Climate Change Solution that Everyone Will Hate

Bruce Daniels

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2020
During World War II, when the U.S. faced a mortal threat to its very existence, the government imposed rationing -- in particular, gasoline rationing. I believe that the time has come again for gasoline rationing.

Gasoline rationing would accomplish a number of things:
  1. It would emphasize the seriousness of the situation.
  2. It would reduce the amount of greenhouse gases being released into the atmosphere.
  3. It would encourage the use of public transit.
  4. It would encourage the development of alternative forms of transportation and power sources.
  5. It would make almost everyone a participant in the fight against climate change.
I hope that you will support my proposal.

During World War II, when the U.S. faced a mortal threat to its very existence, the government imposed rationing -- in particular, gasoline rationing. I believe that the time has come again for gasoline rationing.

2. It would reduce the amount of greenhouse gases being released into the atmosphere.
  4. It would encourage the development of alternative forms of transportation and power sources.
  5. It would make almost everyone a participant in the fight against climate change.

Go blow a goat hippie.

Go blow a goat hippie.

Well, that certainly is an incisive response. What's YOUR solution?

th

Since you're going for Crazy Eddie solutions why stop there?

Ration food, water, sanitation, etc, etc, etc,...

*****SMILE*****

:)

Go blow a goat hippie.

Solution to what problem?

Go blow a goat hippie.

Not rationing. That's stupid. It encourages nothing but sitting. I'll go the part about encouraging everyone to join the fight against climate change. No one believes in man made climate change. Those who advocate for it aren't subject to it. Sure, Leonardo Decaprio gets to keep his jet and so on, what about me? How do me and my family get to be free? So our gas ration would be enough to go to work cool, but what about when I want to jump in the ol'family truckster and go to corpus? That's a few hundred miles from me so you know. How about kids who ride a school bus? that bus has to idle, that uses fuel. its just not practical. in time I feel it will be used less because something better will come along.

Go blow a goat hippie.

Gas.

th

*****SMILE*****

How would rationing food, water, or sanitation help reduce climate change? But you know what? Rationing electricity WOULD reduce greenhouse gases. I'll bet you'd REALLY hate that!!

th

*****SMILE*****

How would rationing food, water, or sanitation help reduce climate change? But you know what? Rationing electricity WOULD reduce greenhouse gases. I'll bet you'd REALLY hate that!!

If it interferes with me having hot water then I say screw it.

Go blow a goat hippie.

Not rationing. That's stupid. It encourages nothing but sitting. I'll go the part about encouraging everyone to join the fight against climate change. No one believes in man made climate change. Those who advocate for it aren't subject to it. Sure, Leonardo Decaprio gets to keep his jet and so on, what about me? How do me and my family get to be free? So our gas ration would be enough to go to work cool, but what about when I want to jump in the ol'family truckster and go to corpus? That's a few hundred miles from me so you know. How about kids who ride a school bus? that bus has to idle, that uses fuel. its just not practical. in time I feel it will be used less because something better will come along.

News Flash! Lots of people believe in man-made climate change. Gasoline rationing would make everyone much more conscientious about their gas use. They'd be much less likely to just leave their car or bus idling if it wasn't necessary. And you'd still have gas to use, but you'd have to be more careful about how you did it. You wouldn't waste it.

Go blow a goat hippie.

Gas.
There is no gas problem. And if there is, drill baby drill.

Go blow a goat hippie.

th

*****SMILE*****

If it interferes with me having hot water then I say screw it.

That is exactly the attitude that got us where we are today: "I want what I want, and screw everybody else." I'm not saying that I'm not guilty of it too, but climate change isn't going to be solved by a few feel-good "kumbayas". We ALL have to do SOMETHING!

Go blow a goat hippie.

News Flash! Lots of people believe in man-made climate change.
Dude, it's been over a decade since the climategate emails were leaked. Why do you global warming doomsday cult members keep denying that you were duped?

It was debunked a long time ago. Fucking get over it. Doomsday was called off.

th

*****SMILE*****

th

Less gas required to produce food and deliver it to the store since less will be needed. Less energy required to purify the water so less coal to create electricity to that is required. Reduced pick up times for garbage trucks and other energy requirements will be less since people will be limited on the amount of waste they can produce. Etc, etc, etc,..... and as civilization comes to a grinding halt it'll be the year of the...

*****CHUCKLE*****

Do you know who Crazy Eddie is???

Go blow a goat hippie.

Gas.
There is no gas problem. And if there is, drill baby drill.

You don't get it. The problem isn't that we don't have enough gasoline, it's that we're using too much of it. That's a big part of what's increasing the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, which is driving climate change. The point of rationing would be to reduce the amount of gasoline used.

Go blow a goat hippie.

Dude, it's been over a decade since the climategate emails were leaked. Why do you global warming doomsday cult members keep denying that you were duped?

Fires in Australia and California like never before, massive floods, hurricane after hurricane -- yep, it's just business as usual. Look at the facts. But I'll bite -- you say climate change was debunked a long time ago: by whom? What's the evidence?

th

*****SMILE*****

th

Less gas required to produce food and deliver it to the store since less will be needed. Less energy required to purify the water so less coal to create electricity to that is required. Reduced pick up times for garbage trucks and other energy requirements will be less since people will be limited on the amount of waste they can produce. Etc, etc, etc,..... and as civilization comes to a grinding halt it'll be the year of the...

*****CHUCKLE*****

Do you know who Crazy Eddie is???

Does it make any difference?

Go blow a goat hippie.

Fires in Australia and California like never before, massive floods, hurricane after hurricane -- yep, it's just business as usual. Look at the facts. But I'll bite -- you say climate change was debunked a long time ago: by whom? What's the evidence?
th

The climate has always changed and will continue to do so in the future whether you like it or not. Change is inevitable. If you don't believe me go back in time and ask the dinosaurs and mammoths.

*****SMILE*****

Go blow a goat hippie.

News Flash! Lots of people believe in man-made climate change. Gasoline rationing would make everyone much more conscientious about their gas use. They'd be much less likely to just leave their car or bus idling if it wasn't necessary. And you'd still have gas to use, but you'd have to be more careful about how you did it. You wouldn't waste it.

Lots of people think it's crap. The world giving up fossil fuels is a pipe dream. No one will do it. The best way is to come up with better stuff. Look at the Tesla. The first few years they were out the only people who liked them were celebrity's. Now they are pretty common. Alchohol is big to. My neighbor makes fuel for his two stroke engines out of old doughnuts and grass clippings. He even has a moped that runs on ethonol. He did this when they lived in California. He said using gas to power a lawn mower is a waste. The tech will come, but if you force it on people it will be rejected out of hand. And you would also create a new class of criminal and victim as this rationing would create a black market for gas.

Please remember - Climate Change = WEATHER. Thank you.

Forum List

Back