Climate Change Kills Tesla

Again, it doesn't matter when the first electric car was build. Things are changing NOW. Without electric cars, there's no need to improve electric cares. With electric cars there is.

They're far more viable now than before.

So, Tesla is being subsidized by the govt. Many, MANY companies do well because of government intervention, for example pharma companies.
Pharmaceutical companies? You should start a thread on that, here it is irrelevant. All electric cars are doing is making lithium skyrocket in price. Nothing more. At that they will soon deplete the profitable supply of lithium and we will all have to find something else. Tesla will also deplete our supplies of cobalt. Most people dont think ahead like that. They want the easy gratification. Either way, Tesla is a luxury toy. Nothing more. Building something that is pure luxury and not practical only adds more pollution to the Earth, not less. I wont convince you of that. I wont convince any of the "believers". Telsa is pollution. More CO2 for less return. Sad really.

Just because I mention something, doesn't mean this is me starting a whole conversation about it on a massive tangent.

It's me showing that the government backs up many different types of companies because they see that it benefits the US.

Electric cars do need to be sustainable, which is going to be a problem. You've actually brought up a good argument with cobalt. However the same argument could be had for a lot of things, like current cars which require gas, which has to be found. The US is currently pumping a lot of oil out of the ground. How long can that last?

The US has 36.4 billion barrels of proven oil reserves.

The US is producing about 9 million barrels a day. Which is 3.2 billion barrels a year. At this rate the US will have gotten through its proven reserves in a little over ten years.

Now that doesn't mean the US will run out of oil. Proven excludes oil that hasn't been found.

But at some point it is going to start running dry.

Yep...but only the uber-nuts worry about shut like this! Thank God!:113:

But then others have cobalt. Just as others have oil.

The DRC has so much more. But then China will get that.
Yes, of course. But you were specific, as Elon Musk is specific when he states he will only use Cobalt sourced in the USA.

Still, the question remains, is using elements as a fuel source for mass transportation more sustainable than using an organic fuel.

Yeah, he'll only use cobalt from the US until it's cheaper elsewhere.

Well they thought they could use oil from corn to make vehicles run, and this then increased the price of corn so much it caused massive problems.

Whatever they choose it's going to cause problems in one way or another. Developing more efficient technology, across the board, is where you find what works.

The US is producing about 9 million barrels a day. Which is 3.2 billion barrels a year. At this rate the US will have gotten through its proven reserves in a little over ten years.

Now that doesn't mean the US will run out of oil. Proven excludes oil that hasn't been found.

The oil argument, peak oil, has been out there many years. Sadly, when we run out of oil, human civilization will largely, die off.

Oil is life, nothing else matters, except oil. It is sad to see such large amounts of oil consumed by the solar and wind industry, giving us little in return.

The oil argument, peak oil, has been out there many years. Sadly, when we run out of oil, human civilization will largely, die off.

Oil is life, nothing else matters, except oil. It is sad to see such large amounts of oil consumed by the solar and wind industry, giving us little in return.

Oil is life because we've made it so. And because we have people who when someone suggests something other than oil, they say "oh no, can't do that, might run out of cobalt."

Sound familiar?

I bought a Volt, great car, love the electric however in the winter it takes more energy to power the car in the cold, it also will convert to gas which is also great. I have the best of both worlds. 40 miles per charge on electric, less in the winter, about 28 on a full charge. It gets me to work and that is all I need.I have an 8 gallon gas tank, in the summer we never fill it, in the winter the electrical use goes up and we use gas quite a bit more. I’ll take a Volt over a Tesla or a Leaf, when there is a power outage, I’m still going to be able to drive.

As the solid state lithium and sodium batteries come online, the range of the EV's will double or more. And the cost of the battery will be below that of a ICE by 2030. And that will effectively be the end of the ICE auto's.

As the solid state lithium and sodium batteries come online, the range of the EV's will double or more. And the cost of the battery will be below that of a ICE by 2030. And that will effectively be the end of the ICE auto's.
Yes, today the Tesla sucks, is obsolete, simply bad and they need a new type of battery, that hopefully gets created. We all pray for the miracle battery and all the lithium that does not exist, so that old crock can have his Utopian fantasy. For we do not have enough lithium today, for tesla, and we certainly do not have the lithium for tomorrows dream. Yes, everything green will be great one day, just not today. But instead of research and development, a product that does not produce is propagandized onto the public as being ready. Yet here old crock admits, we must wait for tomorrow, and at that it is a dream, not a reality.

Yes, today the Tesla sucks, is obsolete, simply bad and they need a new type of battery, that hopefully gets created. We all pray for the miracle battery and all the lithium that does not exist, so that old crock can have his Utopian fantasy. For we do not have enough lithium today, for tesla, and we certainly do not have the lithium for tomorrows dream. Yes, everything green will be great one day, just not today. But instead of research and development, a product that does not produce is propagandized onto the public as being ready. Yet here old crock admits, we must wait for tomorrow, and at that it is a dream, not a reality.

His level of idealism is fascinating to me though.:2up:. Really I lost that decades ago.

Forum List

Back