Clint Eastwood- He's in the "Zone"

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
Rawhide was the first time I'd saw him act. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly was the first movie I saw him act. There was something about Clint Eastwood that separated him from the other actors; he'd braught acting into action movies.

As he approaches the twilight of his career, Clint Eastwood is gaining momentum. I predict that he will get his third straight nomination for best picture and that he will win at least one oscar for "Million Dollar Baby".

Tell me your "Best of Clint".

hylandrdet said:
I predict that he will get his third straight nomination for best picture and that he will win at least one oscar for "Million Dollar Baby". Tell me your "Best of Clint".

I've never seen the movie, but I do have this picture framed and hanging in my kitchen.

33090_015_F038.jpg

"The Outlaw Josie Wales" has to be my all time favorite Eastwood flick.

I still love his old westerns.

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY still stands as my favorite Eastwood classic.

Million dollar baby? Is that that dumbss movie with hillary swank as a female boxer? :sleep:

I think Eastwood is going down hill with age. Last good movie he was in was with John Malkovich about killing the president. And even in that, malkovich carried the movie.

GWBfan said:
Hate his movies!
Love his politics!
Said1...COOL AVATAR!!
What was the one where he sees the pres killing a chick when he's rippin the place off-----I liked that one !!

Said1 said:
I've never seen the movie, but I do have this picture framed and hanging in my kitchen.

33090_015_F038.jpg

"The Outlaw Josie Wales" has to be my all time favorite Eastwood flick.

WHAAAT! You got to see it! It's the spagehetti western's answer to "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon". You'll initially find yourself thinking that you're about to watch some simple "shoot them up" action movie; but in the end, you'll find yourself captivated by a very well put together storyline, worthy of Shakespearian literature.

insein said:
Million dollar baby? Is that that dumbss movie with hillary swank as a female boxer? :sleep:

I think Eastwood is going down hill with age. Last good movie he was in was with John Malkovich about killing the president. And even in that, malkovich carried the movie.

Well, that "dumbass" movie is now one award away from total sweep of all awards concerning the catagory of "best director". You are aware that Clint Eastwood is the director of Million Dollar Baby.

His third nomination for best picture, and best director, in the past five years. That's going downhill?

He's old, and washed up. Time to let the boy retire in peace!

**runs before Pale kicks her ass**

Shattered said:
He's old, and washed up. Time to let the boy retire in peace!

**runs before Pale kicks her ass**

I'm sorry, but I'm still asking everyone here how a man, who is being nominated for the third time, in the last four years for his work, is going "down hill"? are you refering to his acting, his directing or both?

hylandrdet said:
I'm sorry, but I'm still asking everyone here how a man, who is being nominated for the third time, in the last four years for his work, is going "down hill"? are you refering to his acting, his directing or both?

It took you 3 WEEKS to get around to asking that? I didn't say he's "going down hill".. I said he's old & washed up. He doesn't have the ability to effectively pull off the old action flicks like he used to. Anyone that's been around for as long as he has, and had the career he used to have eventually gets nominated for something major.

It took you 3 WEEKS to get around to asking that? I didn't say he's "going down hill".. I said he's old & washed up. He doesn't have the ability to effectively pull off the old action flicks like he used to. Anyone that's been around for as long as he has, and had the career he used to have eventually gets nominated for something major.

But, he's not trying to make the old action flicks he used to anymore. Eastwood is an icon in both westerns as well as urban action films, he has conquered those genres, for him to continue to make them would be beating a dead horse.

Forum List

Back