Climate change hits Mars.

Have you ever noticed that the air you breathe out is warmer than the air you breathe in?
That's variable. The air you exhale is going to be at or near your current body temperature, not any warmer. If the air outside your body is cooler, then your observation is correct.:razz:

But but But...I THOUGHT you all on the right said that our Earth was COOLING....and you all keep patting yourselves on the back, agreeing with eachother and Code and others that our earth is cooling....

And now you accept that our earth is warming? Just like Mars is warming?

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS my friends! Is the Earth cooling or is it warming? :D

LOL thanks for that.

Actually, it's going to warm then cool.

CO2 will develop and get thicker, trapping in heat. Steam will rise in the form of clouds, which will then reflect the sunlight back into space.

After long enough with the cloud cover? Everything below it will freeze.

Kinda like what happens with the dust particles during nuclear winter.

But but But...I THOUGHT you all on the right said that our Earth was COOLING....and you all keep patting yourselves on the back, agreeing with eachother and Code and others that our earth is cooling....

What earns the fascisti more votes?

That's what it's doing... this election cycle.

Hang on to your hat. The Earth is what it is. Since about 2001, there was some cooling to date. There has been a general increase in Temperature since about 1600. Prior to that, for about 400 years, there was a general decrease of about the same magnitude.

The net increase for the 1000 years ended in the year 2000 was less than the net increase for the 1000 years ended in the year 1000. Across that entire 2000 year span, the warming which slowed in the latest 1000 years totaled a hard to even measure 0.7 degrees.

Over the last 8000 years, there has been a general decrease. In terms of highs during intergalcials, we are still pretty cool. Across the last 5 million years, we are at level that is about 5 degrees down. Across the last 55 million, about that many degreees down again.

For 8000 years, however, the climate has not really risen or falled above or below about a 2 degree range of variation. We are just about dead center in that range today.

So, for the last 120 years or so up to about 10 years ago, with several variations both up and down, there has been warming which has returned us to the exact mid range of deviation over the last 8000 years which represents cooling from a point about 8 degrees up from 50 million years ago.

Does this interupt or augment your panic?

Pretty pictures:

File:Satellite Temperatures.png - Global Warming Art
File:Holocene Temperature Variations Rev.png - Global Warming Art
File:Ice Age Temperature Rev.png - Global Warming Art
File:Five Myr Climate Change Rev.png - Global Warming Art
File:65 Myr Climate Change Rev.png - Global Warming Art
File:phanerozoic Climate Change Rev.png - Global Warming Art

Yes, in spite of the fact that we are in the part of the Milankovic Cycles where we should be in a slow cooling trend leading to a new continental glacial period. The Little Ice Age should be the norm, not the exception.

And, because of inertia in the system, the actual climate lags the present GHG level about 30 to 50 years. So the present levels of CO2, CH4, which have not been this high for 15 million years, will not be truly felt until 2040, at least.

Yet, with what was in the air 30 to 50 years ago, we are seeing the North Polar Cap disappearing far ahead of even the most pessimistic model. And the Alpine glaciers are following the same path. Sea level rise is right at the upper boundry of the IPCC estimates.

The melting of the permafrost, and the outgassing of CO2 and CH4 that is causing has also surprised most of the geologic and climate community. By what we knew, it should not be happening this fast. Our grasp of the positive feedbacks, and the magnitude of them is obviously flawed.

An excellant article outlining these facts can be found here;

The Copenhagen Diagnosis

Forum List

Back