Clinton Kept Us Safe

I posted that because someone asked for proof he said it.

Clinton kept us safer because fewer died during his whole Presidency.

Bush has failed at everything.

don't forget about his sanctions on Iraq. half a million people died.

safeR we can at least have a discussion about. SAFE? No.

I think "safe" is a relative term in this instance. What does one mean by "safe?" If you mean that the nation has lost no lives and not gone to war then I would say no President has ever kept us "safe."

I think that what Bush means when he says he's kept us safe is that there hasn't been another attack on the continental United States since 9/11. Whether you attribute that point to his policies or not is another story, but I believe that is what he means.

In reality it's not the presidents who keep us 'safe' but the police and to a lesser extent the military (they have to be told first while the cops are already there). The issue isn't if they kept us safe (or even safer) but if they responded better when a crisis occurred ... Bush Jr. did not, Clinton just wasn't tested. Bush Sr. did a great job though when faced with an immediate threat, especially compared to Jr.. Jr. got scared, which is the goal of terrorists, and then tried to force everyone to change their way of life and sacrifice simple freedoms just to feel safer (another and more important goal of terrorists). But no, Clinton was just lucky is all and was not tested.

So Clinton gets the blame for the 1993 bombing and Bush doesnt get the blame for 911?

no.....not what i am saying,there are others who feel who ever is in charge at the time has to take the blame....i only feel that way IF whoever is in charge knew something was going on and either ignored it or hesitated to act.....since the CIA and the FBI and the local police were all on different pages and apparently did not keep each other informed about things going on,maybe the finger should point at them.....you cant stop everything....

sorry Kitty that is not what we are talking about.....

Well ... it's an attack on American Soil, just not the blow up buildings style of attack, you asked for another attack since and I gave you two.

The real issue is that a lack of attacks proves nothing. It's how they act when an attack occurs that really determines how good they are in a situation, lack of evidence is not evidence.

I think "safe" is a relative term in this instance. What does one mean by "safe?" If you mean that the nation has lost no lives and not gone to war then I would say no President has ever kept us "safe."

I think that what Bush means when he says he's kept us safe is that there hasn't been another attack on the continental United States since 9/11. Whether you attribute that point to his policies or not is another story, but I believe that is what he means.

i agree....there is not much anyone can do for embassies in some of these countries,like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.....most of them are no doubt high risk targets anyway,i would not want to work there....

Well ... it's an attack on American Soil, just not the blow up buildings style of attack, you asked for another attack since and I gave you two.

The real issue is that a lack of attacks proves nothing. It's how they act when an attack occurs that really determines how good they are in a situation, lack of evidence is not evidence.

Kitty we are talking TERRORIST attack,not a financial crumble,somebody coming in and blowing something up resulting in death and mayhem.....keep up.....BUT i do agree with your statement....

" It's how they act when an attack occurs that really determines how good they are in a situation".....here i feel Clinton was week,while Bush was doing alright UNTIL Iraq,then he lost his focus.....

Kitty we are talking TERRORIST attack,not a financial crumble,somebody coming in and blowing something up resulting in death and mayhem.....keep up.....BUT i do agree with your statement....

" It's how they act when an attack occurs that really determines how good they are in a situation".....here i feel Clinton was week,while Bush was doing alright UNTIL Iraq,then he lost his focus.....

Actually ... that is what a terrorist attack is for, destroying the way of life. Death to them is just a means to an end. Most fail to see the connection because all they know is how they think, not realizing that terrorists (or anyone else for that matter) may think differently. They got what they wanted because of Bush being an idiot and instead of making certain our country was actually secure and strong he went all gun-ho and wasted more money on retaliation, resulting in weakening the economy and fracturing the countries political groups even more, which is what they wanted. The deaths were just a means to an end and they got what they really wanted, our country is crumbling and that is not keeping us safe at all.

Gees, if we go by that standard, Bush really was a miserable failure. All those attacks pale SIGNIFICANTLY to all those during the Bush presidency. Thanks for pointing that out

Clinton really was a much better national security president than Bush

No he really wasn't. He decreased our manpower and budget while increasing our optempo, and ignored Saddam Hussein and left him for Bush to deal with while involving us in a European war of choice.

Try again.

Forum List

Back