ClimateGate: You Should be Steamed

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Climategate: You should be steamed

By NEIL FRANK
HOUSTON CHRONICLE

...Climate alarmists would like you to believe the science has been settled and all respectable atmospheric scientists support their position. The believers also would like you to believe the skeptics are involved only because of the support of Big Oil and that they are few in number with minimal qualifications.

But who are the skeptics? A few examples reveal that they are numerous and well-qualified. Several years ago two scientists at the University of Oregon became so concerned about the overemphasis on man-made global warming that they put a statement on their Web site and asked for people's endorsement; 32,000 have signed the petition, including more than 9,000 Ph.Ds. More than 700 scientists have endorsed a 231-page Senate minority report that questions man-made global warming. The Heartland Institute has recently sponsored three international meetings for skeptics. More than 800 scientists heard 80 presentations in March. They endorsed an 881-page document, created by 40 authors with outstanding academic credentials, that challenges the most recent publication by the IPCC. The IPCC panel's report strongly concludes that man is causing global warming through the release of carbon dioxide.

...The revelation of ClimateÂ*gate occurs at a time when the accuracy of the climate models is being seriously questioned. Over the last decade Earth's temperature has not warmed, yet every model (there are many) predicted a significant increase in global temperatures for that time period. If the climate models cannot get it right for the past 10 years, why should we trust them for the next century?

Climategate reveals how predetermined political agendas shaped science rather than the other way around. It is high time to question the true agenda of the scientists now on the hot seat and to bring skeptics back into the public debate.

Neil Frank, who holds a Ph.D. from Florida State University in meteorology, was director of the National Hurricane Center (1974–87) and chief meteorologist at KHOU (Channel 11) until his retirement in 2008.

Full article here:

Climategate: You should be steamed | Viewpoints, Outlook | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

East Angelia is the Enron/Global Crossing/Bernie Madoff of scientific institutions

Biggest fraud in scientific history

Why sure, let's arrest all the members of every Scientific Society in the world, all the member of every National Academy of Sciences in the world, and everyone associated with science in all the universities in the world.

Hell, Screammy, you make ol' dipso Charlie McCarthy look like a piker:lol:

Oh my, Sinatra thinks that the 30,000 signitures on the OISM petition actually represent scientists. Well, what would one expect of him in any case.

climate-wheel1x-large.jpg

Even at MIT, they are Warmers first, and scientists not at all.

When the Republicans win Congress back in 2010, I expect we'll see a lot of the Warmers testifying under oath.

climate-wheel1x-large.jpg

Even at MIT, they are Warmers first, and scientists not at all.

I love this post!!

When the Republicans win Congress back in 2010, I expect we'll see a lot of the Warmers testifying under oath.

So how'd that turn out for you?

No matter. In your cult mind, the failure of each conspiracy theory just proves that an even more sinister conspiracy theory lies behind that failure.

What's with the recent necrothreads here? Can't deniers at least come up with some original fraud?

No matter. In your cult mind, the failure of each conspiracy theory just proves that an even more sinister conspiracy theory lies behind that failure.

What's with the recent necrothreads here? Can't deniers at least come up with some original fraud?

Yeah, not so good. Why knew that many Republicans were part of the scam?

FYI. "Denier" is not found anywhere in science, it IMMEDIATELY identifies you as a drooling Cultist

Forum List

Back