Climate Change Given Prominence in Obama’s Address

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Same old sh.... nothing new here, forward into oblivion!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/22/u...ominent-in-obamas-inaugural-address.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — President Obama made addressing climate change the most prominent policy vow of his second Inaugural Address on Monday, setting in motion what Democrats say will be a deliberately paced but aggressive campaign built around the use of his executive powers to sidestep Congressional opposition.

Coldest Air of the Season Arriving

Coldest Air of the Season Arriving - weather.com

If it gets hotter, that's climate change:

If it gets colder, that's also climate change:

If it stays the same...you guessed it...climate change:
The world stopped getting warmer almost 16 years ago, according to new data released last week.

The figures, which have triggered debate among climate scientists, reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012, there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures.
Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it | Mail Online

The cold sting of Global warming hit home today. Man was it cold. Damn global warming.

Seriously.

This issue really serves as an example of how people can be led by the nose into believing anything.

I am not an environmentalist....and I would love to know that nothing we do will fuck up the planet we inhabit. It would be much easier and shit. But.......that just is not the case. We are doing damage.

Just use your fucking brains.

Global Warming and the Gulf Stream - How are Global Warming and the Gulf Stream Connected?

Dear EarthTalk: What is the issue with the Gulf Stream in relation to global warming? Could it really stop or disappear altogether? If so, what are the ramifications of this? -- Lynn Eytel, Clark Summit, PA
Part of the Ocean Conveyor Belt—a great river of ocean water that traverses the saltwater sections of the globe—the Gulf Stream stretches from the Gulf of Mexico up the eastern seaboard of the United States, where it splits, one stream heading for Canada’s Atlantic coast and the other for northern Europe and Greenland. By taking warm water from the equatorial Pacific Ocean and carrying it into the colder North Atlantic, the Gulf Stream warms up the eastern United States and northwestern Europe by about five degrees Celsius (roughly nine degrees Fahrenheit), making those regions much more hospitable than they would be otherwise.

Melting Glaciers Could Disrupt Warm Gulf Stream Currents
Among the greatest fears scientists have about global warming is that it will cause the massive ice fields of Greenland and other locales at the northern end of the Gulf Stream to melt rapidly, sending surges of cold water into the ocean system and interrupting the flow of the Ocean Conveyor Belt. One doomsday scenario is that such an event would stop or disrupt the whole Ocean Conveyor Belt system, plunging Western Europe into a new ice age without the benefit of the warmth delivered by the Gulf Stream.

Gulf Stream May Affect Climate Change Worldwide
“The possibility exists that a disruption of the Atlantic currents might have implications far beyond a colder northwest Europe, perhaps bringing dramatic climatic changes to the entire planet,” says Bill McGuire, a geophysical hazards professor at University College London’s Benfield Hazard Research Centre.
<more>

Last edited:
Global Warming and the Gulf Stream - How are Global Warming and the Gulf Stream Connected?

Dear EarthTalk: What is the issue with the Gulf Stream in relation to global warming? Could it really stop or disappear altogether? If so, what are the ramifications of this? -- Lynn Eytel, Clark Summit, PA
Part of the Ocean Conveyor Belt—a great river of ocean water that traverses the saltwater sections of the globe—the Gulf Stream stretches from the Gulf of Mexico up the eastern seaboard of the United States, where it splits, one stream heading for Canada’s Atlantic coast and the other for northern Europe and Greenland. By taking warm water from the equatorial Pacific Ocean and carrying it into the colder North Atlantic, the Gulf Stream warms up the eastern United States and northwestern Europe by about five degrees Celsius (roughly nine degrees Fahrenheit), making those regions much more hospitable than they would be otherwise.

Melting Glaciers Could Disrupt Warm Gulf Stream Currents
Among the greatest fears scientists have about global warming is that it will cause the massive ice fields of Greenland and other locales at the northern end of the Gulf Stream to melt rapidly, sending surges of cold water into the ocean system and interrupting the flow of the Ocean Conveyor Belt. One doomsday scenario is that such an event would stop or disrupt the whole Ocean Conveyor Belt system, plunging Western Europe into a new ice age without the benefit of the warmth delivered by the Gulf Stream.

Gulf Stream May Affect Climate Change Worldwide
“The possibility exists that a disruption of the Atlantic currents might have implications far beyond a colder northwest Europe, perhaps bringing dramatic climatic changes to the entire planet,” says Bill McGuire, a geophysical hazards professor at University College London’s Benfield Hazard Research Centre.
<more>

Could???? COULD????

Here, from Columbia University: The Gulf Stream Myth

The global warming nuttbars just want to tax the shit out of people who live in the more wealthy western countries and then transfer that wealth to the countries run by piss pour dick taters.. it's just a way of make the USA poorer as a nation and you can take that to the bank.

Seriously.

This issue really serves as an example of how people can be led by the nose into believing anything.

I am not an environmentalist....and I would love to know that nothing we do will fuck up the planet we inhabit. It would be much easier and shit. But.......that just is not the case. We are doing damage.

Just use your fucking brains.

You stated your opinion as fact. If you don't like what you are doing to the Earth then there is an easy thing for you to do. If you don't want to rid the world of the environmental damage your mere existence causes then do the next best thing, TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER. Turn off your electricity which most likely was made with COAL.

After being outside today I want to tell the environmental fear mongers to keep warm by f...ing themselves.

Warm is good, cold kills. YOU try thinking.

BTW if you are so worried about the temperature of the Earth then you certainly can tell me what it should be. Or you could tell me what some scientist says the temperature should be, other then just colder.

Climate change is a hoax. Obama believes the people are such drug addled fucks that they will believe if we give him enough money he can control the weather. No more hurricanes or tornados. No more blizzards. Go all in. He'll stop earthquakes too.

There hasn't been this kind of ignorance for a thousand years.

So......Obama wants to blow billions on keeping the weather from changing?

Climate change is a constant.

I guess they had to get off their Global Warming mantra.

Last edited:
The global warming nuttbars just want to tax the shit out of people who live in the more wealthy western countries and then transfer that wealth to the countries run by piss pour dick taters.. it's just a way of make the USA poorer as a nation and you can take that to the bank.

link?

So......Obama wants to blow billions on keeping the weather from changing?

Climate change is a constant.

I guess they had to get off their Global Warming mantra.

Me thinks it is a smoke screen.

Forum List

Back