Climate scientist Dr. Roy Spencer lays the smack to '2014 warmest year ever' nonsense

Every single media outlet? Are you sure? Are you sure you don't want to rephrase that bullshit statement?

It's routine when reporting on a study to include the statistical margin of error. Yet, it just didn't happen with the NOAA study.

The press release failed to include the margin of error, which is 0.1 degree centigrade. With the new 'record' set by 0.02 degrees, that should be considered a statistical tie (essentially, zero warming from the 2010 record). It's in the report itself (page 5) which I linked above.

Absolutely zero mainstream media outlets mentioned the margin of error. Not NBC, CBS, PBS, FOX or ABC. Not the NY Times. You had to go to the report itself, a blog, or hear about it in the Daily Mail.

Get this... since 2013, the LA Times admits that it will not print letters to the editor challenging AGW. If they won't even print that opinion from readers, they sure aren't going to print any articles that refute climate science orthodoxy.
LA Times We Don t Publish Letters to Editor Claiming Man Isn t Causing Climate Change

So, no, I stand by my statement.

How about the cooling? Was IT statistically significant?

I wouldn't go so far as to say we're in a long term cooling trend. The planet has been warm. However, the recent warming trend could be more due to a natural cycle than CO2 emissions.

I would point out, though, that Arctic ice has recovered significantly from the lows of 5 years ago. And Antarctic ice has increased dramatically. That's an anecdotal example of how the 2014 Hottest Year claim doesn't match up with observables. In fact, 2014 was a relatively subdued year for extreme weather events.

... And THAT is how we can rest assured that "Global Warming" (used during the summer) and "Climate Change" (used during the winter) is a LIE. Total, 100% GRADE A Leftism... OKA: Bullshit.

OK, Where, so you post a lot of unsupported flap yap, not a single link to support your idiotic accusations.

Once again, not a single Scientific Society, not a single National Academy of Science of any nation, and no major University states that AGW is incorrect.In fact, almost all of theise institutions have strong statements that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger.

So your posts tell us far more about you than the people you falsely accuse of being frauds.

Is it me, or did you fail to provide a link to support your idiotic accusations?

Sadly, nothing you said so much as contests anything I've said...

FACT: AGW is entirely political.

FACT: AGW has not a scintilla of scientific fact in support of it.

FACT: Not a SINGLE would-be PREDICTION by the Chicken Littles of the AGW cult has EVER COME TO PASS. Not ONE! The Poles haven't melted... the Seas haven't risen, the Earth's Climate is literally cooling, NOT WARMING.

FACT: The Ideological Left is comprised of sub-standard human beings who represent nothing but dead weight around the neck to humanity and represent the greatest threat to the species, with no close second.

Again, if you have a complaint to make, I suggest you make it to the proper people. Otherwise, your complaint is meaningless. Investors.com? Wow, there is a bastion of scientific peer review if ever there was one. NOT!

I have no complaint to make (as if there were an actual climate study enforcement strike team!). I have observations from looking under the hood of climate change studies.

Page 5 of the now famous 2014 Hottest Year study does mention that NOAA is only 48% sure of it's conclusion, and NASA is 38% sure that 2014 was the hottest year.
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/briefings/201501.pdf

Yet, the press release failed to include that uncertainty. Every mainstream media outlet failed to mention that, in fact using phrases like "It's official, 2014 was the hottest year" or "There is no longer any doubt".

Every single media outlet? Are you sure? Are you sure you don't want to rephrase that bullshit statement?

Yes. Every single one. A few carried the "well we're only 38% sure of that" story after that came out. But EVERYONE had the initial story and blared it to the heavens. That's how propaganda works.

Forum List

Back