Clinton, Boxer Want to Squash Conservative Radio Talk Shows

The MSM does not slant it's stories WAY to the left. That is oversimplifying the issue so you can point a finger.

As I previously stated, the vast majority of journalists are liberal. They do their best to honestly report the facts; however, how they view those facts is from a liberal POV.

Conservative journalists are NO different.

Unless you get a list of nothing but facts/evidence, the writer's opinions/POV will ALWAYS be reflected in their articles, just as none of us can communicate without involving our POV/opinions to some degree. That's just how the process of human communications goes.

NBC Features Woman Blaming Wildfires on Environmental Regulations
Posted by Brad Wilmouth on June 27, 2007 - 01:22.
On Tuesday's NBC Nightly News, while reporting from Lake Tahoe, correspondent George Lewis relayed one homeowner's complaint that environmental regulations had contributed to the danger of wildfires in the area. She further contended that the only reason her home survived was because she had cleared away brush near her home in violation of the law. Lewis: "She blames environmentalists and bureaucrats for creating rules that, in her opinion, increased the fire hazard. Says she had to break the law to clear brush off adjacent federal land."

Below is a complete transcript of the report by George Lewis from the Tuesday June 26 NBC Nightly News:

GEORGE LEWIS: As the fire has jumped those lines, additional evacuations of people who live here are under way. This, as people who live in the previously burned areas were trying to get back home. This morning, after she pleaded, argued and reasoned with the authorities, Sue Abrams was granted permission to return to her home, still standing in one of the burned out areas.

SUE ABRAMS: The fence is gone, most of my landscaping is gone, but we have our home. My neighbor Jason's over there right now. He doesn't have a home. It's gone.

LEWIS: She blames environmentalists and bureaucrats for creating rules that, in her opinion, increased the fire hazard. Says she had to break the law to clear brush off adjacent federal land.

ABRAMS: I took the chance and said, "Okay, come arrest me."

LEWIS: She says that's what saved her house, creating a space around it that wouldn't burn. Fire experts say that people who live in wooded areas like this one are taking a big chance that they won't be wiped out by forest fires, but the new residents keep coming. Since 1982, 8.6 million new homes have been constructed in the West within 30 miles of national forest land.

REX NORMAN, U.S. Forest Service: Here in the Tahoe basin, we have one of the highest percentages of urban development of any national forest area in the United States.

LEWIS: Environmentalist Autumn Bernstein, with the Sierra Nevada Alliance, forced from her home by the fire, says man has turned the Sierra into a tinderbox.

AUTUMN BERNSTEIN, Sierra Nevada Alliance: We're still doing penance for 100 years of bad forest management in the Sierra. We have lots and lots of forests that are just choked full of dead brush and small trees.

LEWIS: A situation further complicated by a population boom here as people gamble that this won't happen to them.

http://newsbusters.org/node/13763

Liberals vs. Free Speech
By Jack Kelly

Are there moderate Muslims? And if there are, why aren't they speaking out against the beheaders and the suicide bombers?

A lot of people ask those questions. Canadian filmmaker Martyn Burke set out to answer them. He made a documentary. "Islam vs. Islamist," which was financed in part by a $675,000 grant from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.

Mr. Burke hired journalists who reported from Denmark, France, Canada and the United States. There are a great many moderate Muslims, they found, but they don't speak out because they are intimidated by threats of coercion, ostracism and physical violence from the Islamists in their communities.

Mr. Burke's findings are important, but this column is about why the Public Broadcasting System chose not to air his documentary.

PBS had two objections, Mr. Burke told Bill Steigerwald of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. The first was that Mr. Burke showed "favoritism" to those Muslims who don't want to blow up their neighbors.

"Basically, the attitude...was that the Muslims we were portraying as the moderates were in some way, in their view, not true Muslims because they were Westernized," Mr. Burke told Mr. Steigerwald. "They felt the Islamists somehow represented a truer strain of Islam."

PBS also objected to Mr. Burke's co-producers, Frank Gaffney, a former assistant secretary of defense, and Alex Alexiev, a former RAND corporation expert on Islamic extremism.

"They demanded that I fire my two partners, because my partners were conservatives," Mr. Burke said.

PBS is the beau ideal of many liberals when it comes to free speech. Their point of view is subsidized by the taxpayers. Other points of view are suppressed.

for the complete article

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/06/liberals_dont_support_free_spe.html

two comments:

1. the link contains only unsubstantiated assertions about the motivations of PBS.

2. it would seem to me that, had PBS actually aired this documentary which showed "favoritism" to those Muslims who don't want to blow up their neighbors, and portrayed them as "moderates", that YOU would have thrown a typical RSR hissy fit about the left wing kook media coddling terrorists.

what are you talking about?

two comments:

1. the link contains only unsubstantiated assertions about the motivations of PBS.

2. it would seem to me that, had PBS actually aired this documentary which showed "favoritism" to those Muslims who don't want to blow up their neighbors, and portrayed them as "moderates", that YOU would have thrown a typical RSR hissy fit about the left wing kook media coddling terrorists.

NBC Features Woman Blaming Wildfires on Environmental Regulations
Posted by Brad Wilmouth on June 27, 2007 - 01:22.
On Tuesday's NBC Nightly News, while reporting from Lake Tahoe, correspondent George Lewis relayed one homeowner's complaint that environmental regulations had contributed to the danger of wildfires in the area. She further contended that the only reason her home survived was because she had cleared away brush near her home in violation of the law. Lewis: "She blames environmentalists and bureaucrats for creating rules that, in her opinion, increased the fire hazard. Says she had to break the law to clear brush off adjacent federal land."

Below is a complete transcript of the report by George Lewis from the Tuesday June 26 NBC Nightly News:

GEORGE LEWIS: As the fire has jumped those lines, additional evacuations of people who live here are under way. This, as people who live in the previously burned areas were trying to get back home. This morning, after she pleaded, argued and reasoned with the authorities, Sue Abrams was granted permission to return to her home, still standing in one of the burned out areas.

SUE ABRAMS: The fence is gone, most of my landscaping is gone, but we have our home. My neighbor Jason's over there right now. He doesn't have a home. It's gone.

LEWIS: She blames environmentalists and bureaucrats for creating rules that, in her opinion, increased the fire hazard. Says she had to break the law to clear brush off adjacent federal land.

ABRAMS: I took the chance and said, "Okay, come arrest me."

LEWIS: She says that's what saved her house, creating a space around it that wouldn't burn. Fire experts say that people who live in wooded areas like this one are taking a big chance that they won't be wiped out by forest fires, but the new residents keep coming. Since 1982, 8.6 million new homes have been constructed in the West within 30 miles of national forest land.

REX NORMAN, U.S. Forest Service: Here in the Tahoe basin, we have one of the highest percentages of urban development of any national forest area in the United States.

LEWIS: Environmentalist Autumn Bernstein, with the Sierra Nevada Alliance, forced from her home by the fire, says man has turned the Sierra into a tinderbox.

AUTUMN BERNSTEIN, Sierra Nevada Alliance: We're still doing penance for 100 years of bad forest management in the Sierra. We have lots and lots of forests that are just choked full of dead brush and small trees.

LEWIS: A situation further complicated by a population boom here as people gamble that this won't happen to them.

http://newsbusters.org/node/13763

I'm a little confused here rsr....

I thought that it was the Environmentalists that WANTS the brush to be cleared in forests to curb forest fires and the Republicans, with their "Healthy Forest Initiative" that want to NOT clear the brush to prevent forest fires but to have the logging industry come in and cut down our biggest and strongest trees in the woods to SUPPOSEDLY protect our forests from spreading fires to homes? ;)

talk about calling black, white, or calling what is down, up!

care

I thought it was the other way around.

I thought that it was the Environmentalists that WANTS the brush to be cleared in forests to curb forest fires and the Republicans, with their "Healthy Forest Initiative" that want to NOT clear the brush to prevent forest fires but to have the logging industry come in and cut down our biggest and strongest trees in the woods to SUPPOSEDLY protect our forests from spreading fires to homes? ;)

care

care

The enviro wackos oppose clearing the dead brush away CARE

Libs blame Bush for everything - it is called Bush Derangement Syndrome

Forum List

Back