Clinton: Embracing Our Common Humanity

Said1 said:
"Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" was orginally titled "Judy Blue Eyes: Suite" and that's a fact.

I'm glad they changed it; it makes a nice little play on words.

Rumor had it that Stills wrote that song for Judy Collins. Had you ever heard that?

musicman said:
I'm glad they changed it; it makes a nice little play on words.

Rumor had it that Stills wrote that song for Judy Collins. Had you ever heard that?

No I hadn't heard that. Seems fitting though, after Nash's stint with the Hollies, and the song "Carrie-Ann". Wasn't that supposedly about Marie-Ann Faithful?

Said1 said:
No I hadn't heard that. Seems fitting though, after Nash's stint with the Hollies, and the song "Carrie-Ann". Wasn't that supposedly about Marie-Ann Faithful?

I hadn't heard that. My, but those musicians get chummy, don't they? :kiss2:

musicman said:
I hadn't heard that. My, but those musicians get chummy, don't they? :kiss2:

Indeed! She's one hard looking rough sounding broad now though. :D
Maybe she just thinks the song is about her? She's terribly arrogant, the book she wrote is down right sickening!

dilloduck said:
LOL and apparently Carly Simon regretted it !

Weird, isn't it, that after she and JT married and divorced, neither ever enjoyed the same importance or popularity again (not that they didn't go on to do some good things)? It's almost like they sucked the life out of each other....well, FIGURATIVELY, at any rate. :tng:

Said1 said:
Indeed! She's one hard looking rough sounding broad now though. :D
Maybe she just thinks the song is about her? She's terribly arrogant, the book she wrote is down right sickening!

Weird, isn't it? I always liked her music and all, but I'm damned if I can see what she's got to be arrogant about!

musicman said:
Weird, isn't it? I always liked her music and all, but I'm damned if I can see what she's got to be arrogant about!

I guess in beteen being a groupie and a junkie, she read some books, and stuff. :huh:

According to her, if it wasn't for a book she passed on to Mick Jagger, the song "sympathy for the devil" never would have been written. :rolleyes:

Said1 said:
I guess in beteen being a groupie and a junkie, she read some books, and stuff. :huh:

According to her, if it wasn't for a book she passed on to Mick Jagger, the song "sympathy for the devil" never would have been written. :rolleyes:

Well, who knows what tragic fate would have befallen mankind if it had been deprived of THAT tender love ballad.

You're right - she sounds like a complete asshole. What a self-important witch!

musicman said:
Well, who knows what tragic fate would have befallen mankind if it had been deprived of THAT tender love ballad.

You're right - she sounds like a complete asshole. What a self-important witch!

And then some!

If I hadn't heard the "Carrie Ann" story straight from the horse's mouth (no not her) I would have thought it was a figment of her over developed ego. :D

nakedemperor said:
It simply boils down to you believing that 300,000 innocent civilian deaths is worth saving 1 American G.I. I disagree, so that will be that.

Second of all, if my country needed me to pick up a rifle to defend its soil, you're damn right I'd do so, proudly and promptly. Get off your high horse. You called my professors hippes, of which NONE of them are-- two of them are purple hearting bearing vets,so yes, you were generalizing. I am *not* an idealogue; just because someone takes a liberal position onsomething doesnt make them draft-dodgers. You're a lousy board member because of your inability to differentiate between your presumptions and prejudices and what people actually believe. Your conception of my willingness to fight a war is divorced fromreality. Now what are you going to do, recommend to ban me? Your second favorite tactic when you let your temper get the better of you serves you well- if you dont want to hear another POV, silence it. God I hope your kids survive you.

Nakey you will cease and desist on calling or categorizing any member here as lousy. You can call him a warmonger or whatever other talking point you libs are using these days but you WILL NOT CALL, TELL OR INSINUATE THAT ANY OTHER MEMBER HERE IS LOUSY OR THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS ARE LESS. I mean you are a bisexual, the most confused of the sexual perversionists and I feel your opinion on anything is suspect at best but I do not tell you your contributions are "lousy" nor do I isinuate that they are not needed. Ease up, comprende?

Forum List

Back