Climate Change

The Outsider

Oct 19, 2010
My question is to all of you on whatever side of the isle of the debate, how many of you actually have a science background or are involved in a job relating to environmental sustainability/social effects?

Here is a bit from the EPRI website so you need not google and search.

EPRI | Environmental Issues > Overview

Environmental Issues

Here you’ll find background information on industry-related environmental issues, as well as background on EPRI’s environment research. This information is useful as a resource for articles on environmental issues and encourage you to contact us for more details.

EPRI's Environmental Research Program
The Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) is a nonprofit, independent scientific research organization. Our environmental research program provides scientific and technical information on possible health effects and ecological impacts related to the electricity industry. EPRI also develops solutions for protecting the environment through innovative technologies; for example, to reduce greenhouse gases and other air emissions or clean up contaminated soil. Our research results are provided to EPRI members, government agencies, and other stakeholders who can use the information in shoring up environmental stewardship and establishing public policy. In addition, much of our research is published in the scientific literature, and some results are publicly available from sources such as the EPRI Journal and the EPRI website. EPRI has been conducting research for almost 35 years and has established a reputation for objectivity, thoroughness, and scientific integrity

The Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) is a nonprofit, independent scientific research organization.

Is it possible I am the only one qualified to discuss these issues?

Last edited:
My question is to all of you on whatever side of the isle of the debate, how many of you actually have a science background or are involved in a job relating to environmental sustainability/social effects?

Why don't you just cut to the chase and tell us your point instead.

Why don't you just cut to the chase and tell us your point instead.

The point is built into the question, discredit everyone if they are not anointed by a university and making money strictly through our tax money.

Funny thing is though, there are no "environmental sustainability jobs".

EPRI has done many papers that state exactly this, if you take time to read through the rhetoric of the EPRI studies.

I'm a geologist and my business is involved in mitigating the effects of environmental depredation. I do work in Asia and North and South America at the moment. I have had projects in Africa as well but not for several years now.

He may be right.

Well, here's what AGW Messiah Phil Jones had to say.

"BBS - Do you agree that from 1995 to the present there has been no statistically-significant global warming

Phil Jones: Yes..."

BBC News - Q&A: Professor Phil Jones

I think that we should do everything in our power to prevent climate change. It has to be the same for everybody everywhere on the Earth at all times. We should pass legislation that keeps those evil Repugs from causing changes in climate at all costs. 72 and sunny at all times everywhere. It's the only way we can be fair.

Last edited:

I'm a geologist and my business is involved in mitigating the effects of environmental depredation. I do work in Asia and North and South America at the moment. I have had projects in Africa as well but not for several years now.

Ever read John Mcphee's Annals of the Former world, its actually five of his books, Basin and Range, Assembling California, Mcphee traveled and learnt much from many Geologist, Moore comes to mind off the top of my head.

Trained data analyst. Does that count?

Why not, I say it counts, especially if you work in the real world where the Democrat-Scientist have never worked. The Democrat-Scientist have never left the classrooms.

What kind of Data?

Ever read John Mcphee's Annals of the Former world, its actually five of his books, Basin and Range, Assembling California, Mcphee traveled and learnt much from many Geologist, Moore comes to mind off the top of my head.

Yes, I've read pretty much everything he's ever written. If you liked the Annals you'll love The Control Of Nature. It is exceptional.

Yes, I've read pretty much everything he's ever written. If you liked the Annals you'll love The Control Of Nature. It is exceptional.

I think I have everything he wrote, first in papeback, now I collect Mcphee's first editions.

Another author I like is Henry Petrosky,.

Attachments

• $lib sized.jpg
    $lib sized.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

I think I have everything he wrote, first in papeback, now I collect Mcphee's first editions.

You can see Mcphee's Annals of the former world when you enlarge this photo and all his other books, a little off center to the right.

I just point this out so the liberal-Marxist know they are out-matched by me.

Yes, I've read a few of Petroski's books as well. I particularly liked his The Evolution of Useful Things.

You can see Mcphee's Annals of the former world when you enlarge this photo and all his other books, a little off center to the right.

I just point this out so the liberal-Marxist know they are out-matched by me.

:lol::lol::cuckoo::cuckoo::lol:

Forum List

Back