more damaging videotapes, further leaking of his tax records.

The other possibility is a massive polling failure. There aren’t really any direct precedents for a candidate coming back from this far down to win an American presidential election, although you can make a few loose analogies. Harry Truman’s comeback over Thomas Dewey in 1948 almostworks as a comparison, but Truman wasn’t coming from as far behind as Trump is, and there was much less polling in 1948. Ronald Reagan had a significant late surge against Jimmy Carter in 1980, but he was ahead beforehand — and the surge came in large part because of a debate that occurred just one week before the election, whose impact was too late to be fully reflected in the polls. If Trump was going to have a Reaganesque surge, in other words, it probably would have started with a commanding performance in last night’s debate — and not another loss.

Rest of article here:
--------------------

Trump has absolutely no chance guys. It's over. Clinton is going to be our next president. Get your meds in order.

Orally?

Trump could have brought the moderate republicans back into the fold and collapsed Hillary's support with the Bernie voters. There were more than a few moments he came close.

Instead he blew it. He's probably going to lose Utah, a state that hasn't failed to deliver for the GOP in years. Arizona is in play. Georgia and Texas are within polling errors. This is a god damned disaster for the GOP. And the fact that what few valid points he landed before he lost his temper are drowned out by his insane election conspiracies don't help.

He lost (decisively) in the only scientific polls conducted on the debate. At one point he was even losing on the Breitbart clicker poll.

I don't honestly know how the GOP could be screwing this up but here we are.

By Nate Silver

Rest of article here:
--------------------

after she gave the world our nuke secrets. Trump 90 Clinton 10

Forum List

Back