Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
This chair is still empty.........

barackx-large.jpg

clintx-large.jpg
48m21iw8ezpfvv1ola8t_reasonably_small.jpeg
https://twitter.com/InvisibleObama

Everything is a joke to the left....unless they become the focus of one.

Seems to me Clint was just doing a skit, but the left, as usual, has gone nuts over something that was simply a joke, kind of like the jokes folks like Bill Maher or Jon Stewart do every day.

Every single liberal of note just had to comment on Clint Eastwood's skit about an invisible Obama sitting in an empty chair.

Olivia Munn didn't find it so funny. She tweeted: "Clint Eastwood was talking to an empty chair at the RNC...No, that's not the set up to a joke. Its not even a joke.

Seth Meyers tweeted: "When Clint woke up this morning he saw that Obama was gone from the chair...Or was he still there!?!?!"

Zachary Quinto tweeted: "is clint eastwood meant to instill confidence in republicans?! i am legitimately scared of his talking to imaginary obama."

Roseanne Barr: "clint eastwood is CRAY."

Piers Morgan: "Still reeling from that #Clint performance - sooooooooo weird."

Blake Shelton: "I. Love. Clint Eastwood."

Zach Braff: "Now all my chairs want to be interviewed too."

Soon after the speech, the chair had its own Twitter account, and "Eastwooding" - talking to an empty chair - became the new thing, with pictures of empty chairs popping up.

Tweeted comedian Hal Sparks: "I was just about to make an #eastwooding joke and one of my kitchen stools told me to Go (expletive) Myself... Touché!"

The president got in on the act, tweeting a photo of himself, with the message: "This seat's taken."

I didn't see it all that degrading but the left found plenty of reason to wail about it.

I'm still waiting for the first accusations of racism.

Hollywood reacts to Clint Eastwood and his chair

Last edited:
I was thinking to myself that a teleprompter would be more fitting, but the empty chair seems to have gotten people talking.

Ether way, the more the left complains the more this is out there being talked about. :badgrin:

teleprompter.jpg

They are all not focusing on what he said, just puzzled about the chair.
They all need to look at the video again and focus on what he said.
The President is a disgrace and we need someone new.
23 million still unemployed.
Politicians are our employees, not the bosses.
We own this country not the Government.

Steve Martin ‏@SteveMartinToGo

Performing with @SteepCanyon Rangers in Hollywood at @Pantages tonight. May or may not talk to invisible banjo.

1:27 PM - 1 Sep 12 · Details

Last edited:
I actually liked the President's response. Of course, I doubt he came up with it. I'm sure someone teleprompted his response for him.

Immie

All Clint proved was that an empty chair could beat Romney

Let's see how many people over the age of 80, the "we love seniors" democrats roll out.

Unless there is some 80 year old feminazi who can still rant about abortion, I am not counting on it.

I love that we have women, minorities (minority women) and the elderly on stage.

But we are so hateful, we only did it to oppress them and take away their rights and social security.

The left is unhinged.

Didn't Rozanne "Titanic" Barr spend some time in an institution ?

You nutters don't seem to know the difference between mocking and complaining.

You are so embarrassed that your candidate lost control of his coming out party that you are desperately searching for some way to use it to your advantage. It is what youalways do when you find yourselves defending bad choices.

When given a choice between an empty chair or Mitt Romney

America will take the chair every time

They are all not focusing on what he said, just puzzled about the chair.
They all need to look at the video again and focus on what he said.
The President is a disgrace and we need someone new.
23 million still unemployed.
Politicians are our employees, not the bosses.
We own this country not the Government.

:clap2:

You nutters don't seem to know the difference between mocking and complaining.

You are so embarrassed that your candidate lost control of his coming out party that you are desperately searching for some way to use it to your advantage. It is what youalways do when you find yourselves defending bad choices.

And that is why your incumbent "boy" is in a dead heat.

When given a choice between an empty chair or Mitt Romney

America will take the chair every time

a good motto today for Obama, stick with the hope that the change ain't a coming
A majority of the people STILL disapprove of Obama
vote him out people

This chair is still empty.........

barackx-large.jpg

clintx-large.jpg
48m21iw8ezpfvv1ola8t_reasonably_small.jpeg
https://twitter.com/InvisibleObama

Everything is a joke to the left....unless they become the focus of one.

Seems to me Clint was just doing a skit, but the left, as usual, has gone nuts over something that was simply a joke, kind of like the jokes folks like Bill Maher or Jon Stewart do every day.

Every single liberal of note just had to comment on Clint Eastwood's skit about an invisible Obama sitting in an empty chair.
Olivia Munn didn't find it so funny. She tweeted: "Clint Eastwood was talking to an empty chair at the RNC...No, that's not the set up to a joke. Its not even a joke.

Seth Meyers tweeted: "When Clint woke up this morning he saw that Obama was gone from the chair...Or was he still there!?!?!"

Zachary Quinto tweeted: "is clint eastwood meant to instill confidence in republicans?! i am legitimately scared of his talking to imaginary obama."

Roseanne Barr: "clint eastwood is CRAY."

Piers Morgan: "Still reeling from that #Clint performance - sooooooooo weird."

Blake Shelton: "I. Love. Clint Eastwood."

Zach Braff: "Now all my chairs want to be interviewed too."

Soon after the speech, the chair had its own Twitter account, and "Eastwooding" - talking to an empty chair - became the new thing, with pictures of empty chairs popping up.

Tweeted comedian Hal Sparks: "I was just about to make an #eastwooding joke and one of my kitchen stools told me to Go (expletive) Myself... Touché!"

The president got in on the act, tweeting a photo of himself, with the message: "This seat's taken."

I didn't see it all that degrading but the left found plenty of reason to wail about it.

I'm still waiting for the first accusations of racism.

Hollywood reacts to Clint Eastwood and his chair

I didn't see it, but I heard it was pretty bad. But I said to myself, "How bad could it be?" After all, this is stagecraft, and this campaign is being run by professionals who supposedly know their business. So, I figured all the criticisms must be exaggerations. Then I watched it on line.

Here's what I was left thinking after watching it:

These are the people who want to govern this country???

For Pete's sake, the RNC and the republicans running Romney's campaign had WEEKS (months, actually) to put together a convention. They didn't have to deal with governing or crises anywhere. They could focus their entire attention behind the scenes with NO distractions. And they put an 82 yo man up on stage without a script to 'wing it'?

The Republicans blew their chance to shine!

Forum List

Back