Clint Eastwood....

The GOP has released a highlight video of the convention that leaves Eastwood out completely.

Apparently at this point the only people left in the country who think the Eastwood debacle was a success are the fringe rightwing nuts who will automatically defend anything they see as anti-Obama,

no matter how cringe-worthy it might be to normal people.

Oh, btw, in a rare moment of lucidity and honesty, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker said he cringed when he watched it.

:lol:

Colbert did a similar skit in response, and it went quite well. Still, it carries better in print. Eastwood's WAS painful to watch, because of the delivery (or the writing, you can never be too wary of truly bad writing), because of the misrepresentations, and because, beyond anything else, seeing him appear on behalf of the executioners really was a huge disappointment.

Again though, it is even more disappointing to see this man, this American cultural icon, this elderly gentleman who probably doesn't have an ounce of ill-will in his whole body, but merely misled and abused good intentions treated like a joke. It's disturbing, and offensive, and it makes me question whether there SHOULD be any hope for the human race.

Anyone ever stop to think that Eastwood might be getting payback for the RNC calling him a liberal when he made the halftime in America commercial?

Anyone ever stop to think that Eastwood might be getting payback for the RNC calling him a liberal when he made the halftime in America commercial?

I have a more devious theory. He's got a new movie coming out where he plays an aging Baseball Scout who is losing it because of his age. And I'm sure it will be a very touching movie. But what a way to create buzz for it than to have an "Old Guy Goes Crazy at the RNC" moment.

Yeah. He's crazy. Crazy like a fox!

I have a more devious theory. He's got a new movie coming out where he plays an aging Baseball Scout who is losing it because of his age. And I'm sure it will be a very touching movie. But what a way to create buzz for it than to have an "Old Guy Goes Crazy at the RNC" moment.

Yeah. He's crazy. Crazy like a fox!

well of course you do, when don't you?:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back