Climategate 2.0

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
As many of you are aware the person or persons responsible for the first dump of emails detailing the shenanigans within the climatology community has done it again. Thousands more emails reinforce the vidence of the lack of ethics and systemic scientific fraud within that community.

I found this email from Dr. Douglas Maraun to be particularly relevent. At what point does the scientific community finally disown these fools?

-How should we deal with flaws inside the climate community? I think,
that “our” reaction on the errors found in Mike Mann’s work were not
especially honest.

As many of you are aware the person or persons responsible for the first dump of emails detailing the shenanigans within the climatology community has done it again. Thousands more emails reinforce the vidence of the lack of ethics and systemic scientific fraud within that community.

I found this email from Dr. Douglas Maraun to be particularly relevent. At what point does the scientific community finally disown these fools?

especially honest.

mann_tree-ring.jpg

"Look closely at the rings and see the AGW"

I'll keep repeating the obvious fact that there's more real scientific research for astrology than there is for AGW

I'm looking forward to seeing the reaction of the warmists as this newest batch of emails gets dissiminated. Will they finally begin to realize that their religion is based on the pronouncements of false prophets?

especially honest.

"Such skepticism is not “anti-science.’’ Everything in science is subject to challenge; innumerable facts about the natural world have been discovered only by poking holes in once-dominant theories. And if that is true generally, how much more so is it true when it comes to something as vast as climate change? Researchers still have no way “to reliably discriminate between manmade warming and natural warming processes,’’ climate scientist Roy Spencer has written. “We cannot put the Earth in a laboratory and carry out experiments on it. There is only one global warming experiment, and we are all participating in it right now.’’

Someday the workings of climate change may be as well understood as plate tectonics or photosynthesis. Until then, different theories will compete, assumptions will be fought over, and scientific findings will be overstated by people with political or social agendas. We’ll know that the science really is settled when the battles have come to an end."

Climate skeptics don?t ?deny science? - Page 2 - Boston.com

That's quite an expose, Oddball. Thanks for adding it to the discussion.

It's too bad we didn't know about all of this backbiting of historical data that brought a result that would fund their stuff.

Because of this falsification, the American Taxpayer pocket has been reached into to the tune of billions of dollars of government loan guarantees for Green industries who grew up around these lies of telling people false information on climate.

As a consequence, the Democrat Congress made big promises to Al Gore about supporting the environment. Teachers parrotted these false facts to American children to make them do something about the environment. Children grow up and become voters, thinking their information is truthful and valid

This information was falsified for one and only one purpose: getting money from foundations to support "scientific" Global Warming, which was quickly morphed into "Global Climate Change," depending on which way mother nature went.

In 2001, angry Democrats who were mad their poll cheating didn't win them the Oval office, took out their animosity on President Bush, and Al Gore went into the Global Warming False Prophecy business in order to get the American people on his side charged up about "Global Warming." A couple of cold winters later, we didn't use that "outdated" term any more, liberal posters chided their fellow conservative, and "PC" became all about calling the failed prophecy "Climate Change" hahahahahahahaha. Now, it wouldn't matter which way the mercury rose and fell, you could throw fear and trembling into people by using the new term that obfuscated the deadly lie and falsification that "Global Warming" was.

If it got to warm, it's because of people. If it got too cold, it's because of people, and something should be done to the stupid rich people (always Republicans) for the good people (always poor Democrats), so the faerie tale just kept on keepin' on.

After painting President Bush first as resembling a Mad Magazine character, motivated Democrats recruited posters on multiple chat websites to take on "Avatars"--and every website had at least 3 or 4 party faithful with monkey avatars to shame President Bush for getting up in the morning, going to work, every word he said, every move he made, they were watching for mistakes and collecting them in huge website reservoirs, with no distinction made between fantasy and truth.

Then, in January of 2007, after 5 years of convincing the American people President Bush was less smart than a monkey and playing up everything he did as bad, the Democrat congress, ticked that the oil industry supported Bush, decided to destroy the oil business.

First, they made a lot of pronouncements and denunciations of President Bush, Vice President Cheney, american oil-related companies, and passed legislation to dismantle incentives for oil exploration (always expensive to do, and not always lucrative since a lot of land has insufficient retrievable oil underneath it) Then the following months, May comes to mind, they removed $16 billion dollars the Republican congress of 2004 had set aside for America's continuing cheap gasoline prices. By 2008, gasoline soared to $4. per gallon, that the Democrats decided to do with their new-found power, and nobody travelled anywhere that summer, which really hurt the tourism industry. Bush made a deal with the Saudis to get cheaper oil, and the Democrats (knowing foreign policy workings) sent their cameramen in to get closeups of the middle eastern prince kissing President Bush, who was now criminalized as a gay by the party that says it supports gays. Yeah, right. First a monkey, now a gay monkey, I wonder how President Bush got through his final years in the Oval Office.

Thanks to the Dems, our gas prices are 250% higher than they were when President Bush took office and instituted business incentives.

The Democrats decided that by destroying the oil business, it would get its revenge.

Revenge? Yep. And in decimating the oil business, the Democrats took out some others with friendly fire. They totally tanked the tourist trade.

Rah, rah, ruh.

It's idiotic to take climate gate and use it to destroy American people, the American economy, American businesses, and American families, who now don't even think about driving somewhere, it's too expensive.

The Democrats aren't interested in what's good for America any more.

They're just using people to cash in pet rock projects that have no merit.

Solyndra, the darling of Obama--half a billion in less than 2 years. They took the money and paid wealthy investors with money Obama hastened to give them from the tax payers.

Who does he think he is? King God?

I don't think so! He's taken trillions of dollars and is giving it away to people HE likes, not people who can compete and bring home tax money to the IRS and jobs to people.

Solyndra CANNED 11,000 people overnight with our 500 million dollars of hard-earned tax money and that same scenario is repeated over and over by the treasury which may as well just name itself the Make-A-Wish-Foundation for Nancy Pelosi's relatives. Her nephew's greenie co. just was awarded over a billion, and they do the same thing Solyndra does--experiments with improbable money-eating endeavors that may not produce a kilowatt of power nor sell competitively in this or another country.

This decimation of America has to be the only way the Democrats can win.

Don't let them keep doing this.

Vote them out, and don't vote them back in ever again.

And the willfully ignorant asses bray out their nonsense once more.

"-How should we deal with flaws inside the climate community? I think,
especially honest."

Not especially honest.

especially honest.

You do realise that the original so called "climategate" was debunked.. by conservatives themselves...

Exclusive: Top Climate Scientist's Exoneration Won't Be The Last Word | Fox News

But the final say will be in the hands of a skeptical inspector general at the National Science Foundation, the primary funder of the research into global warming. According to published documents obtained by FoxNews.com, the IG must determine whether Penn State's investigation was adequate.

Fox News even touted that the investigation by the NSF would be the final nail in the coffin for the evil scientists... but...

Climate-Change Scientist Cleared in Closing of U.S. Data-Altering Inquiry - Bloomberg

Finding no “evidence of research misconduct,” the Arlington, Virginia-based National Science Foundation closed its inquiry into Mann, according to an Aug. 15 report from the inspector general for the U.S. agency. Pennsylvania State University, where Mann is a professor of meteorology, exonerated him in February of suppressing or falsifying data, deleting e- mails and misusing privileged information.

Wups!

And even the Senator Inhofe requested investigation into the case came out as... a utter defeat for those promoting the Climategate myth!

Inspector General

Darn....

but the biggest nail in the coffin of the myth came from an independent Berkeley analysis....

BBC News - Global warming 'confirmed' by independent study

The Berkeley Earth Project has used new methods and some new data, but finds the same warming trend seen by groups such as the UK Met Office and Nasa.

And guess who funded this project?... Among them the climate sceptics... Koch Brothers.

Funding came from a number of sources, including charitable foundations maintained by the Koch brothers, the billionaire US industrialists, who have also donated large sums to organisations lobbying against acceptance of man-made global warming.

So the myth of Climategate has been utterly debunked and releasing more emails only adds to the criminal charges against the people who stole the emails in the first place.

So the myth of Climategate has been utterly debunked and releasing more emails only adds to the criminal charges against the people who stole the emails in the first place.

The willful blindness of zealots is stunning. What do you believe those people were talking about when they write emails to each other like these:

<1939> Thorne/MetO:Observations do not show rising temperatures throughout the tropical troposphere unless you accept one single study and approach and discount a wealth of others. This is just downright dangerous. We need to communicate the uncertainty and be honest. Phil, hopefully we can find time to discuss these further if necessary [...]

<3066> Thorne: I also think the science is being manipulated to put a political spin on it which for all our sakes might not be too clever in the long run.

<2884> Wigley: Mike, The Figure you sent is very deceptive [...] there have been a number of dishonest presentations of model results by individual authors and by IPCC [...]

<0714> Jones: Getting people we know and trust [into IPCC] is vital &#8211; hence my comment about the tornadoes group.

<2495> Humphrey/DEFRA: I can&#8217;t overstate the HUGE amount of political interest in the project as a message that the Government can give on climate change to help them tell their story. They want the story to be a very strong one and don&#8217;t want to be made to look foolish.

<3373> Bradley: I&#8217;m sure you agree&#8211;the Mann/Jones GRL paper was truly pathetic and should never have been published. I don&#8217;t want to be associated with that 2000 year reconstruction&#8221;.

<2009> Briffa: I find myself in the strange position of being very skeptical of the quality of all present reconstructions, yet sounding like a pro greenhouse zealot here!

<3062> Jones: We don&#8217;t really want the bullshit and optimistic stuff that Michael has written [...] We&#8217;ll have to cut out some of his stuff.

<1485> Mann: the important thing is to make sure they&#8217;re loosing the PR battle. That&#8217;s what the site [Real Climate] is about.

<1682> Wils: [2007] What if climate change appears to be just mainly a multidecadal natural fluctuation? They&#8217;ll kill us probably [...]

<2095> Steig:He&#8217;s skeptical that the warming is as great as we show in East Antarctica &#8212; he thinks the &#8220;right&#8221; answer is more like our detrended results in the supplementary text. I cannot argue he is wrong.

Last edited:

It's too bad we didn't know about all of this backbiting of historical data that brought a result that would fund their stuff.
But we did know in the original e-mail and computer code dump...It's just that we don't have an honest media anymore.

Well, I'm glad y0u knew about it. I read a lot of news stories, and I didn't know about it until it was more widely known, maybe a year or two ago? Vice-President Gore had been preaching global warming since the election 2000 didn't go his way. At first, I wondered, how could it be that nothing I had read before blamed mankind, except at the time ozone was claimed to be a problem, and I heard a cantankerous 2-sided argument coming out of the scientific community.

I had heard one lecture in a college class that one volcano (like Mt. St. Helens) put out a phenomenally greater amount of pollution than all of the pollution created by man since the beginning of time, by several hundreds of times or more. That's why I didn't understand Gore's claims that people pollution was causing the earth to go haywire on climate. Either my college professors had bad information back when, or former Vice President Gore did. I didn't know for sure, and all I have to go on is what the top scientists say who proscribed to the foundation money-bonanza deal for falsifying through a planned error of omission, a thousand years of climate change information that shows cyclical hot and cold phases of the earth due to other phenomena that cars putting out CO2 etc.

It's starting to come together as a shill for free money by money-starved politicians in the Democrat Party who choose to frighten the very people they blame for driving cars that put a little smoke into the atmosphere when they are used, and that millions of cars harm the ecosystem.

How big is the lie? Are we really in danger? Are we just being frightened so they can get their hands on big bucks from foundations and all the tax money America collects for national defense from predators bearing drugs riding in a Trojan Horse?

I'm not affirmed at all by the science community over this little omission error that gets them the big bucks with little or no accounting, and the President of the United States name of Barack Obama is spewing anger at Republicans for making this lie widely known, and they're closing those transparency curtains for an iron curtain behind which they make plans to take more of our tax money away from us and keeping it for themselves, so they can live like jet setters while we sit here at home, wondering how we are going to pay $4. in gas to drive across town 5 or 6 times a month to pick up groceries and cross off visiting the National Parks in the summertime, just to keep up with inflation, afraid to tap into our old-age savings, which they want us to will, so they can get as much of it as they can to fund a lifestyle for themselves and the people they pick to give our tax money to for free.

especially honest.

You do realise that the original so called "climategate" was debunked.. by conservatives themselves...

Exclusive: Top Climate Scientist's Exoneration Won't Be The Last Word | Fox News

But the final say will be in the hands of a skeptical inspector general at the National Science Foundation, the primary funder of the research into global warming. According to published documents obtained by FoxNews.com, the IG must determine whether Penn State's investigation was adequate.

Fox News even touted that the investigation by the NSF would be the final nail in the coffin for the evil scientists... but...

Climate-Change Scientist Cleared in Closing of U.S. Data-Altering Inquiry - Bloomberg

Wups!

And even the Senator Inhofe requested investigation into the case came out as... a utter defeat for those promoting the Climategate myth!

Inspector General

Darn....

but the biggest nail in the coffin of the myth came from an independent Berkeley analysis....

The Berkeley Earth Project has used new methods and some new data, but finds the same warming trend seen by groups such as the UK Met Office and Nasa.

And guess who funded this project?... Among them the climate sceptics... Koch Brothers.

Funding came from a number of sources, including charitable foundations maintained by the Koch brothers, the billionaire US industrialists, who have also donated large sums to organisations lobbying against acceptance of man-made global warming.

1. 'You do realize' that this was part of the link you provided:
Penn State's investigation came under severe attack by critics who argued that the university failed to interview any hostile witnesses, failed to examine the methodology that was at the heart of the controversy and was more concerned that the millions of dollars in grant money it gets by having Mann on the faculty could be jeopardized by adverse findings.

"It was set up to be a total whitewash, and the panel made no effort to investigate," said Steven Milloy, publisher of Junk Science, a Web site that casts doubt on global-warming research. "They didn't even interview the recipients of the e-mails. It is ridiculous," he told FoxNews.com.

Read more: Exclusive: Top Climate Scientist's Exoneration Won't Be The Last Word | Fox News

2. Let's go back to the East Anglia revelations...
"I downloaded all of the material earlier today and have begun to review it. The emails are stunning. They are authored by many of the leading figures in the global warming movement: Michael Mann, James Hansen, Phil Jones, Keith Briffa, Stephen Schneider, and others. They are remarkably candid; these individuals talk to each other with the knowledge that they are among friends.

They also suggest that pro-global warming scientists fudge data to get the results they are looking for. Just over a month ago, on September 28, 2009, Tom Wigley wrote to Phil Jones of the Hadley Centre about his efforts to get the right-sized "blip" in temperatures of the 1940s:

Phil, Here are some speculations on correcting SSTs to partly explain the 1940s warming blip. If you look at the attached plot you will see that the land also shows the 1940s blip (as I'm sure you know). So, if we could reduce the ocean blip by, say, 0.15 degC, then this would be significant for the global mean -- but we'd still have to explain the land blip.

I've chosen 0.15 here deliberately. This still leaves an ocean blip, and i think one needs to have some form of ocean blip to explain the land blip (via either some common forcing, or ocean forcing land, or vice versa, or all of these). When you look at other blips, the land blips are 1.5 to 2 times (roughly) the ocean blips -- higher sensitivity plus thermal inertia effects. My 0.15 adjustment leaves things consistent with this, so you can see where I am coming from. Removing ENSO does not affect this.

It would be good to remove at least part of the 1940s blip, but we are still left with "why the blip"."
Global Warming Bombshell | Power Line

Wise up, Pete.
You've been played.

But we did know in the original e-mail and computer code dump...It's just that we don't have an honest media anymore.

Well, I'm glad y0u knew about it. I read a lot of news stories, and I didn't know about it until it was more widely known, maybe a year or two ago? Vice-President Gore had been preaching global warming since the election 2000 didn't go his way. At first, I wondered, how could it be that nothing I had read before blamed mankind, except at the time ozone was claimed to be a problem, and I heard a cantankerous 2-sided argument coming out of the scientific community.

I started the original thread on the topic....The links to the original stories and full listing of the e-mails and Harry Read Me code are in it.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/95445-the-warmergate-scandal-74.html

especially honest.

Wups!

Inspector General

Darn....

It's one group of scientists with their eye on foundation and tax base billions of dollars vs another group of scientists.

Why should we agree to shelling out 4 trillion dollars to see who is naughty and who is nice?

Every American ever born today already owes $130,000.00 as his share of the 15 trillion dollar national debt, and we have 600+ elected representatives who are addicted to power and the good life who do not relate to those of us out here in human being land who don't know who's naughty and who's nice in the scientific community.

When one scientist emails another scientist in any part of the world to obfuscate the truth so people will give them foundation money to "investigate" what do you expect them to find for the megabucks shelled out to them by the rest of the world? Nothing?

Well, if they found nothing, the money was wasted. Of course they found "something."

They found a world full of mortified human beings who know how to read scientific reports and they got ulcers with worry from it.

Now another group of scientists is telling us not so fast? And Al Gore says he'll help if we pay him $100,000 per lecture, and that he knows just how to fix it: humiliate and step all over anybody who says he's lying.

This is the idiot who didn't know he was in a Chinese Temple taking money from Chinese nationals for his political campaign in the United States of America.

And we're pissed off for his political allies shelling out half a billion bucks apiece to people talked into finding "solutions." The only "solution" I am seeing in Solyndra is the President made some "hurry up treasury" calls to shell out $535 billion dollars to his friends who needed quick cash to keep from going bankrupt.

Our country only has 300 million people in it. That's a huge hit to every family of 4 who has college tuition to pay, expenses, a burden of inflation the likes of which this country has never seen coming up, and a national debt that is divied up equally to be $130,000 apiece for every man woman and child over here.

It's an untenable situation we have, and we're stuck here holding the bag from crooked politicians in a hurry to get elected to help themselves and their pals to all that money collected to protect this nation from predators.

The current one is dumping all our allies in the gutter--he went after Britain by decimating BP after a highly questionably-caused incident whereby a lot of oil was dumped. It hit the tourist industry in every gulf coast state. It hit the oil industry and gasoline prices have never been worse in summer months when we used to get to go visit the National Parks we also are on the hook of paying for.

Dummoxes in the White House decided their piggy banking of their pals was more important than our children getting to see Old Faithful and the Grand Tetons in Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, Acadia National Park in Maine, the Grand Canyon in Arizona, Yosemite and the Redwood Forest in California, Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, Glacier National Park in Montana, Smoky Mountain National Park, the Florida Everglades, Arlington National Cemetery where we pay respects to our war dead, the amazing Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico, Grand Bend National Park in Texas, Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado, all our national treasures not available to us any more because Obama decided selfishly to prosper his buds who supported his accursed campaign in the greeny industry and damage and destroy the entire American oil industry who didn't give him top dollar since he'd already threatened to ruin the industry ahead of time by saying lies in his speeches that really excited his Democrat base to have such a huge conservative "bad guy" to kick around as their college professors saw to it they would hate conservatives after getting through their spin on history, begosh and begorra.

We don't know who's lying and who's not lying. Everybody runs to do damage control.

I only know it doesn't sound good when a scientists writes his friends and sends a mass email out to tell other scientists to hide the truth.

It stinks.

I hate lies of omission.

It's caused this nation nothing but suspicion, worry, and a war against all our financial institutions put on by people who poopoo on cop cars wherever it grabs a headline and gets them to be the center of attention so people will notice them mad at conservatives and hate conservatives too.

And the willfully ignorant asses bray out their nonsense once more.
Considering it's you and your fellow cultists who are ignoring the information in these emails, it looks like the "willfully ignorant ass" label is more accurately yours.

The warmists will create some more committees stacked with warmist goons to "investigate" the emails and dub them to be proof of nothing.

Forum List

Back