Clinton Hispanic Advantage Smaller Among U.S.-Born Hispanics

You are attempting to extrapolate from a single frame of reference.

For your theory to hold even a drop of water, you will have to show there is a smaller percentage of registered Hispanic voters than there were in 2012, 2008, and 2004.

Otherwise, Trump will need to achieve somewhere north of 31 percent of the Hispanic vote to win.
I'm just repeating what the Gallup survey found. 31% of the Hispanic votes actually cast or even more is certainly possible since only 28% of the group that strongly supports Hillary are registered to vote.
Again, you are attempting to extrapolate from a single data point, and making erroneous assumptions.
I'm just reporting what Gallup said without making any assumptions.
yeah, you have been making assumptions based on a data point and single source.
I made no assumptions. I just reported what Gallup said. You simply don't like the outcome of the Gallup poll or the conclusions Gallup reached based on this poll.

Relax,you're not under attack by a vast right wing conspiracy.
You made the assumption that Trump might get a higher vote. Tell the truth.

You are attempting to extrapolate from a single frame of reference.

For your theory to hold even a drop of water, you will have to show there is a smaller percentage of registered Hispanic voters than there were in 2012, 2008, and 2004.

Otherwise, Trump will need to achieve somewhere north of 31 percent of the Hispanic vote to win.
I'm just repeating what the Gallup survey found. 31% of the Hispanic votes actually cast or even more is certainly possible since only 28% of the group that strongly supports Hillary are registered to vote.
Again, you are attempting to extrapolate from a single data point, and making erroneous assumptions.
I made no assumptions. I just reported what Gallup said. You simply don't like the outcome of the Gallup poll or the conclusions Gallup reached based on this poll.

Gallup reached no conclusions about the election outcome, you did.

I have already explained what additional data you need to provide before your assumptions can hold a drop of water. It can't be helped this totally stumped you.

toomuchtime, I will give you a big hint: Hispanics had a low voter registration rate in 2012, too.

Now maybe you can feel your erroneous conclusion crumbling...or maybe you just aren't bright enough.

2012:
Overall, Hispanics made up 17.2% of the nation’s population in 2012, 10.8% of eligible voters, but just 8.4% of all voters.

Now go back and look at post #4 and ponder the significance of what I am telling you.

Trump is going to have to win north of 31 percent of the Hispanic vote to win this election.

lol I told the truth. You just don't like the truth.

No, you made an assumption based on a piece of evidence out of context with everything else.

You then doubled down, stupidly.

I have this marked for the day after election. I will buy you an enchilada dinner if Trump gets 30% or more of the Hispanic vote.

It's all going to come down to the Hispanic vote.

2004: Bush won 58 percent of the white vote, and 44 percent of the Hispanic vote.

2008: John McCain won 55 percent of the white vote, and 31 percent of the Hispanic vote.

2012: Mitt Romney won 59 percent of the white vote. He won 27 percent of the Hispanic vote.

As you can see, there has been a dramatic downward trend of the Hispanic vote for the GOP, without a commensurate rise in the white vote.

Hispanics made the difference between a Bush win and the McCain and Romney losses.
your reasoning is somewhat flawed, not too surprising.
before Bush the blacks were not a mobilized when it came to voting.
When the negro barry ran, blacks mobilized and voted in strong numbers to elect him, then again for his re-election, the blacks once again came out in large numbers, even the dead ones.
Might not be as much of a hispanic vote thing as it is a black american thing.
As far as the legal citizen hispanics? they are tired of the illegals casting doubt on them, they want the illegals gone too.

Gallup reached no conclusions about the election outcome, you did.

I have already explained what additional data you need to provide before your assumptions can hold a drop of water. It can't be helped this totally stumped you.
Of course Gallup reached a conclusion and it is stated in title, Clinton Hispanic Advantage Smaller Among US Born Hispanics.

And you ran with it, toomuch, without examining the conclusion of the OP for flaws, so we corrected that for you.

marylandpatriot, a known alt right propagandist, is simply blabbing. Nothing new there.

No, you made an assumption based on a piece of evidence out of context with everything else.

I have this marked for the day after election. I will buy you an enchilada dinner if Trump gets 30% or more of the Hispanic vote.
If you could do the arithmetic, you would see he is likely to do even better than that.

If you could do the arithmetic, you would see he is likely to do even better than that.
Not based on your sample when compared to all of the numbers.

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Though U.S. Hispanics overall view Hillary Clinton three times more favorably than they do Donald Trump (65% to 21%), her edge is significantly smaller among U.S.-born Hispanics (43% to 29%). Meanwhile, foreign-born Hispanics are almost seven times more likely to view Clinton (87%) than Trump (13%) favorably.

These data come from Gallup's annual Minority Rights and Relations poll, conducted June 7-July 1.

Notably, U.S.-born Hispanics' views of the candidates are similar to those of the larger population of national adults. Forty-three percent of U.S.-born Hispanics and 44% of national adults view Clinton favorably. Twenty-nine percent of U.S.-born Hispanics view Trump favorably, while his favorability is 34% among national adults.

Therefore, Clinton owes a lot of her overall image advantage among Hispanics to those born outside the U.S.

Clinton is working to transform her higher favorability among Hispanics into solid electoral support. And while Hispanics' Democratic voting history makes it more likely they will vote for Clinton than for Trump, more uncertain is how many Hispanics will turn out to support her.

Fifty-eight percent of Hispanics say they are registered to vote, far less than the 95% of non-Hispanic whites and 87% of non-Hispanic blacks who say the same. But the lower rate of reported Hispanic voter registration is almost entirely attributable to low registration among foreign-born Hispanics. Just 28% of Hispanics born outside the U.S. -- the group that views Clinton so positively -- say they are registered to vote, compared with 87% of those born in the U.S.

This lower voter registration rate could be related partly to citizenship issues, as some foreign-born Hispanics may not be legal U.S. citizens, and therefore are ineligible to vote.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/195146/clinton-hispanic-advantage-smaller-among-born-hispanics.aspxg_source=Election 2016&g_medium=newsfeed&g_campaign=tiles

So according to Gallup, Hillary has only a modest lead over Trump among US born Hispanics and the bulk of her support in the community comes from foreign born Hispanics who are much less likely to vote in November.

Well done. Now on to the African American community and then to the WH.

That's because the democrats pay for all their stuff.....then some realize it's a trap and want out, others still leech

lol

lol
Not too worry, you will get your enchiladas

Forum List

Back