Nov 22, 2003
http://www.thecrimson.com/today/article502947.html

Published on Friday, June 25, 2004
Clinton's 'Life' Tinted Crimson
Former president’s autobiography attacks gov prof, praises Summers

By TIMOTHY J. MCGINN
Crimson Staff Writer

CRIMSON/ SARAH M.J. WELCH
Brian Ray, studying at Harvard over the summer, browses through former president Bill Clinton’s autobiography at the Harvard Coop. The book lauds University President Lawrence H. Summers and criticizes Dunster House Master Roger B. Porter.

There are places Bill Clinton remembers in My Life—just not too well, according to Kennedy School of Government professor and Dunster House Master Roger B. Porter, who alleges that the former president fabricated a damning conversation between the two of them in his newly published memoir....

According to Clinton’s book, Porter—then Bush’s Economic and Domestic Policy Adviser—said that while other potential Democratic opponents could be undermined through weaknesses grounded in their politics, the Arkansas governor was “different.”

“Here’s how Washington works,” Clinton quotes Porter as saying. “The press has to have somebody and we’re going to give them you...We’ll spend whatever we have to spend to get whoever we have to get to say whatever they have to say to take you out. And we’ll do it early"....

“We never had any conversation as he has described in his book,” Porter said last night. “You don’t remember every conversation in life, but I would certainly remember a conversation like that.”........

Clinton’s allegations initially surfaced during his first term in office, when Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward learned of the account.

According to the White House Bulletin on June 23, 2004, provided by Porter to The Crimson, Woodward stated that he did not think Clinton’s assertion that it was Porter who made the threat was credible enough to be included in his 1994 book The Agenda, which he was then working on.

“[It] sounds like someone from the Sopranos,” Woodward told the Bulletin. “It’s an apocryphal story.”.........

While the democrats are out buying Clintons book for a souvenir or to ensure high sales for thier hero, I have yet to hear anyone say it's any good to read. Parallel lives? How about multiple lies!

Originally posted by dilloduck
While the democrats are out buying Clintons book for a souvenir or to ensure high sales for thier hero, I have yet to hear anyone say it's any good to read. Parallel lives? How about multiple lies!

Now with that title, I might have bought it. NOT!:D

Most of whom have bought his book, are the women who everytime they saw him got wet. Like that haggled old blonde lib broad with a voice like a lumber jack that does periodic commentary on FOX NEWS. She was going on about how she thought she had gotten over slick willie, until she saw and heard him on his interview. She said she was right back to being totally encompased and blown away by his good looks and charm.

I had to run to the bathroom at that time to PUKE!

Forum List

Back