Clinton Campaign Says She Misspoke, Did Not Land Under Sniper Fire

carnivallll.jpg

You're not voting for her anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Now... about McCain wanting to stay in Iraq for 100 years.....

you guys are so busy getting caught up in minutia that you miss the big picture.

I'm not worried about it, I think it's hilarious! I don't think I mentioned John McCain though. Maybe you're getting caught up in the "big picture" and missing the humor of the minutia.

Namely, Hil conjured up some ridiculous story to build her credibility in the foreign affairs realm - only it came back to bite her in the ass, actually hurting her credibility as someone America can trust. That, my friend, is called irony and I think it's great.

the question is... do we really care what they say? their judgment is so flawed it doesn't matter anyway. ;)

You didn't exactly demonstrate good judgement in reading my post... more irony, I love it!

you guys are so busy getting caught up in minutia that you miss the big picture.

Now look who is spewing the Dem talking points and soundbites.

Newsflash: GWB isn't running for president.

No he already fukked everything up. But if you are going to play the game that liberals let their side lie and you don't let your side lie, then it is valid.

Trying to look tough and got busted.

I'm really not seeing the point here. First off, anyone who thought or thinks the Secret Service is going to let the First Lady disembark a plane while a sniper is active within range of that plane doesn't posess enough knowledge of the topic to express an opinion.

Second, in speaking in general, if I am disembarking an aircraft and told there is sniper activity in the same poximity in which that plane came to a halt and I'm getting off, then I disembarked under the threat of sniper fire.

Play semantics all you like ... my ass won't be moving any slower to cover whether or not that sniper is firing or hasn't fired within the past hour but hasn't been caught.

Anyone that thinks Hillary isn't one tough bitch just hasn't been paying much attention since 92.

and it didn't make a difference to you guys when he was. so all in all, i'm not really interested in hearing y'all talk about hillary's or obama's or anyone else's peccadillos really...

unless, of course, you want to talk about john mccain's flip flopping.

I'd bet you dont even know what flip flopping is

I'm really not seeing the point here. First off, anyone who thought or thinks the Secret Service is going to let the First Lady disembark a plane while a sniper is active within range of that plane doesn't posess enough knowledge of the topic to express an opinion.

Second, in speaking in general, if I am disembarking an aircraft and told there is sniper activity in the same poximity in which that plane came to a halt and I'm getting off, then I disembarked under the threat of sniper fire.

Play semantics all you like ... my ass won't be moving any slower to cover whether or not that sniper is firing or hasn't fired within the past hour but hasn't been caught.

Anyone that thinks Hillary isn't one tough bitch just hasn't been paying much attention since 92.

I am not saying she's not tough. She is the one that felt the need to embellish in order to equate herself with those that have actually seen combat. You are right. If there was a sniper threat then the plane would not have even been on the ground. Watch the CBS news report. Didn't look like a hot insertion to me.

That's a good point, Gunny. I'm actually pretty impressed that she and her daughter had enough of a sense of duty that they'd attend a war started by the Clinton administration. Not something you'd expect to see Bush's family ever doing. The chick has got bigger balls than Obama, no doubt. :cool:

I am not saying she's not tough. She is the one that felt the need to embellish in order to equate herself with those that have actually seen combat. You are right. If there was a sniper threat then the plane would not have even been on the ground. Watch the CBS news report. Didn't look like a hot insertion to me.

Not what I said. I said basically if a sniper was attacking -- meaning actually firing -- when the plane landed, not that there was no sniper threat. Obviously the latter existed or this would be a case of a flat-out lie instead of what you are calling an embellishment.

I also think it's a little far-fetched to assume she was trying to equate herself with those who have engaged in actual combat. I'm not sure ducking and running is what I'd call "engaging."

I find it hard to fault her for embellishing since that's what politicians do ... draw attention to any of their accomplishments and downplay their failures.

I think there's plenty of dirt on Hillary. It's just my opinion that this isn't some of it.

That's a good point, Gunny. I'm actually pretty impressed that she and her daughter had enough of a sense of duty that they'd attend a war started by the Clinton administration. Not something you'd expect to see Bush's family ever doing. The chick has got bigger balls than Obama, no doubt. :cool:

I actually am not. One of my biggest problems with Hillary Clinton and a question I asked more often than not during the 90's was, "Who elected HER President?"

I don't expect to see Bush's family doing it because I don't expect to see the President's family doing it. In all actuality, from a security standpoint, it's needless risk.

Forget getting shot ... what if they had been kidnapped?

If there was a sense of duty, it was to Hillary's political agenda.

I will agree she's got bigger balls than Obama. She's got bigger balls than most men I know. "Balls" need to be tempered with some common sense.

Yep. She screws up once and they all pee their pants in glee.

She screwed up ONCE? Guess you didn't hear about her health care task force fiasco shortly after Bill became president. You should educate yourself about Hillary. There are plenty of good books out there about her, even by authors who would like to make her look good but have a really hard time doing that.

100 years with no casualities you always seem to leave that part off.:eusa_wall:

I think she would eat her young if she thought it would help her get elected.

Apparently it was such a bold faced lie, she admitted she "mis spoke"

there was an 8 year old waiting for her to take pictures with her.

Forum List

Back