Climate Change Game

No... because we did not have a sustained and prolonged ground war

To do things right and to do the right thing, I am all for it even with a high monetary cost

I do not just make a decision on whether UN nations will fork over money... and i do not make a decision based on 'world popularity' or UN whim

No, you make a decision based on what is best for America. Bush is destroying America. His tax cut and spend debacle has put us in debt to China, and the war in Irag is bleeding $20 billion dollars a month out of our economy. It is time for this nightmare to end.

The first Gulf War costs us a tiny fraction of the invasion of Iraq. Why? Because a large group of countries helped pay for it. The go-it-alone approach of George Bush has cost us $700 billion dollars.

And is still BY FAR the CHEAPEST "war" we have ever fought. Including even the Spanish-American war, in terms of percentage of GDP spent on the conflict. So far Iraq is running around 4.5%. Vietnam ran near 14%, Korea 7.5%. WWII was over 35%.

No, you make a decision based on what is best for America. Bush is destroying America. His tax cut and spend debacle has put us in debt to China, and the war in Irag is bleeding $20 billion dollars a month out of our economy. It is time for this nightmare to end.

Were you even alive during Vietnam or Korea? We lost 58,000 dead and 300,000 wounded in Vietnam from 1965-1973. We have yet to reach 4,000 in Iraq. Over 1400 dead in ONE DAY in the military battle with Georgia and Russia that's just kicked off.

We spent over 3X per day more in inflation adjusted dollars in Vietnam and 2X in Korea and almost 10X in WWII. And we had 420,000 dead in just 3.5 years in that one

Were you even alive during Vietnam or Korea? We lost 58,000 dead and 300,000 wounded in Vietnam from 1965-1973. We have yet to reach 4,000 in Iraq. Over 1400 dead in ONE DAY in the military battle with Georgia and Russia that's just kicked off.

We spent over 3X per day more in inflation adjusted dollars in Vietnam and 2X in Korea and almost 10X in WWII. And we had 420,000 dead in just 3.5 years in that one

Wow! I feel so much better now.

Wow! I feel so much better now.

Yes, having a proper perspective can make anyone feel better.

Russia and Georgia will lose more soldiers in this battle with each other in ONE WEEK than we have lost in SEVEN YEARS in Iraq. That's a lot close to a real war than this little police action we have had going on in Iraq

I think I prefer a game I stumbled on recently where you get to design a disease to wipe out mankind.

It's harder than you think.

And yet another generalization by Kirk...

Hey... how about a nice retort like "No... LIBERALISM is destroying America. It is time for liberalism to end"... it's about as pure of a reactionary statement as yours...

Bush is not destroying America.... I also disagree with the fact that his spending has been more than it should be... The war, national defense, etc MUST be spent on. But to reduce the budget deficit, he should have listened to true conservatives nationwide and pushed to have entitlement spending reduced to near nothing....

And yet another generalization by Kirk...

Hey... how about a nice retort like "No... LIBERALISM is destroying America. It is time for liberalism to end"... it's about as pure of a reactionary statement as yours...

Bush is not destroying America.... I also disagree with the fact that his spending has been more than it should be... The war, national defense, etc MUST be spent on. But to reduce the budget deficit, he should have listened to true conservatives nationwide and pushed to have entitlement spending reduced to near nothing....

I don't think he generalized... he told you what policies he thought were damaging.

National defense must be spent on. But absurd and irresponsible wars of choice do not. And certainly, one doesn't cut taxes during wartime... Bush is the only leader in history to do that.

The whole "entitlement spending" argument is garbage spewed by people who hate government and want to bankrupt it so it can't operate.

I don't think he generalized... he told you what policies he thought were damaging.

National defense must be spent on. But absurd and irresponsible wars of choice do not. And certainly, one doesn't cut taxes during wartime... Bush is the only leader in history to do that.

The whole "entitlement spending" argument is garbage spewed by people who hate government and want to bankrupt it so it can't operate.

How about justified wars to come to the aid of allies? How about justified continuations of that war that are a result of continual violations of acease-fire agreement that halted the hostilities from the first action?

Maybe you should actually understand the laffer curve for taxation. Maybe you should also realize the shape the economy was in thanks to the 90's false boom and the downturn he inherited when he came into office (let alone the downturn from the events on 9/11)...

The same old debunked liberal talking points, over and over and over again

How about justified wars to come to the aid of allies? How about justified continuations of that war that are a result of continual violations of acease-fire agreement that halted the hostilities from the first action?

Maybe you should actually understand the laffer curve for taxation. Maybe you should also realize the shape the economy was in thanks to the 90's false boom and the downturn he inherited when he came into office (let alone the downturn from the events on 9/11)...

The same old debunked liberal talking points, over and over and over again

The laffer curve??? You mean the one that has us almost $10 trillion in debt?? Ya, the tax cuts really paid for themselves, didn't they!

You are such a tool! A primitive little moron that can repeat Rush dittohead talking points but little else

So long as the military could function most of us be MUCH better off if that came to pass. The only ones who wouldn't are those sucking heavily on the tit.

And since when, outside the military, has the government ever operated in the past 20 years?

The laffer curve??? You mean the one that has us almost $10 trillion in debt?? Ya, the tax cuts really paid for themselves, didn't they!

You are such a tool! A primitive little moron that can repeat Rush dittohead talking points but little else

Try your little liberal entitlements that caused the debt.... I would also suggest you start to learn a little about economics before you spew more of your moronic garbage...

I forget, homo, where is your proof of oil being taken by us in Iraq?.... go get that proof as asked for before, before coming back into this forum

We'll be anxiously waiting

So long as the military could function most of us be MUCH better off if that came to pass. The only ones who wouldn't are those sucking heavily on the tit.

And since when, outside the military, has the government ever operated in the past 20 years?

In the past 20 years? You're kidding right? You mean the new deal never existed?

We're not talking about welfare and I don't know why you people keep repeating that obvious fallacy.... we're talking about functioning government... and no... most of us WOULDN'T be better off... try building a road or a bridge without government funds.

try building a road or a bridge without government funds.

Ever drive on a toll road? They always seem to be in far better condition than public roads. As I trucker I use them all the time. Many of them are privately owned and operated, and far better than Interstates. :)

Ever drive on a toll road? They always seem to be in far better condition than public roads. As I trucker I use them all the time. Many of them are privately owned and operated, and far better than Interstates. :)

Damn interstate highway system!

Truckers would be better off without it!

Damn interstate highway system!

Truckers would be better off without it!

LOL yeah sure that's what I said alright. :cuckoo:

All I said was Most toll roads are better maintained. Probably because they turn a profit and are able to keep them nice.

We truckers also like them because they tend to have less exits, more distance between points where cars are getting on and off. Personally I do not think more privatizing of our Roads would not hurt.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back