Clint Eastwood a liberal? Really?

I loved the commercial I made me proud to be an American. It hit a patriotic tone and I loved it. It showed glass half full picture! There were untruthfulness in the ad, such as Detriot making a come back. Nevertheless it was a great commercial that i will get a great deal of pride in watching it 10 years down the line!

Geez, not a big fan of Obama, personally, will probably be voting Third Party because I hate Romney just as much. But I find it hysterical that some on the right are going absolutely batshit nuts that Clint Eastwood is supposedly shilling for Obama.

Clint Eastwood? YOu know, Dirty Harry? Really?

Clint Eastwood Political Quotes : Celebolitics – Celebrity Politics

In January 2005 at National Board of Review awards dinner in New York City, Eastwood stated that “he would kill” the liberal filmmaker Michael Moore if ever Moore showed up at his home with a camera.

“At Waco, was there really an urgency to get those people out of the compound at that particular time? Was the press going to make it look heroic for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms? At Ruby Ridge, there was one guy in a cabin at the top of the mountain. Was it necessary for federal agents to go up there and shoot a 14-year-old in the back and shoot a woman with a child in her arms? What kind of mentality does that?”

When he was asked: “How would you characterize yourself politically?” Eastwood answered, “Libertarian – Everyone leaves everyone else alone.” – LibertarianRock.com

But wait, there's more...

Right Truth: Clint Eastwood speaks on political correctness...

Eastwood , 79, apparently believes that political correctness has rendered modern society humorless, and accuses younger generations of spending too much time trying to avoid being offensive, saying "I don't want to be politically correct." I'm not sure what the context was when Eastwood made his comments, but I'm guessing they had something to do with his latest film "Gran Torino."

No nationality or religion was spared Eastwood's movie Gran Tornio, and that may be part of the reason he was snubbed completely at the Oscars this year. Gran Torino may have been Clint Eastwood's last acting performance, and it was magnificent. It has long been tradition in Hollywood to honor the body of work for a legend like Eastwood -- but Eastwood isn't just any Hollywood actor. Nope, he has been known to vote Republican and to live by Conservative principles. Oh, the horror! And no, he's never been politically correct.

I think that this shows how badly the Republican Party under Romney has lost its way. They see the saving of an American Icon (Chrysler) as a horrible thing, and saving of Union Jobs before paying off investors to be the worst thing ever.

I say we dump Romney and run Clint.

"I know what you're thinking, Achmed. Did he fire six nukes, or only five!"

Seriously that ad was NOT clint eastwood supporting obama, liberals, bailouts, or politics at all on either side. It was simply Clint Eastwood selling Chevy's for a big paycheck $,$$$,$$$

Why do people think this ad was about politics? It was about appealing to your sense of national pride to sell cars

Geez, not a big fan of Obama, personally, will probably be voting Third Party because I hate Romney just as much. But I find it hysterical that some on the right are going absolutely batshit nuts that Clint Eastwood is supposedly shilling for Obama.

Clint Eastwood? YOu know, Dirty Harry? Really?

Clint Eastwood Political Quotes : Celebolitics – Celebrity Politics

In January 2005 at National Board of Review awards dinner in New York City, Eastwood stated that “he would kill” the liberal filmmaker Michael Moore if ever Moore showed up at his home with a camera.

“At Waco, was there really an urgency to get those people out of the compound at that particular time? Was the press going to make it look heroic for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms? At Ruby Ridge, there was one guy in a cabin at the top of the mountain. Was it necessary for federal agents to go up there and shoot a 14-year-old in the back and shoot a woman with a child in her arms? What kind of mentality does that?”

When he was asked: “How would you characterize yourself politically?” Eastwood answered, “Libertarian – Everyone leaves everyone else alone.” – LibertarianRock.com

But wait, there's more...

Right Truth: Clint Eastwood speaks on political correctness...

Eastwood , 79, apparently believes that political correctness has rendered modern society humorless, and accuses younger generations of spending too much time trying to avoid being offensive, saying "I don't want to be politically correct." I'm not sure what the context was when Eastwood made his comments, but I'm guessing they had something to do with his latest film "Gran Torino."

No nationality or religion was spared Eastwood's movie Gran Tornio, and that may be part of the reason he was snubbed completely at the Oscars this year. Gran Torino may have been Clint Eastwood's last acting performance, and it was magnificent. It has long been tradition in Hollywood to honor the body of work for a legend like Eastwood -- but Eastwood isn't just any Hollywood actor. Nope, he has been known to vote Republican and to live by Conservative principles. Oh, the horror! And no, he's never been politically correct.

I think that this shows how badly the Republican Party under Romney has lost its way. They see the saving of an American Icon (Chrysler) as a horrible thing, and saving of Union Jobs before paying off investors to be the worst thing ever.

I say we dump Romney and run Clint.

"I know what you're thinking, Achmed. Did he fire six nukes, or only five!"

Eastwood plays their game to enrich himself.

However, I think he was unaware that he was being used in this ad. He didn't check into what was behind it.

Do I think he was plugging for Obama?

No.

Wait! Provide a link.:eusa_liar:

Seriously that ad was NOT clint eastwood supporting obama, liberals, bailouts, or politics at all on either side. It was simply Clint Eastwood selling Chevy's for a big paycheck $,$$$,$$$

Why do people think this ad was about politics? It was about appealing to your sense of national pride to sell cars

From what I read, Clint gave all the money he made from this commercial to charity, so it probably wasn't even about the money.

He was giving a speech that BOTH parties need to heed a lot more. The strength of America is not her politicians or her financiers, it's average Joes who go out every day and get the job done.

From what I read, Clint gave all the money he made from this commercial to charity, so it probably wasn't even about the money.

He was giving a speech that BOTH parties need to heed a lot more. The strength of America is not her politicians or her financiers, it's average Joes who go out every day and get the job done.

It still didn't seem political at all considering he allegedly donated the money he was paid.

It didn't sound like he was saying "obama rules, bailouts are awesome, here comes the good times just stick it out" It also didn't sound like he was saying "halftime (upcoming presdiential election) is over and its time to get up and get started (kick obama out)"

I can see both spins but both are just that, spin.

Forum List

Back