“Climate Change in Your Face” — Great Barrier Reef Suffers Second Consecutive Mass Bleaching as Pote

Then maybe don't have the cow grazing so close to the river.

Along the freeway? Ain't no grass really grows on concrete and asphalt last I knew. They don't have barbed wire there?
The Aquifer spreads underground there several miles wide. Heck INEL is over a 150 miles away but their nuclear trash wound up polluting the river there too.

Yup cow poo piles rows next to the freeway. Its still a pretty remote area. Not a lot of grazing goes along in those type dairy feedlots. They just have small pasture areas for their cows there. I am not sure if they have any regulations on a certain amount of land per cow or not. I doubt they do. I'll ask next time I go out there.

Why would they pile the poo next to the highway? It does make good fertilizer.

A rule of thumb for beef farmers is 1 acre per cow. Do you know how much filtering happens as water seeps down to the aquifer through the ground?

It's pure by the time it gets there.

I think he's referring to a feedlot where they get the cows contained and they fatten em up just before they hit the slaughter house.
(she) is talking about feedlots that contain animals from birth to slaughter. The piglets never see what grass is. They are doing the same in some cattle operations now that are trying to feed them from birth to slaughter inside. The large cattle operations raise them from lil' guys to slaughter here too. Why do you think they want to close down open range ranchers? They have big operations in South America and the old style rancher is competition.

Sorry about that...
I've never heard of cattle being raised this way,it's just not practical.
Pigs and fowl yes.
No problem with the raising them however they want. They just need to deal with the shit properly as it goes into everyone else's water and ponds. Same with chemical sprays just do it where it ain't going to wash down stream, go into the water table or poison everything else in sight. These big operations have all been subsidized and people we now who had smaller operations that were more environmentally conscious about it all lost out. They can't compete with corporates that are subsidized and ruthless about making a dime no matter the cost to others.

The Aquifer spreads underground there several miles wide. Heck INEL is over a 150 miles away but their nuclear trash wound up polluting the river there too.

Yup cow poo piles rows next to the freeway. Its still a pretty remote area. Not a lot of grazing goes along in those type dairy feedlots. They just have small pasture areas for their cows there. I am not sure if they have any regulations on a certain amount of land per cow or not. I doubt they do. I'll ask next time I go out there.

A rule of thumb for beef farmers is 1 acre per cow. Do you know how much filtering happens as water seeps down to the aquifer through the ground?

I think he's referring to a feedlot where they get the cows contained and they fatten em up just before they hit the slaughter house.
(she) is talking about feedlots that contain animals from birth to slaughter. The piglets never see what grass is. They are doing the same in some cattle operations now that are trying to feed them from birth to slaughter inside. The large cattle operations raise them from lil' guys to slaughter here too. Why do you think they want to close down open range ranchers? They have big operations in South America and the old style rancher is competition.

Sorry about that...
Pigs and fowl yes.
No problem with the raising them however they want. They just need to deal with the shit properly as it goes into everyone else's water and ponds. Same with chemical sprays just do it where it ain't going to wash down stream, go into the water table or poison everything else in sight. These big operations have all been subsidized and people we now who had smaller operations that were more environmentally conscious about it all lost out. They can't compete with corporates that are subsidized and ruthless about making a dime no matter the cost to others.

Where exactly do you live that they can get away with it?

Sorry about that...
Pigs and fowl yes.

Iowa. Poorest county in the state and the most corrupt. Those inside feed containment facilities fer cows was in another county. I'll try to recall where the articles are. I started looking into the parasite types here about fifteen years ago because of my most favorite dog evah' and a neighbor who is a vet that helped me search for what was wrong with the dog. Looked at parasite load here on our place which pretty low but the wild animals come from alll over so can't keep those out plus a creek on it. The ponds down about a mile are not properties with feed lots but the feed lots are near them and their ponds are full of parasites.

Those terracing and tiling programs are also federally subsidized. Then they started getting subsidized to run the drainage tile is directed underground. That actually puts the chems and fertilizer into the underground water supply.

Its been awhile but the Des Moines Register put out an article for the dumb and blind that said with photo that rainbow like appearance floating on the water was perfectly normal and no big deal. Chemical overload no big deal and it really wasn't what was causing dead birds and such.

Sorry about that...
Pigs and fowl yes.

Iowa. Poorest county in the state and the most corrupt. Those inside feed containment facilities fer cows was in another county. I'll try to recall where the articles are. I started looking into the parasite types here about fifteen years ago because of my most favorite dog evah' and a neighbor who is a vet that helped me search for what was wrong with the dog. Looked at parasite load here on our place which pretty low but the wild animals come from alll over so can't keep those out plus a creek on it. The ponds down about a mile are not properties with feed lots but the feed lots are near them and their ponds are full of parasites.

Those terracing and tiling programs are also federally subsidized. Then they started getting subsidized to run the drainage tile is directed underground. That actually puts the chems and fertilizer into the underground water supply.

Its been awhile but the Des Moines Register put out an article for the dumb and blind that said with photo that rainbow like appearance floating on the water was perfectly normal and no big deal. Chemical overload no big deal and it really wasn't what was causing dead birds and such.

Where's the EPA in all that? Let me guess: Nowhere to be found.

That agency needs razed and restructured.

Then maybe don't have the cow grazing so close to the river.

Along the freeway? Ain't no grass really grows on concrete and asphalt last I knew. They don't have barbed wire there?

Times back when, steers were fed mostly grains in closed environment for three months before slaughter to achieve "USDA Prime Grade" marbling.
I was hired by an old rancher years ago who ran an ole' family range ranch. It was one of the biggest in Idaho. He was looking for a daughter-in-law and told me the whole history and what all they did every year, cattle markets, etc. His son and I were friend's but that was as far as it went. When I told my friend's dad I had two children and killed the Stork it ended the old boyz dreams of a 'heifer' for his son...lol I did learn a lil' bit during my week or so there. Plus worked for other farmers, harvest etc. over those years supporting the children. We have friends here who have tried to survive raising grass cattle but there are only a few of those left. Its hard work and the markets here they weren't getting any more than the feedlots for their animals. Cargil bought up all the larger feed supplier and mills and started stripping everything off and selling the chaff. One family we are good friend's with was telling me that the new feed didn't seem to have any nutritional value and the cows weren't gaining weight. That is when we started looking to see why.

Times back when, steers were fed mostly grains in closed environment for three months before slaughter to achieve "USDA Prime Grade" marbling.
I was hired by an old rancher years ago who ran an ole' family range ranch. It was one of the biggest in Idaho. He was looking for a daughter-in-law and told me the whole history and what all they did every year, cattle markets, etc. His son and I were friend's but that was as far as it went. When I told my friend's dad I had two children and killed the Stork it ended the old boyz dreams of a 'heifer' for his son...lol I did learn a lil' bit during my week or so there. Plus worked for other farmers, harvest etc. over those years supporting the children. We have friends here who have tried to survive raising grass cattle but there are only a few of those left. Its hard work and the markets here they weren't getting any more than the feedlots for their animals. Cargil bought up all the larger feed supplier and mills and started stripping everything off and selling the chaff. One family we are good friend's with was telling me that the new feed didn't seem to have any nutritional value and the cows weren't gaining weight. That is when we started looking to see why.

Two words:

Citrus Pellets. :X

Nothing wrong with hay, either.

Sorry about that...
Pigs and fowl yes.

Where's the EPA in all that? Let me guess: Nowhere to be found.

That agency needs razed and restructured.
Something most people do not understand is EPA just makes policy. It is up to each state to regulate based on those recommendations. Went through something about tearing down a building we owned and their department assholes here. The state guy was a prick, He told me I had to hire one of the firms he mention to do testing on the materials in our building based on federal regulation blah, blah, blah. So I called the regional feds because I didn't buy the state guy's bs story. The fed told me the real scoop and so called back the state guy better informed on the matter. My mom had a federal license to remove Asbestos if it was even in the old building so I knew it was just a matter of having the materials tested with lab of my choice. Before the conversation was over with the state guy he was threatening me with his lawyer and demanding I give him my address so they could go after me. Da'.
^^ that was twenty years ago and the gestapo's just get better and more devisive about hiding their bs.

Last edited:
Also there is a human population problem for us and it is really underrated in the 21st century. According to some polls, we're exptecting to 9.5 billion people in 2050!

Politicians have to listen advices from scientists and they must solve that problem otherwise we might be ended poorly..

An article about that:

Population Increase and Its Implications

Forum List

Back