Clinton: National Debt Holding America Back

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Uuuummm..... Is she positioning herself for a run in the next presidential election?

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in a speech meant to herald the arrival of a "new American moment," warned Wednesday that the national debt could weaken the United States and prevent the country from exerting its influence overseas. She said the trillions left on the national credit card have eroded America's ability to "chart our own destiny."

"Our rising debt levels (pose) a national security threat," she said.

FOXNews.com - Clinton: National Debt Holding America Back

This is a big signal to the Dems who are dissatisfied with Obama that Hillary is the wings and ready to run in 2012.

Uuuummm..... Is she positioning herself for a run in the next presidential election?

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in a speech meant to herald the arrival of a "new American moment," warned Wednesday that the national debt could weaken the United States and prevent the country from exerting its influence overseas. She said the trillions left on the national credit card have eroded America's ability to "chart our own destiny."

Sounds like it to me. I am under the impression she made those statements in a Q&A interview after her speech??

well, it's apparent she and obie wan knownutting don't talk. innit?

She did make the statements in the QA - and they are very different in tone from her WH approved prepared remarks. The fact that she went off message like this is a big bitch slap to Obama.

I commend her for some rare honesty myself.

As to whether or not she will run. I doubt it. She wants to win, and running against your own Parties incumbent president is a good way to become a pariah not to win the WH.

If the party abandons Obama, which is becoming increasingly plausible, then it's wide open for Hillary in 2012.

If the party abandons Obama, which is becoming increasingly plausible, then it's wide open for Hillary in 2012.

They are only running away from him to win the mid terms. they will come back into the fold like dogs as soon as the mid terms are over.

Mark my words.

We'll see. I doubt it will be quite as easy as that.

HILLARY'S REMARKS ON UNITED STATE FOREIGN POLICY
To this end, we are working to ratify a free trade agreement with South Korea, we’re pursuing a regional agreement with the nations of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and we know that that will help create new jobs and opportunities here at home.

We’ve also decided to engage with the East Asia Summit, encouraging its development into a foundational security and political institution. I will be representing the United States at this year’s East Asia Summit in Hanoi, leading up to presidential participation in 2011.

And in Southeast Asia, ASEAN actually encompasses more than 600 million people in its member nations. There is more U.S. business investment in the ASEAN nations than in China. So we have bolstered our relationship by signing the Treaty of Amity and Cooperation, announcing our intention to open a mission and name an ambassador to ASEAN in Jakarta, and a commitment to holding annual U.S.-ASEAN summits.

As to whether or not she will run. I doubt it. She wants to win, and running against your own Parties incumbent president is a good way to become a pariah not to win the WH.

Reagan did it.

Would someone please point out to me where in the article does she say what she would do to reduce the debt?

Please. like she really cares about the debt. I believe that like I believe John McCain wants to fix the borders.

There was a split within the dem party during the primary season of the 08 election.

The established Clinton camp was upended by the Chicago camp of Axelrod, Rahmbo , Obambo and others.

Obama is destroying the democratic party.

So natcherally the Clinton camp wants to restore the dems and may find a use for Hillary as president n 2012.

The Clintons are totally rare among the political elite in DC in always having a keen commitment to reducing our debt. In contrast to the rest of the two party power structure.

We all know that everybody in the USA wishes that Hillary had won the dem nomination. And for good reasons.

Since the odds of a second Obama term look abysmal Hillary may step into his role. Gawd knows she would be hard to beat. If not impossible.

And tho she is a horrible candidate, she may still be far, far better than anything else that either party will elevate to the race.

McCain and Palin were as paltry as Beebus and Butthead.

Please. like she really cares about the debt. I believe that like I believe John McCain wants to fix the borders.

The Clintons are completely unique among politicians of our time in expressing a DEEP concern about our debt in actions, not mere words.

They could have spent 8 years milking the deficits to create a lotta legacy programs and reforms. They didn't.

They spent 8 years downsizing government as fast as they could.

I figure Hillary will resign as Secretary of State in March or April of next year, provided Democrats suffer a blood bath in the 2010 election..

Oddly though, Democrats and the liberal media wont slander her for being a QUITTER..

Okay maybe not oddly but definitely... hypocritically....:lol:

Hillary found both Botox and fiscal Conservatism, she will challenge Obama in 2012

Forum List

Back