Clint Eastwood was great

Hello outraged nutters,

Rdean appears to be the conductor to your whining, butthurt choir.

The dude is generally off base......and sees things That are not there. But your predictable reaction to his overall silliness says something about you, too.

Carry on.

Using nutter logic they attack rdean because they fear him.

:lol: I sure am getting my laughs in this morning... hopefully you weren't being serious? :eusa_eh:

The left didn't like it.

As near as I can tell, the left really enjoyed it.

Any speech--or rambling dialogue with an empty chair-- that launches a thousand memes is a good speech.

A1mdi6tCIAAuKjP.jpg:large

:lmao: You know, I accurately predicted that last night when I was watching his speech with my husband. You people really need to get a new MO, you're getting far far too predictable these days. You're really going to make fools of yourself if you try to portray him giving a rambling dialouge to an empty chair. It shows that you're desparate or you're just really that stupid that you didn't get it.

It was rambling dialouge with an empty chair.

For seemingly being unscripted.. he was funny, made a couple good points, and I loved when he ad libbed about asking Obamalama questions and saying "He can't do that to himself".... LOL

He was not there to drive home on the issues.. he was there to bring light to the arena... to perk people up... and that is exactly what he did... Kudos to Clint

Last edited:
No difference between what was in the seat on Obama's twitter page and what was next to Eastwood last night.......

Reminds me of this take on the "speech":
Here's why Clint is a huge problem for the GOP: They meant to create a parody of Obama. Instead they created a parody of a Romney voter.

Apparently that's pretty spot on. Kudos!

This is a thread discussing Eastwood's comments last night, can we keep the personal crap to PM's. The rest of us really aren't interested in it. Thanks. :cool:

Because a comment on a post is simply NOT DONE here at USMB, you mean?

:lol:

No, it happens all too often here, people come in with their personal grievances and completely overtake a thread. Guess I'm just cranky this morning, cause it was getting on my nerves. I wanted to read what people thought of Eastwood's speech. Nothing personal. ;)

Not taken personally.

I just thought it was funny given how this place generally runs.

And the sentence structure was poorly constructed, too!

G.T.'s. Not yours.

:D I read his post. It was one sentence (sort of). That bad boy REALLY tailed off.

NOW, back to Eastwood.

I think what he did is likely to improve with age and repeated viewings.

Hello outraged nutters,

Rdean appears to be the conductor to your whining, butthurt choir.

The dude is generally off base......and sees things That are not there. But your predictable reaction to his overall silliness says something about you, too.

Carry on.

Using nutter logic they attack rdean because they fear him.

No... we attack the retard because of his idiotic and baseless bullshit

Any speech--or rambling dialogue with an empty chair-- that launches a thousand memes is a good speech.

:lmao: You know, I accurately predicted that last night when I was watching his speech with my husband. You people really need to get a new MO, you're getting far far too predictable these days. You're really going to make fools of yourself if you try to portray him giving a rambling dialouge to an empty chair. It shows that you're desparate or you're just really that stupid that you didn't get it.

It was only rambling dialogue if you didn't understand what he was saying.

I understood perfectly fine.

He said we're in a mess and need a new leader. If you didn't "get it," then you didn't get it. Big deal.

I wouldn't expect you to see it any other way, sweetie. ;)

No difference between what was in the seat on Obama's twitter page and what was next to Eastwood last night.......

Reminds me of this take on the "speech":
Here's why Clint is a huge problem for the GOP: They meant to create a parody of Obama. Instead they created a parody of a Romney voter.

Apparently that's pretty spot on. Kudos!

omg, sick burn ......

That should be posted in the 4F Hall of Fame....... :thup:

Last edited:
For seemingly being unscripted.. he was funny, made a couple good points, and I loved when he ad libbed about asking Obamalama questions and saying "He can't do that to himself".... LOL

He was not there to drive home on the issues.. he was there to bring light to the arena... to perk people done... and that is exactly what he did... Kudos to Clint

Exactly. The chair was symbolic, the rambling was due to him doing it unscripted (a/k/a no teleprompter).

They get it. They're just being obtuse. Melting down will do that.

That's basically what it was.

I'm a huge fan of Clint Eastwood. And that's not just of the "Dirty Harry" and "Man with no name" Eastwood. I've seen him in "Paint Your Wagon", "Beguiled" and "Play Misty for Me". I think he's an American Treasure. I still do.

But this was basically what it was.

Rambling dialouge with an empty chair.

I'm a huge fan of Clint Eastwood. And that's not just of the "Dirty Harry" and "Man with no name" Eastwood. I've seen him in "Paint Your Wagon", "Beguiled" and "Play Misty for Me". I think he's an American Treasure. I still do.

Seriously, we 'get' that you don't 'get it'... and like I said, I didn't really expect that you would.

Clint Eastwood was hilarious. The empty chair reminded me of Bob Newhart who used an imaginary phone. A lot of people today might not know who Bob Newhart is or how funny he was with his "conversations".

The empty chair is also a gestalt therapy technique for conflict resolution but in this case, it was comedy, not therapy.

He didn't ramble, he made cogent points.

25 million unemployed and failure to turn it around, was his "thesis," and if you missed it then that's on you not on him. It's all in print now, if you needed it transcribed.

Forum List

Back