Climate scientist wants to turn entire Sahara desert into green farmland

Who cares what he "wants"? In this life what you "want" is always what you're going to get.

This equals approximately 1.2 quadrillion dollars. I know that sounds like a lot, except if we simply taxed the one percenters a bit more and made them pay their fair share.
Why don't just utilize Zero Point Energy? Ah, I almost forgot, all related researches are suppressed by big money (oil, banks investing in oil...etc) and its vassal the government(s).
There are some very good documentaries out there relating to the inventions of unlimited clean energy sources what are suppressed by the government(s). Just one or two examples below. Search for "The Race For Zero Point Energy"

Screenshot_20181002-180900.png

There is a vast uninhabited area.

A good number for solar farm cost per acre is typically $500,000 here in the U.S.

US = 2,429,914,880 acres

This equals approximately 1.2 quadrillion dollars. I know that sounds like a lot, except if we simply taxed the one percenters a bit more and made them pay their fair share.
With that kind of money we could build a Dyson sphere.

Africa will benefit from solar far more than even the advanced nations. It will enable them to enter the 21st century in a generation.

Amen.

I hope and want it. But there are the business people from developed countries who also wants to get the benefit.

The money is not an aid but an investment.

Solar paired with batteries for a local off grid supply of power.

Batteries, expensive components what are not biodegradable, a 9-19% efficiency with a couple of decades of lifespan. Earth pollution at its finest. Lose-lose situation.
Are you a solar panel salesman? Sure seems like it from your responses and you find alternative clean energy sources laughable.

Last edited:

Solar paired with batteries for a local off grid supply of power.

Enerdeal signs one of the largest fully off-grid solar power plant in Africa with Forrest Group - Enerdeal
Enerdeal signs a 1 MW solar power plant with 3 MWh battery storage in Katanga Democratic Republic of Congo, the largest off-grid solar plant in DRC and one of the largest off-grid solar plant in Africa
1 MW is that all?...and it`s one of the largest solar plants in Africa.
This production capacity is being coupled with several km of medium and low voltage transmission lines, in order to power street lights and households and to enhance the development of new small and medium industries in the area.
No wonder they installed only a few kms of transmission lines because it`s just barely enough for the huts in Manono.:
800px-Flying_over_Manono%2C_Katanga.jpg

Pathetic, they will still not have enough power for everybody to cook on an electric stove instead of fires, or use fridges to store their food...but will have street lights in a village with no streets and no traffic at night.

Things like that always have unintended consequences. It's not good to mess with nature too much.
I agree. It is like dumping 30 billion tons of CO2 into the atmosphere every year and not expecting any consequences. It is not good to mess with nature that much. We do however know the consequences.
You do realize that the earths long term average CO2 level is above 1725ppm, don't you? Were actually CO2 deprived right now..

PhanerozoicCO2-Temperatures.jpg

But please continue with this left wing fantasy rage.. Its amusing...

Africa will benefit from solar far more than even the advanced nations. It will enable them to enter the 21st century in a generation.

Amen.

I hope and want it. But there are the business people from developed countries who also wants to get the benefit.

The money is not an aid but an investment.

And what are you doing for the 18 hours the sun is incapable of providing energy?

Things like that always have unintended consequences. It's not good to mess with nature too much.
I agree. It is like dumping 30 billion tons of CO2 into the atmosphere every year and not expecting any consequences. It is not good to mess with nature that much. We do however know the consequences.
You do realize that the earths long term average CO2 level is above 1725ppm, don't you? Were actually CO2 deprived right now..

View attachment 222488

They never include grass in their studies, because it processes CO2 at a rate of like 440% more than than the highest thing they list. Dishonesty at its finest, or crappiest, depending on how you look at it. Grass is everywhere!

View attachment 222488

They never include grass in their studies, because it processes CO2 at a rate of like 440% more than than the highest thing they list. Dishonesty at its finest, or crappiest, depending on how you look at it. Grass is everywhere!
I like to put out facts which shred the AGW mantra with ease. CO2 is not the enemy and our CO2 generation is not even a drop in the bucket in the earths long term history. It is in fact beneficial for us allowing foliage to grow faster and healthier.

The AGW meme has so many scientific holes its worse than a sieve..

View attachment 222488

Lol, oh, are we counting those years before the human race made its appearance. The longest ice core record comes from East Antarctica, where ice has been sampled to an age of 800,000 years. During this time, the atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration has varied between 180–210 ppm during ice ages, increasing to 280–300 ppm during warmer interglacials. We are way above that now.

Carbon dioxide in Earth's atmosphere - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back