Climate change will drive higher plant populations

Climate change will drive higher plant populations

Below's list of "wonders" are simply the basic management factors that help guide the university's research. He told farmers that plant density is a component of yield, and he counted it as his "fifth wonder" that's changed the most over the past 50 years.

"Especially in the northern latitudes, like North Dakota, if you have a long day and a short season, then the idea is, 'I've got to intercept light as quickly as possible. I'd better change my plant population, my plant arrangement, to optimize my light."

Theoretically, climate change should have some advantages for northern corn farmers. It's less beneficial for farmers who already have high temperatures, farther south that the Dakotas and Minnesota.

"There's winners and losers when it comes to increasing the temperatures, and -- of course -- North Dakota is one of the winners." And then he quickly qualified that: "Probably everyone's a loser (on climate change) in the long run. Some geographies
will be harmed

Yep

Who would be the biggest loser if we have another ice age?

The entire frickin northern hemisphere , how many people would that kill?

Probably 3/4 ths of the human race due to starvation.

But some things are natural and you deal with them. We're at a point now where living in the cold isn't so much of a problem any more.

Seeing the destruction of the world as we know it on the other hand, could be fatal for humans and a lot of other animal species.

You moron climate change the reversal of the poles will happen anyways...with or with out man

Take your pick global warming or another ice age the statistics tell you it would of happen.
The natural cycles of ice ages, the Milankovic Cycles, don't happen overnight. The down slope to the point of continental glaciation is quite slow, allowing plants and animals to adjust to the change. We already know what happens when there is a very rapid change in climate. In the Younger Dryas, North America lost most of its large mammal species at two points, going into the cold snap, and coming out. Both were times of extinctions for the large mammals of this continents.

And precisely why during the past million years did North America thaw while Greenland froze???

Start the Jeopardy! music

Those "interglacials" are complete BULLSHIT.

Really?

I don't know why anyone is talking with you about anything. You're pretty obviously tetched in the head. You're not all there. You've got a few screws loose. You seem to be delusional about a number of issues. Attempting to have a conversation with you leads no where but does provide you with an outlet. I'm no shrink, but I suspect it would be best if no one talked to you at al here; at least about any of your nonsensical "theories" or your mystery "data".

So, Dex, how're things going? Why aren't you at work? Me, I'm out sick. Wicked cold. I went in, but the guys did't want me to give it to them and told me to take the day off. You? Don't you have some high pressure atmospheric physicist job you need to be at?

Why aren't you at work?

LOL!!!!

I am at work. Work gets busy sometimes and slacks off sometimes. Guess when I post... DUH...

Sorry if the truth I post offends you. Well, not really. Truth only offends those profiteering off fraud, like you...

Aren't you the shining example of good ethics. I don't post at work. I work at work.

Interesting charge you make, though. Please tell me how I've been "profiteering off fraud".

Forum List

Back