climate change- ya'll missing the point

No such thing as clean energy. You have to build it and when you build it your polluting, in the case of extremely low power yeilds of solar and wind, you have to build so much more you pollute on a much larger scale.

Low power yeilds? More lies from the same source. Gigawatts of power from the wind just in Oregon. In fact, for an hour, in spite of the fact that only 8 of the 22 wind farms are any where near completion, they produced enough power for both Portland and Seattle.

We now have one plant in Oregon that is producing 500 mw of solar cells a year, and one other of the size near completion. A couple more in the permitting process.

Your whole rant is false and stupid beyond belief. What you are stating is that because the first loads of parts were delivered to the truck and auto factories in horse drawn wagons that we still have to have horse drawn wagons.

Why dont you tell us about the time you posted the false data from Hansen, you got busted by Krotchdog.

first loads of parts were delivered to the truck and auto factories in horse drawn wagons that we still have to have horse drawn wagons

What a fucking idiot Old Crock is, if I stated this first thing Old Crock would state is "source?"

I aint Old Crock so I wont ask for a source because I can see stupidity without asking for the source.

Old Crock, are you sure the chicken came before the egg.

You must be talking of the Dodge brothers delivering drivetrains to Henry Ford at the River Rouge plant, check the name, River Rouge, lets take a good look at Ford's name of his plant in Dearborn Michigan, River Rogue, river? Maybe the plant is on the River, wonder why a car factory would be on a river, maybe so heavy parts could be delivered by boat, yep thats it Fords River Rouge factory is on a river so that an operation of such a large scale can be delivered by boat.

Old Crock, your a dumbass, you have yet to post anything supporting your lies about the power output of windfarms.

I have a simple question for the GREAT WIND FARM EXPERT OLD CROCK, how many types of energy are used and how much of each type of energy is used to manufacturer one ton of fiberglass, fiberglass being the material used in the production of windmills.

If Old Crock cannot answer this simple question Old Crock is nothing more than a political hack, a politcal propagandist.

There is more oil here than in saudi arabia the greenies won't let us get it. Use it now while you are inventing all this new (make believe) green energy. All this global warming is a total crock of shit!!! Please explain to me what happened to our summer this year if we are experiencing global warming, and why was last winter one of the coldest in decades? By the way if it got one degree warmer in the midwest where I live in winter that would be great and save me money!!! warmer summers and longer warm seasons would also let our farmers grow more food and we could grow peaches in the north!!!Im going into the HVAC business and the hotter the better, and the people here will always need heaters!!!!

K2 skier look up the Bakken formation that is located in N.D. this formation has more oil in it than all of the oil in Saudia Arabia!!!! we could start selling oil to the other countries that need oil!!! God gave us the oil resources in Alaska that is located in some of the most unhabitable regions on the earth a perfect place to drill for oil, no one or nothing is there to harm.

Yeah, we heard that the Alaskan pipeline was supposed to have run dry by now, when the enviroloons said pretty much the same things back in the '70s.

For people who claim to have science on your side, y'all have a pretty weak track record of fortune telling.

and it isn't light sweet either, and it has a very high level of benzene...

how much crude comes from the pipeline to supply our daily needs?
So, you're admitting that the pipeline is still, at least marginally, viable far beyond what the naysayers claimed it was going to be.

A rare moment of honesty from an envirowackaloon.

No such thing as clean energy. You have to build it and when you build it your polluting, in the case of extremely low power yeilds of solar and wind, you have to build so much more you pollute on a much larger scale.

Low power yeilds? More lies from the same source. Gigawatts of power from the wind just in Oregon. In fact, for an hour, in spite of the fact that only 8 of the 22 wind farms are any where near completion, they produced enough power for both Portland and Seattle.

We now have one plant in Oregon that is producing 500 mw of solar cells a year, and one other of the size near completion. A couple more in the permitting process.

Your whole rant is false and stupid beyond belief. What you are stating is that because the first loads of parts were delivered to the truck and auto factories in horse drawn wagons that we still have to have horse drawn wagons.

Why dont you tell us about the time you posted the false data from Hansen, you got busted by Krotchdog.

first loads of parts were delivered to the truck and auto factories in horse drawn wagons that we still have to have horse drawn wagons

What a fucking idiot Old Crock is, if I stated this first thing Old Crock would state is "source?"

I aint Old Crock so I wont ask for a source because I can see stupidity without asking for the source.

Old Crock, are you sure the chicken came before the egg.

You must be talking of the Dodge brothers delivering drivetrains to Henry Ford at the River Rouge plant, check the name, River Rouge, lets take a good look at Ford's name of his plant in Dearborn Michigan, River Rogue, river? Maybe the plant is on the River, wonder why a car factory would be on a river, maybe so heavy parts could be delivered by boat, yep thats it Fords River Rouge factory is on a river so that an operation of such a large scale can be delivered by boat.

Old Crock, your a dumbass, you have yet to post anything supporting your lies about the power output of windfarms.

I have a simple question for the GREAT WIND FARM EXPERT OLD CROCK, how many types of energy are used and how much of each type of energy is used to manufacturer one ton of fiberglass, fiberglass being the material used in the production of windmills.

If Old Crock cannot answer this simple question Old Crock is nothing more than a political hack, a politcal propagandist.

Al Whore told him they would work.

OP: No, you are missing the point. Those like me who want more information and studies before a quick change in how things are done are the ones with a real point. Even if "global warming" (really it's cooling now) was human-made, changes without knowing the full impact are idiotic, and forcing changes on the people is just wrong no matter how you spin it.

Remember corn oil?

K2 skier look up the Bakken formation that is located in N.D. this formation has more oil in it than all of the oil in Saudia Arabia!!!! we could start selling oil to the other countries that need oil!!! God gave us the oil resources in Alaska that is located in some of the most unhabitable regions on the earth a perfect place to drill for oil, no one or nothing is there to harm.

At the most optimistic, the Bakken might supply six months worth of our present use. Reality is that it will more than likely produce less than half of that. Why the hell didn't you look up Bakken before posting such rubbish?

The Oil Drum | The Bakken Formation: How Much Will It Help?

If we could actually produce 3.6 billion barrels of undiscovered oil forecast at the P50 level by USGS, how much would this equate to? The US uses about 7.6 billion barrels of oil products a year, according to EIA data. This is equivalent to just under six month's US oil use, spread over a very long period, probably 20 years or more. If total production amounts to only 500 million barrels, as I have suggested, this would equate to about 23 days worth of United States oil usage, spread over many, many years.

Looking at future production another way, the recent peak in production has been 75,000 barrels of oil per day (discussed in more detail below). Even if operators are able to triple this amount, the resulting production of 225,000 barrels a day (which would be a considerable challenge), will amount to only about 1.1% of US oil consumption, assuming the US uses about 20.7 barrels of oil a day, based on EIA data.

OP: No, you are missing the point. Those like me who want more information and studies before a quick change in how things are done are the ones with a real point. Even if "global warming" (really it's cooling now) was human-made, changes without knowing the full impact are idiotic, and forcing changes on the people is just wrong no matter how you spin it.

Remember corn oil?

Bottom line, if we did make all the changes that the evironuts wanted, we would have a collapsed economy, and no change whatsoever in termperatures. Old Rocks couldn't even argue that point

Remember corn oil?

Bottom line, if we did make all the changes that the evironuts wanted, we would have a collapsed economy, and no change whatsoever in termperatures. Old Rocks couldn't even argue that point

That's only part of the problem. ;) But right track.

Old Crock ignored my post, figures, Old Crock knows nothing about everything. Watch him post some data to dispute this.

Old Crock mentioned Geothermal as a good alternative, you cannot not develop Geothermal without massive amounts of oil and electricity to make the miles of pipes required to transport the Brine from the well heads to the power plant. Old Crock knows nothing of the thousands of tons of toxic waste that is naturaly in the Brine, stuff like Arsenic. What should we do with all this Arsenic Old Crock?

Geothermal currently is one of the three lowest yeilding power sources, the other two being solar and wind. Geothermal is as expensive as wind but less polluting than a wind farm.

The world hysteria about global warming (bogus or not) is the perfect means whereby clean energy advances , and the perfect means of putting the scums of the Saudi Royal Family and the scums in the fossil fuel industry OUT OF BUSINESS !!

ONE good reason for putting them out of business is that:

gasoline, diesel fuel, kerosene, fuel oil-

all STINK !!!!!

I'm sure there are a lot more good reasons.

Why do you call the Saudi Royal family "scum"? Also why do you want to put the fossil fuel industry out of business? Reverse the roles a bit. What if the US had all of the oil reserves that the Saudi's have? It's a supply and demand issue. The problem isn't with the people that sell the crude oil. The problem is really ours. We were smart enough to put a man on the moon and return him to Earth. Why is it we haven't developed an automobile that can get 100 miles or so to the gallon of gas? We can. I know we can and it's possible to do so rather quickly. The biggest problem is our own oil companies. The only way they make money is by selling gasoline and diesel fuel. Why would they want to cut their own throats and make cars more efficient and loose money in their own business? The Saudi's only sell the fuel that America consumes and we consume it the same way a drug addict consumes his drugs from the pusher. If we weren't buying so much oil from the Saudi's we'd be buying it someplace else. Why don't we use our own oil reserves? There is plenty of oil that could be pumped out of the ground on land America owns but we don't do it because of all the heat from special interest groups. Again, nobody to blame except ourselves. We are our own worst enemy. We act foolishly but yet blame others because we are idiots. We foolishly look at other sources of energy when we can not even manage the way we use oil and coal properly. We put the blame on others because we cannot force ourselves to see our own shortcomings.

Last edited:
The world hysteria about global warming (bogus or not) is the perfect means whereby clean energy advances , and the perfect means of putting the scums of the Saudi Royal Family and the scums in the fossil fuel industry OUT OF BUSINESS !!

ONE good reason for putting them out of business is that:

gasoline, diesel fuel, kerosene, fuel oil-

all STINK !!!!!

I'm sure there are a lot more good reasons.

Why do you call the Saudi Royal family "scum"? Also why do you want to put the fossil fuel industry out of business? Reverse the roles a bit. What if the US had all of the oil reserves that the Saudi's have? It's a supply and demand issue. The problem isn't with the people that sell the crude oil. The problem is really ours. We were smart enough to put a man on the moon and return him to Earth. Why is it we haven't developed an automobile that can get 100 miles or so to the gallon of gas? We can. I know we can and it's possible to do so rather quickly. The biggest problem is our own oil companies. The only way they make money is by selling gasoline and diesel fuel. Why would they want to cut their own throats and make cars more efficient and loose money in their own business? The Saudi's only sell the fuel that America consumes and we consume it the same way a drug addict consumes his drugs from the pusher. If we weren't buying so much oil from the Saudi's we'd be buying it someplace else. Why don't we use our own oil reserves? There is plenty of oil that could be pumped out of the ground on land America owns but we don't do it because of all the heat from special interest groups. Again, nobody to blame except ourselves. We are our own worst enemy. We act foolishly but yet blame others because we are idiots. We foolishly look at other sources of energy when we can not even manage the way we use oil and coal properly. We put the blame on others because we cannot force ourselves to see our own shortcomings.

The oil companies have killed many attempts for businesses to improve things like the carburetor and other fuel mileage improvements. We just don't buy oil from the Saud's, we trade weapons for oil...

All the easy oil left in the USA is not very light or sweet, and isn't very economical to recover at current crude prices. How much of our land are will willing to damage for a short term fix? One day we will have extinguished our limited natural resource...

With an open mind, please read; "House of Bush House of Saud", by Craig Unger, a very impartial look at the secret relationship between 2 of the worlds most powerful dynasties.
Not political or judgmental, (maybe a little toward the end, only in some slight assumptions) just the facts between 2 family's craving power, money and control. All from crude oil...

How Washington sold our soul for Saudi crude...

Robert Baer, was a case officer in the Directorate of Operations for the CIA from 1976 to 1997. He served in places such as Iraq, Dushanbe, Rabat, Beirut, Khartoum, and New Delhi, handling agents that infiltrated Hizballah and al Qaeda, among others. He received the Career Intelligence Medal in 1997 and now divides his time between Washington D.C., and France.

Sleeping with the devil: how ... - Google Books

Forum List

Back